• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke's nightly escapades (or: the ordering system)

Njok

Bouncer
Squids, Kids, it seems that no one really knows yet where Spyke wanders off to every night when he goes to find the gear we ordered. I imagine him just getting wasted in the café on his own, and then quickly stealing something out of the shops since he rarely finds anything with unlocked subs for me.

Update!

I am assuming the Japanese wiki is correct. If it turns out that it isn't, please don't attack me for feeding you false information! My intention for this thread is to let people know how the system works, and nothing else

Someone posted a translation from the Japanese wiki on Gamefags. According to this wiki the odds are as follows:

"If you're level 16+, for a gear that has 3 default slots, the odds are:
- 30 % chance of getting no sub ability (so it's the same as if you ordered from the shop, only the price differs)
- 60 % chance of getting the first sub ability
- 9.5 % chance of getting the first 2 sub abilities
- 0.5 % chance of getting all 3 sub abilities, so an exact copy

according to the Japanese wiki . I don't know what is their source, maybe there is an official strategy guide released in Japan."

Thanks to @Sharpzz for finding this.

HUGE thanks to the original post, which you will find here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/72368988

Japanese wiki:

http://wikiwiki.jp/splatoon2ch/?%A5%AE%A5%A2

Other facts / assumptions regarding Spyke:

1. Prices*:

1 star gear: no subs, 2K / 1 sub, 2K / 2 subs, 20K, 3 subs, 100K
2 star gear: no subs, 5K / 1 sub 10K / 2 subs 20K / 3 subs, 100K
3 star gear: no subs, 10K / 1 sub, 30K / 2 subs, 50K / 3 subs 100K

2.You don't need to have the money when you order, it may still show up (forcing you to grind to get the money before he throws it out the next day). Whether it improves your chances if you do have the money is unknown so far

3. Someone suggested that gear will only come with the number of slots it originally has (ie, 2 star gear will never come with all 3 subs unlucked no matter what you order). The one time it happened for me it was a 3 star pair of shoes, so i can not deny or confirm this.

It has been confirmed that this is not the case. Regardless of the number of stars, it is possible to get the gear with all subs unlocked.**

Suggestions on how the ordering system works:

This part used to have suggestions, but that's not needed anymore. The only question that does remain is whether leveling up changes anything. As i understood it, the Japanese wiki does not mention that, so i'd guess not.

* I am not 100% sure of all of them, so if anyone sees a mistake in the prices, please do correct me.

** Thanks to HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ & SquiddiamFancyson for confirming.

Last edited:

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
For 1* gear, 2 subs unlocked appears to be 20k for me (I believe original stars of the gear affects the price of all slots except perfect gear). I know that 1* gear with 1 unlocked sub is 2k as well. 1* gear with 3 slots unlocked is still 100k, as it is for 2* and 3* perfect gear. I also know that 3 star gear that comes with 2 slots unlocked and 1 slot to level up is 50k. I have no photographic proof of this, but it's something I've experienced first hand.

Njok

Bouncer
Thanks for that, we're already getting somewhere! :)

I have edited the OP with this info. If anyone wants to add and / or correct the pricing as it is in the OP now, please feel free to do so!

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Thanks for that, we're already getting somewhere! :)

I have edited the OP with this info. If anyone wants to add and / or correct the pricing as it is in the OP now, please feel free to do so!
Awesome stuff, I've got some pretty decent orders on the way that I'm hoping arrive perfect, but if they fail at least I might have more prices to help update the OP with. :P

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
what if Spyke really goes after the inkling you ordered gear from and tries to kill it to take the gear, and depending on the skill of the inkling, spyke returns with the very same gear you ordered (successful killed the target), or spyke gets to look for other similar gear (target not killed, fought back). That's why there's less chance for spyke to get 3 stars gear same abilities 'cause it generally is worn by skilled players. Just saying.:cool:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
That's not odd if you've never ordered gear with 3 subs unlocked. Unless you are saying you did, and it cost you only 30K.
Pretty sure I have and they often come with 1 or 2 slots OF the ordered gear.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Well yes, that is the point. The more slots unlocked, the more expensive it is. All 3 of them unlocked will cost 100K.
Yes and I've never paid that much because spyke says he couldn't quite get what I ordered.

Njok

Bouncer
Yes and I've never paid that much because spyke says he couldn't quite get what I ordered.
Yep and that is the whole reason this thread started, because me and some others were wondering what the chances are of Spyke finding the exact copy, since we did not have any luck after a lot of tries.

Sharpzz

Full Squid
I bet the guy who did the Octoling hack could find the odds somewhere with his hack thingamabobs..

Njok

Bouncer
That would be awesome. Even if it's just the smallest info to help this cause back on track :D

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
I haven't found much, it's probably all hardcoded :\ I'm guessing it has something to do with the "Rarity" stat that all the gear has (which also applies to the shops).

Njok

Bouncer
I haven't found much, it's probably all hardcoded :\ I'm guessing it has something to do with the "Rarity" stat that all the gear has (which also applies to the shops).
As in: the rarer, the less likely it comes?

So my #4 may be in the right direction? That would really suck, because so far i haven't had any luck with anything. And i'm pretty sure most of my orders were not that rare :(

Njok

Bouncer
Ok if anyone would like to help, could you pay attention to the following: if you order a piece of gear twice, does it come the exact same way the second time? I am starting to suspect that it might be set.

I'm also starting to think that the probability of something coming with all subs unlocked might have something to do with how the person you order it from got it. Like if he levelled it up himself the chance would be higher then if he ordered it. This will need some more testing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom