• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sprinkler in RainMaker

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
Step one: Set Sprinkler near the RainMaker's Shield. Not AT it. NEAR.

Step two: Enjoy

I was surprised how useful this is. Try it out Squid Kids. It kinda works like you have a fifth teammate! (Except that they're not real, and they shoot at it every 3 seconds...)

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
For some raison I expected a post about how useless would be the sprinkler in his mode,instead I got the answer as why the sprinkler is useful in his game mode.

Gonna need to remember about it if I try mah kelp charger in it.

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
Huh, didn't even think about using it like that. I just throw it over the shield, so my team ink it while the enemy is distracted. I usually run the Inkbrush Nouveau just for :bubbler:, but maybe I should try the normal Inkbrush again

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
It can be useful, but its easy to destroy.
That's why you place it on your side. Besides, most teams die if an enemy flanks them while they're destroying the shield. Its not any different from your own teammates, except it won't move after the shield is down

As for throwing it elsewhere, even though its easy to destroy, its small and inconvenient to shoot. Plus most strategies using it involve the enemy focusing on it, so you can sneak around and kill them yourself, or break the shield while they're not looking.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
That's why you place it on your side. Besides, most teams die if an enemy flanks them while they're destroying the shield. Its not any different from your own teammates, except it won't move after the shield is down

As for throwing it elsewhere, even though its easy to destroy, its small and inconvenient to shoot. Plus most strategies using it involve the enemy focusing on it, so you can sneak around and kill them yourself, or break the shield while they're not looking.
Well, from every time I have used sprinkler in Rainmaker, it was almost instantaneously destroyed

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Nice tip! I tend to use the tentatek in rainmaker and like 9/10 times get a kill on S ranked people by throwing a suction bomb on their side. If I ever use a weapon with sprinkler I will remember this.

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
Well, from every time I have used sprinkler in Rainmaker, it was almost instantaneously destroyed
That's the point. Its a distraction. They have to turn around to start shooting it (unless you throw it between you and the enemy, then yes. it does die quickly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom