• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Hairstyles?

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
After seeing the Nintendo Direct and being introduced to Callie and Marie, it got me thinking. What if there'll be different possible inkling hairstyles?

I don't know if it's entirely likely, but I personally would love to see the inklings having different hairstyles. With the level of customisation from all the different gear, I would've thought changing hairstyles would work brilliantly. I know there's only so many hairstyles you can make with two tentacles, but i reckon a few good variations would really spruce up the individuality of each player's avatar.

What does everybody else think? Would changing inkling hairstyles be a good feature?

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
I think the hairstyles would be something they would have added earlier, so I doubt it.

would be nice to have a mullet though

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
It's sad that there likely won't be any other hairstyles, but Marie proved that there's no reason why Inklings can't have other hairstyles (unless my theory about her secretly being an Octoling is true)

Some hairstyles I'd like to see would be a tentacle ponytail of sorts, with the two twisted around one another. And honestly I'd just like to be able to have hair like Marie.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I think the hairstyles would be something they would have added earlier, so I doubt it.

would be nice to have a mullet though
I agree, it doesn't seem too hopeful that they'll include them, but it would certainly be nice in a future update maybe? We can always hope i guess :P

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe in Splatwo. Or as a DLC, but that is less likely, I think.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I could see them adding a salon in the main point. Since they like puns, they could make the species a salmon (salmon salon).

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
The worst part is it makes no sense in the game world because such emphasis is put on how much Inklings value fashion and style, makes you think they'd do a little something more than simply have their hair in one of two styles based on their gender.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
give me a skinhead inkling with a tentacle rat tail (I'm aware it makes no sense anatomically, but I want the most ridiculous inkling possible, dammit)

Reactions: Lyn

DaKid

Pro Squid
It would be nice, also nice for the boys too. Some people think he looks like a girl with a topknot. I don't, but well, you know.

Reactions: Lyn

Chikouu

Inkling
NNID
Chikouu
There is so many awesome things they could do with the hairstyles, but unless it's a feature at launch that they just haven't shown off yet I doubt it'll be added.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Squid "hair" must have exactly two long tentacles and four short ones so that the number of limbs is the same as on a real squid:

(the attention to detail in this game omg)

Even Marie's radical hairstyle follows this rule:

The fact that it's so tricky to design within these constraints makes me think we won't be getting any more hairstyles. The current ones are iconic enough.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've seen a few threads on this but yeah, I definitely want to have more hairstyles. 0:

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
There could likely be hats tht change your squid's hairstyle in future updates. Some fancy hairstyles in Animal Crossing are just hats. Seeing as some hats are already recolored automatically to match your current ink color so it wouldn't be too tricky to do; plus we've seen hats tht cover most if not all of an Inkling's hair so it is possible.

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Would Defo be cool. Sadly doubt Nintendo will add more hairstyles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom