• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Hopping On The Switch?

AntiCanvas

Inkling
As I was watching the Switch trailer for the 1,892,643 time I realized something. In this "new" Splatoon game,will you be able to Super-jump? I read from some articles that the Switch doesn't have a touch screen,but I don't know how true that is since some have said that it does have a touch screen and others saying that Nintendo hasn't released anything about touch screen capability on it. Also,since there's only one screen,will you have to go into a menu to Super-jump? I dunno,let me know if you guys know anything about it.

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, was a bit confused about what you were referring to aas squd hopping xD
Most call it super-jumping, because... they like Superman? ._. poor souls, Batman is where it's at

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone knows how Nintendo is handling the lack of dual screens in Spla2oon yet. =[

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The official name is Super-Jumping, this confused me quite a bit. However, we know nothing. We don't know how they're going to manage the map (which the game basically requires to function correctly), super-jumping, using inkstrikes or really anything. We'll just have to wait and see.

AntiCanvas

Inkling
Oh,sorry about that. I tried looking up the official term for it but couldn't find anything,so I made something up on the spot. It is interesting though to think about how Nintendo will go about adding the touchscreen stuff back into Splatoon for the Switch.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
There's also the dilemma of how Nintendo will handle Inkstrikes in the sequel. Super jumping and Inkstrikes are both completely on the gamepad so it will definitely be interesting to see how they'll operate on a system without dual screens. I would think though that Nintendo would make use of the controller though. c: Perhaps having a button on the controller that will trigger a mini map on screen where we can use Inkstrikes and super jumping without issue. c: It'll take some time getting used to - whatever they decide to do - but we'll be able to adapt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom