1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Squid Parties: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by jackabee, Oct 4, 2015.

1. jackabee

jackabee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Jackabee24
    On Friday night, I personally got to experience my first squid party with a fellow player during an online Turf War match, and earlier today I think I had a short one with a Japanese player on my team in a couple of my matches - also online Turf Wars. While we always go back to splatting, I find the experience rare enough to be an enjoyable surprise. It makes me laugh, it makes me smile. Now, if it were in a ranked match...I don't think I'd be as thrilled. But in Turf War? It's kind of sweet!

All that being said...what do you guys on Squidboards think about squid parties?

2. aqua46

aqua46 Inkling Commander

turf war's fine. had everyone squid rocketing and dancing. ranked, you're playing with someone's ego, happiness, stress, agitation... basically, ranked squid parties are a respectful no.

AC_Decoy likes this.
  3. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    Yay! They are lots of fun, especially when everyone on both teams get really into it. It's even better when there is at least one person on my team who is devoted to ink enough turf for my team to win.

I'm referring to turf wars of course. If my rank suffered because I had a team who wanted to have a squid party, then I would be pretty angry.

Edit: I should point out I've never tried to initiate a squid party. I only join if there are at least a few other people in the group doing so.

#3 Hero of Lime, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  4. Platinum Inkling

Platinum Inkling Senior Squid

I'd have to say nay. Even in Turf Wars. Some people enjoy them and that's fine, but it's just not my thing. I'd rather play the game the normal way. I rarely play Turf Wars, and when I actually want to play them I want to enjoy them. I haven't actually run into a squid party yet, so maybe I'll change my mind then, but I don't know. They better stay out of ranked though, that wouldn't be fun at all.

Noire likes this.
  5. Dreamy Luigi

Dreamy Luigi Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    DreamyZack
    Yay, but not often. 99% of the time I want to actually play the game. Squid parties are good for a nice laugh but I only want to ever run into one once a week.

6. ChibiDubtalia

ChibiDubtalia Pro Squid

Yay in Turf Wars! Even when I'm in a losing streak, a Squid Party kind of helps cheer me up.

Hero of Lime likes this.
  7. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    Its perfectly fine in Turf Wars since you have nothing to lose.

8. Misery

Misery Pro Squid

NNID:
    Xijara
    Feh, I dont like them. I'm not at all a patient individual, I'm pretty sure I've achieved anti-patience, and something like that would basically mean only one thing to me: A longer wait for an actual match. It would not end well.

I remember things like this in TF2, and I didnt understand them there either.

They get a resounding BAH out of 10 from me.

Noire and Platinum Inkling like this.
  9. SquiliamTentacles

SquiliamTentacles Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Mr_Squigggles
    I honestly never seen one before, but they sound like a fun break from turf wars. I would definitely join if I saw one.

10. jackabee

jackabee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Jackabee24
    A lot of the responses on here are definitely against squid parties in ranked - which I completely understand. That's no place for fooling around.

SquiliamTentacles likes this.
  11. PrinceOfKoopas

PrinceOfKoopas Inkling Commander

NNID:
    PrinceOfKoopas
    Squid Parties are great in Turf Wars.

Have never seen them in Ranked and I dunno why anyone would sabotage Ranked that way.

12. Haeeun

Haeeun Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Haeeun
    I like them. Had a Japanese player with a paintbrush draw a heart once, and everyone squid partied in the middle. I find they're a fun way to de-stress after a losing streak in ranked.

13. Dream21

Dream21 Full Squid

Yay! All for it! Since I'm someone who has a friend list full of people because they squid party I am always up for one! It's a lot of fun when you have an entire room of people who only want to squid around with you. But yeah, if it's ranked mode no one messes around. I would never dream of trying to start a squid party there. Specially when I'm trying to reach S+

14. Toaster

Toaster Senior Squid

I love messing around in squid parties. I usually squid party in private matches and as a result my friends list is almost full. Whenever I see someone try to start a squid party in turf war I'll happily join them. I never join or start up squid parties in ranked. Due to obvious reasons of course...

15. Relados

Relados Senior Squid

A full group squid partying is fine, because everyone is involved in it. But if you and one other person on your team are squid partying when the rest of your allies are trying to battle, you are the absolute worst. Please don't let squid partying ruin matches for other people trying to play normally.

Misery, Poxnixles and Hero of Lime like this.
  16. Noire

Noire Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Kyseria
    With friends, definitely. With randoms, no. I want to play the game, these squids just sabotaged me from a potential victory.

17. pants

pants Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5297-1638-3498
    -clearing my acc lol-

#17 pants, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  18. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    mashing the L-trigger for 3 minutes sure is fun

19. ThatSquidYouKnow

ThatSquidYouKnow Inkling Commander

NNID:
    link12014
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0194-3194-0146
    Yay! Only if it's in turf wars though.

20. Inky Corruption

Inky Corruption Full Squid

NNID:
    ShaneTC
    Yay, in moderation.

As has already been mentioned, they are a nice distraction from the otherwise turbulent matches I find myself in and they do get a smile and a few laughs out of me when I run into one. The best ones are definitely when I'm playing by myself in a lobby with strangers and find my team and opponents letting loose in the middle of the battlefield. Starting ones with friends is okay, but nothing beats the surprise factor.

Of course, it's fine in moderation, but if I'm going three or more matches with squid parties I've sort of run out of steam for it. I have enough patience for two matches on occasion, but several matches in the same week gets tedious.

I felt this went without saying, but I'll edit this in anyway to clarify that Ranked matches are a no-go.