• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Hi everyone! This spreadsheet (which I take no credit for, plz no sue) contains every weapon unlockable through leveling up in Splatoon 2:

This list will be constantly updated by its creator, but for now it seems to have the complete list of everything that will be in the game at launch. This list has had me hyped all day, so I figured I'd share it here and start some discussion! Which kit excites you the most? How do you like the kit your main from the previous game got? Do you see any potential new mains in this bunch?

For me, I'm happy that weapons will take until at least Level 30 to unlock now, rather than all of them being crammed into the first 20 levels like in the first game. It should give us more time to get used to and enjoy the weapons we unlock, plus I personally find it very satisfying to continue unlocking things every level instead of only every 5. Later down the line, there may even be weapons which unlock past Level 30, though those will likely just be the alternate kits for weapons which are already high-level, like the Clash Blaster, Dapple Dualies, H-3, and Splash-o-matic.

I'm very excited for the kit of one of my previous mains-- the Slosher, with Suction Bombs and Tenta Missiles. Definitely gonna have to beat every single player level with it and unlock the Hero Slosher :D Another one of my mains, the Octobrush, has a kit that's a bit iffy to me though, being Autobombs (they don't look too effective due to how slow they are, but I'll have to play with them to really find out what I think) and the Inkjet, which I'm frankly not very good at aiming yet, lol.

The Aerospray RG is a weapon that I used to love back in the early days of Splatoon, but it eventually fell out of use for me. There were multiple reasons, and it didn't help that its sub was rather lackluster except in Tower Control, and its special wasn't very offensively oriented. But in Splatoon 2, it's now running the Sprinkler for even more turf coverage, as well as the Baller, which should make it a little easier to survive tough situations. However it also has the massive unlock level of 28! :scared: So it'll be a while before I can enjoy it I guess. It's probably for the best so I actually use other weapons until then :p

One thing that surprised me is that the Ink Brush is nowhere to be found on this list. Maybe they axed it due to its... problems like being bad. Although I'm happy that the great Octobrush has finally taken its rightful place as the signature representative of the brushes, it seems a little lonely now. :oops: Maybe the Ink Brush will make its return at a later date.

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One thing that surprised me is that the Ink Brush is nowhere to be found on this list. Maybe they axed it...

upload_2017-7-18_23-8-56.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH btw
Weapons/weapon kit spoilers are the only spoilers I want, so having a list of just that neatly tucked away from the rest of the splatoon 2 info floating everywhere is great for me:D

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
One thing that surprised me is that the Ink Brush is nowhere to be found on this list. Maybe they axed it due to its... problems like being bad. Although I'm happy that the great Octobrush has finally taken its rightful place as the signature representative of the brushes, it seems a little lonely now. :oops: Maybe the Ink Brush will make its return at a later date.
...Hey. Hey. The inkbrush wasn't bad, especialy later kits that were released for it. I actually prefer it over the octobrush personaly, so I hope to see it in a early update. It's one of my main weapons beside the Carbon Roller, so it's a shame I can't mess with it yet.

Infact im a bit iffy about the carbons new kit. But im going to give it a shot. I'll miss burst canceling though- even if its a bit obsolete perhaps thanks to the vertical flick. I'll have to think up some new strategies on it.

P-Kong

Full Squid
Do they consider the Splash-O-Matic that impactful it unlocks later than the Luna or E-Liter?
About no one used it at E3…

By the way, lol @ the Luna's range of 9 in the "Blasters" tab

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Huh, so no hydra splatling, no range blaster, no sploosh, no bamboozler, no squiffer, and no dual squelcher? What happened to "every old weapon will return"?

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
...Hey. Hey. The inkbrush wasn't bad, especialy later kits that were released for it. I actually prefer it over the octobrush personaly, so I hope to see it in a early update. It's one of my main weapons beside the Carbon Roller, so it's a shame I can't mess with it yet.
Sorry about that bit, lol. Didn't mean any offense to Ink Brush mains. I just personally always preferred the Octobrush because the Ink Brush had some issues I couldn't get behind, like its trail not being wide enough on the left, causing you to run into enemy ink if you turned left too fast, and not all of its hits connecting like they should. The range was also a problem for me, and this is coming from an Aerospray user. However its sheer roll speed always made it a fun time anyway, and without the Ink Brush, we'll be missing out on one of the best fan-made modes, Bumber Brushes (it's just not the same with Octobrushes), so it must return!

Huh, so no hydra splatling, no range blaster, no sploosh, no bamboozler, no squiffer, and no dual squelcher? What happened to "every old weapon will return"?
I think that's exactly it-- "every old weapon will return." They won't necessarily all be back at launch, but they will be eventually.

Last edited:

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Sorry about that bit, lol. Didn't mean any offense to Ink Brush mains. I just personally always preferred the Octobrush because the Ink Brush had some issues I couldn't get behind, like its trail not being wide enough on the left, causing you to run into enemy ink if you turned left too fast, and not all of its hits connecting like they should. The range was also a problem for me, and this is coming from an Aerospray user. However its sheer roll speed always made it a fun time anyway, and without the Ink Brush, we'll be missing out on one of the best fan-made modes, Bumber Brushes, so it must return!

I think that's exactly it-- "every old weapon will return." They won't necessarily all be back at launch, but they will be eventually.

That's a bit cheap if I'm honest, I use the dual squelcher, squiffer, and range blasters a lot in 1 when I wanted to have fun in PBs, telling me I have to wait to use them in 2 sucks. Like, imagine the outrage if they waited to release a Splattershot until almost a year in?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ink Brush had some issues I couldn't get behind, like its trail not being wide enough on the left, causing you to run into enemy ink if you turned left too fast, and not all of its hits connecting like they should.
Thankfully these are issues that can easily be fixed, and I expect that it's perhaps why its being held off a bit from release. So to me, the hold off is actually good news. We'll see what happens for sure.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I wasn't planning on using Sean's exp-boosting meals, cash is much more valuable, but I might have to if my beloved Jet Squelcher is at 17. I need that ASAP.
Buy his his exp boosting meals to rank up, then get his cash boosting meals to earn that money back.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
That's the plan. Originally it was "Levelling up will come in it's own time", but now I have a reason to rush :p
And then when it comes down to the time when getting sub-abilities for that ideal loadout, pay for drinks that increase the chance of getting that sub-gear slot you want.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
And then when it comes down to the time when getting sub-abilities for that ideal loadout, pay for drinks that increase the chance of getting that sub-gear slot you want.
I'd argue that using the cash booster is still more important. The first game required 1,533,100 cash to buy all weapons and gear, and that was before Spyke's services came into play. We're gonna need a mountain of gold to buy everything, it's gonna be quite some time until Murch is our only cash sink.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I feel like some of the weapons stayed close to their original weapons while other stronger loadouts were changed completely to tone them down. Carbon Roller and E-liter losing the burst bombs are pretty big hits to both weapons. Carbon Roller lost its main form of ranged combat and bomb cancels, while E-liter lost the main solution it had to close quarter combat. Ink Mines on E-liter are something I have always wanted though! That gives me a reason to try the weapon again over the splatterscopes

I didn't expect the Flingza Roller to be available immediately at launch so that's a nice surprise! The load out is not really what I was expecting but it's hard to complain about a splash wall on anything. Especially on a weapon as versatile as the Flingza. Splat Bomb Launcher is a nice option also!

I hate that weapons are still tied to your level though. That really sucks for anyone who wants to play their main from Splatoon 1 but it's placed at a high level, or anyone wanting to try out the new weapons.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I am just so excited about the Dynamo's kit! The stingray is a very.......questionable special as of right now, and ink mines are very situational subs, even with the buffs it got in Splatoon 2. Note that my excitement does not come from wanting to use the Dynamo, but more with its new shortcomings we will call them. :p

Even with this kit it will still be annoying to battle I'm sure if I have shorter range weapons. :oops:

I'm glad to see the Krakon Roller is basically back. Beakons with a special that will involve you getting up close to enemies to splat them.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
No dual squelcher at launch it seems =( I planned on using that a lot along with tri slosher and mini splatling...at least I have the latter 2 to look forward to ^_^ (once I hit the appropriate level of course...)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I NEED to know what the Octobrush Nouveau and Heavy Splatling Deco kits are gonna be this time around(I assume they will be added later). I mained the OG versions of those weapons and I'm currently not the biggest fan of the current kits of the heavy and octobrush at the moment. I strongly dislike the Stingray, especially on the Heavy. (6 ticks and i still dont get a splat? man....). I guess I can bear with the Sprinkler on the Heavy, as it'll be a nice distraction. The Octobrush no longer having Squid Beakons breaks my heart, but the Inkjet seems like it'll be absolutely fearsome in the correct hands, and I'm determined to git gud with it.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
Flingza having Splash Wall will help with it's long range vertical flick, and it having Splat-Bomb launcher is a-ok with me. The Carbon, I'm a little 'eh' about, on the one hand it will function decently well with the Autobomb, but I'm gonna miss my burst-canceling (probably why they removed it), and Ink Storm is ok for Inking Turf, though in combat I can't see it being that great (kinda like the Ink Strike was very dodge-able).

I can't wait to see what a Flingza Deco will have though, or what the Carbon Deco will be packing this time.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
No Squiffer at launch SUCKS. But I guess that means I'll get to learn how to use an actual sniping weapon lol.

Wait... The hero weapons aren't on here. I guess nobody's unlocked them yet? There's some otherwise unreleased weapons on there, so I'm curious how that's handled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom