• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Squeezer Discusion

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Squeezer just got these buffs (Correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Reduced ink consumption when shooting in squirt mode by 10%
  • Increased ROF for entire weapon.
It may not sound like much, but it really is. Does the Squeezer have any place in today's meta?

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Ehh it's iffy.
The only experienced one i've ever met was during a Clam Blitz match, he was pumping out shots, mostly against snipers and other long range weapons, disabling any support for the opposing team, and it worked, i do not know any way of making it into meta, since the gun is double used for range and strong hit, and turf with short range, while it's supposed to be an all in all weapon, it seems to be slightly lacking in both, versitility means nothing if it's not average at least on both situations where it was intended for.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
There is a good chance Foil Squeezer will take the place of Forge and Heavy Deco. As for the vanilla, I don't see it really changing.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I was never interested in the vanilla squeezer. But I played a few matches with the foil last night and loved it.

The splat bombs and bubble blower make for one awesome kit. And the tap shots have some serious range (77/100), although they seem to eat ink.

I honestly have no idea where it would fall in the meta. I think the foil has a lot of potential.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I've done pretty well with the original Squeezer. Keep in mind I never used the Splash Wall much, so this new one is already becoming a favorite. The key to getting a successful match with the Squeezer is really bracing it's two firing modes. You have to treat this as two entirely different weapons: A tap firing mode with damage and range that's pretty solid and a inking mode that's decent at turf. However this isn't a turf only weapon, you really ink just whatever area you need to start using that 2nd mode. It's great on Splat Zones, where you can ink your own area away from the point and use the 2nd precision-based firing mode to slowly pick off enemies in the point, one by one. It just takes time to adapt to two modes. It's like Maining two weapons at once!

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
As a supportive/jack of all trades player, i love the sqeeuzer for what is, namely 2 weapons and playstyles in one.
It’s a good turfer and killer, not actually super good in either field but once you manage to get most out of both, it’s a solid addition to alot of teams.
As for meta, i can see the foil having a place even if tiny.
Versatility can mean meta (look at the N-zap), but the squeezer is still kinda iffy on this spot.
Especially since the ‘tap mode’ requires some precision due shot travel speed.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Painting buff is exactly what I was hoping for! The new kit is also great as expected. Still the button mashing gets tiring and can throw off aim, which might keep from getting popular, but I'll definitely use it every now and then!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It's inking buff is a step in the right direction but it's nowhere near enough for it to paint well.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It's painting is pretty much the same as the Splattershot now, I think that's good enough.
The problem being is the delay for it to turn into Auto, which is what slows it's turfing capacity so much. You can't dolphin-dive like with other shooters, it first has to splurt out a single shot before it goes into auto whereas the splattershot can instantly start inking whenever it wants. You can try walking while inking, but that means you're going to overink a lot compared to other shooters who do not have the restrictions of waiting a brief second before they can do inking.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
You can't dolphin-dive like with other shooters,
Hate to knock this so off-track, but I love the pun here, considering you were replying to Lonely Dolphin.

But also, your delay comment is a good point, but I do wonder if it would be TOO strong if it were even better at inking than it already is?

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Let's not also forget that you still move as slow as you do in full auto mode as you do in semi auto mode, so the Splattershot will be able to cover a much wider area in the same amount of time due to a higher straffing speed. The Squeezer is designed to be a jack of all trades, and it largely is, but it's still a bit better at killing than inking, imo.

Reactions: the

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
The Squeezer, in general, is an interesting take on a weapon that is meant to perform in a sort of "jack-of-all-trades but master of none" way. I like the weapon overall. It's tap fire mode can be a bit of a pain to learn to use correctly, but I think some practice will make it work. Like the Inkbrush, mastering some kind of mashing method while keeping the controller steady will be key to using this weapon effectively. I have learned how to pump out tap fire shots like a boss! But I need to learn to steady my aim. I think that both of the different kits pander to different types though.

The vanilla Squeezer comes loaded out with the Splash Wall Sub and the Sting Ray special. This set, to me, screams defensive support. You can drop walls to deny paths, create choke points, and just be a general nuisance on the battlefield while the Sting Ray is there to control the battlefield through ranged supremacy. You use this weapon to hold down an area, snipe targets, and control space. This weapon would be best used in Tower Control and Rainmaker if you ask me. as said, this is more of a defensive weapon.

The Foil Squeezer comes equipped with Splat Bombs and the Bubble Blower. This set seems designed for more offensive support. Splat Bombs create neat traps and can force people out of hiding quite nicely. The merits of a good bubble Blower are quite obvious, but there's nothing wrong with mentioning them here. Area control, mobile shielding, and nice inksplosions especially when paired with Special Power Up! This weapon better supports pushing into enemy territory and taking turf and control. Though it does so more as a slaying weapon since its painting is not so good.

I think both weapons are good for a tactical squid. I'm just not sure that they will make an overall splash in the meta scene. Shouldn't stop you from playing them if you like them though. I know it won't stop me! But I can think of one change that would make the weapon better. Change the time it takes to transition from single shot mode to autofire/painting mode to be just slightly faster. This would make that transition period less jarring and allow for smoother painting and movement! These are just one squid's thoughts though. I'd love to hear some other opinions about this!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The problem being is the delay for it to turn into Auto, which is what slows it's turfing capacity so much. You can't dolphin-dive like with other shooters, it first has to splurt out a single shot before it goes into auto whereas the splattershot can instantly start inking whenever it wants. You can try walking while inking, but that means you're going to overink a lot compared to other shooters who do not have the restrictions of waiting a brief second before they can do inking.
Oh in terms of movement yeah it's inferior to other shooters of course, but if we're just talking about covering an area in ink then it's plenty serviceable. I do agree with minimizing or even getting rid of the delay before it fires.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
The Squeezer, in general, is an interesting take on a weapon that is meant to perform in a sort of "jack-of-all-trades but master of none" way. I like the weapon overall. It's tap fire mode can be a bit of a pain to learn to use correctly, but I think some practice will make it work. Like the Inkbrush, mastering some kind of mashing method while keeping the controller steady will be key to using this weapon effectively. I have learned how to pump out tap fire shots like a boss! But I need to learn to steady my aim. I think that both of the different kits pander to different types though.

The vanilla Squeezer comes loaded out with the Splash Wall Sub and the Sting Ray special. This set, to me, screams defensive support. You can drop walls to deny paths, create choke points, and just be a general nuisance on the battlefield while the Sting Ray is there to control the battlefield through ranged supremacy. You use this weapon to hold down an area, snipe targets, and control space. This weapon would be best used in Tower Control and Rainmaker if you ask me. as said, this is more of a defensive weapon.

The Foil Squeezer comes equipped with Splat Bombs and the Bubble Blower. This set seems designed for more offensive support. Splat Bombs create neat traps and can force people out of hiding quite nicely. The merits of a good bubble Blower are quite obvious, but there's nothing wrong with mentioning them here. Area control, mobile shielding, and nice inksplosions especially when paired with Special Power Up! This weapon better supports pushing into enemy territory and taking turf and control. Though it does so more as a slaying weapon since its painting is not so good.

I think both weapons are good for a tactical squid. I'm just not sure that they will make an overall splash in the meta scene. Shouldn't stop you from playing them if you like them though. I know it won't stop me! But I can think of one change that would make the weapon better. Change the time it takes to transition from single shot mode to autofire/painting mode to be just slightly faster. This would make that transition period less jarring and allow for smoother painting and movement! These are just one squid's thoughts though. I'd love to hear some other opinions about this!
I just think that it needs to be better at covering, that other buff would be nice, but I don’t think it’s needed.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@MotorGamer I respectfully disagree. By changing the time it takes to shift from semi-automatic to fully automatic, that would allow it to have better coverage by shortening or even completely getting rid of that small gap where you are essentially pointing finger guns into the air. A faster transition would alleviate many of the problems people have with the weapon!

On the other hand, getting better painting from the semi-auto mode would be nice. But if it had that, would that eliminate the usefulness of the full auto mode? Are these changes not being made to preserve its role as jack of all trades but master of none? Rampant speculation to come!

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
@MotorGamer I respectfully disagree. By changing the time it takes to shift from semi-automatic to fully automatic, that would allow it to have better coverage by shortening or even completely getting rid of that small gap where you are essentially pointing finger guns into the air. A faster transition would alleviate many of the problems people have with the weapon!

On the other hand, getting better painting from the semi-auto mode would be nice. But if it had that, would that eliminate the usefulness of the full auto mode? Are these changes not being made to preserve its role as jack of all trades but master of none? Rampant speculation to come!
No give it better painting for the auto mode is my point. And I am starting to agree with you more about the switching between the two modes,

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Trust me, I see where you are coming from. But making it so the ink droplets cover more turf in auto mode would make it more akin to a Splattershot Jr. with a worse fire rate. I can see the merit in that, but a faster transition would cover one or two of its own weaknesses, including being stuck in a bad transition with someone rushing you down. You could argue that it has Splash Walls/Splat Bombs to handle that, but just a bit more speed would do wonders I feel!

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL

Definetely this!
I tried to compare both the weapons to the types i thought they were immitating and the results was a little surprising.
The Squeezer compared with it's auto firing to Splattershot, it's fire rate is slightly slower but a little longer range.
The Squeezer compared with it's trigger fire to Splattershot Pro, same difference there, slightly longer range, and the shots are a 3-shot splat.
Except in both modes it guzzles ink faster than both weapons.
So the Squeezer is like a Splattershot/Splattershot Pro - Pro.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm a big fan of the weapon, even in a more casual sense. It's a weapon I feel has a steep learning curve, along with the requirement of tapping when you need to. Beyond that, the semi auto fire requires a steady hand and aim, which is not easy. Sometimes I'm on point with the weapon, shutting down close and mid range enemies with ease, but other times I can't hit my targets as well as I should. The buff will help with ink consumption, and auto fire paints a bit better which helps a lot. I feel Squeezer in the right hands would be devastatingly powerful if it got buffed more in respect to both auto and semi auto fire.

Between the two kits, I don't know which one I prefer. The Foil will likely be more viable in a meta sense, but I've used the splash wall and stingray on the weapon to great effect. Though I love any weapon with the Splatbomb, and bubbles are great for certain modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom