• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squid Parties: Yay or Nay?

jackabee

Inkling
NNID
Jackabee24
On Friday night, I personally got to experience my first squid party with a fellow player during an online Turf War match, and earlier today I think I had a short one with a Japanese player on my team in a couple of my matches - also online Turf Wars. While we always go back to splatting, I find the experience rare enough to be an enjoyable surprise. It makes me laugh, it makes me smile. Now, if it were in a ranked match...I don't think I'd be as thrilled. But in Turf War? It's kind of sweet!

All that being said...what do you guys on Squidboards think about squid parties?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
turf war's fine. had everyone squid rocketing and dancing. ranked, you're playing with someone's ego, happiness, stress, agitation... basically, ranked squid parties are a respectful no.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Yay! They are lots of fun, especially when everyone on both teams get really into it. It's even better when there is at least one person on my team who is devoted to ink enough turf for my team to win.

I'm referring to turf wars of course. If my rank suffered because I had a team who wanted to have a squid party, then I would be pretty angry.

Edit: I should point out I've never tried to initiate a squid party. I only join if there are at least a few other people in the group doing so.

Last edited:

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I'd have to say nay. Even in Turf Wars. Some people enjoy them and that's fine, but it's just not my thing. I'd rather play the game the normal way. I rarely play Turf Wars, and when I actually want to play them I want to enjoy them. I haven't actually run into a squid party yet, so maybe I'll change my mind then, but I don't know. They better stay out of ranked though, that wouldn't be fun at all.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Yay, but not often. 99% of the time I want to actually play the game. Squid parties are good for a nice laugh but I only want to ever run into one once a week.

D

Deleted Member

Its perfectly fine in Turf Wars since you have nothing to lose.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Feh, I dont like them. I'm not at all a patient individual, I'm pretty sure I've achieved anti-patience, and something like that would basically mean only one thing to me: A longer wait for an actual match. It would not end well.

I remember things like this in TF2, and I didnt understand them there either.

They get a resounding BAH out of 10 from me.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I honestly never seen one before, but they sound like a fun break from turf wars. I would definitely join if I saw one.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Squid Parties are great in Turf Wars.

Have never seen them in Ranked and I dunno why anyone would sabotage Ranked that way.

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
I like them. Had a Japanese player with a paintbrush draw a heart once, and everyone squid partied in the middle. I find they're a fun way to de-stress after a losing streak in ranked.

Dream21

Full Squid
Yay! All for it! Since I'm someone who has a friend list full of people because they squid party I am always up for one! It's a lot of fun when you have an entire room of people who only want to squid around with you. But yeah, if it's ranked mode no one messes around. I would never dream of trying to start a squid party there. Specially when I'm trying to reach S+

Toaster

Senior Squid
I love messing around in squid parties. I usually squid party in private matches and as a result my friends list is almost full. Whenever I see someone try to start a squid party in turf war I'll happily join them. I never join or start up squid parties in ranked. Due to obvious reasons of course...

Relados

Senior Squid
A full group squid partying is fine, because everyone is involved in it. But if you and one other person on your team are squid partying when the rest of your allies are trying to battle, you are the absolute worst. Please don't let squid partying ruin matches for other people trying to play normally.

pants

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5297-1638-3498
-clearing my acc lol-

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yay! Only if it's in turf wars though.

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
Yay, in moderation.

As has already been mentioned, they are a nice distraction from the otherwise turbulent matches I find myself in and they do get a smile and a few laughs out of me when I run into one. The best ones are definitely when I'm playing by myself in a lobby with strangers and find my team and opponents letting loose in the middle of the battlefield. Starting ones with friends is okay, but nothing beats the surprise factor.

Of course, it's fine in moderation, but if I'm going three or more matches with squid parties I've sort of run out of steam for it. I have enough patience for two matches on occasion, but several matches in the same week gets tedious.

I felt this went without saying, but I'll edit this in anyway to clarify that Ranked matches are a no-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom