• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Sisters Live coming to France

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Kinda surprised no one made a thread about this yet o_O

As of now, the squid sisters have had two live perfomances in the style of the vocaloid performances. Both of which were held in Japan at special events.

As you can see from the tweet, the squid sisters will be performing live in Paris, France at the Japan Expo on july 8th.

I'm personally not all that interested in the concert. I do like the music, but not as much that i'd go see it live or listen to it on a daily basis, but i do love the exposure splatoon is getting.

So how about you? If you live in the general area, will you go see it? For those that don't live close by, will you fly to France to see them? Generally curious of your thoughts.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It's awesome! I live in the USA, so I'm definitely not close XD And I don't see myself flying there, so I guess I have to watch it live or watch it the day after.
If the Squid Sisters come to the US in time for my birthday(and close), you better believe I'm going! At least, I hope so...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
That's a lot closer to me! Still a body of salt water between myself and the concert, but this one's at least been swum across.

Sense is made by this particular location, as, if I'm not getting some facts muddled, Splatoon is the best-selling Wii U game in that country.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I would like to go to one of these concerts simple because... I'm a scifi nerd. Singing dancing holograms, man! Where's the nearest time machine so I can send a 4K video, from my mobile phone, to my past kid self?

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
I completely missed that thread, oops… I’m actually really close to Paris, only an hour and a half away by car, and I’d love to attend the concert. Thing is, I have nobody to go with and I’d be terrified if I had to drive there all on my own. I really need to hurry up and plan something before it’s too late.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I completely missed that thread, oops… I’m actually really close to Paris, only an hour and a half away by car, and I’d love to attend the concert. Thing is, I have nobody to go with and I’d be terrified if I had to drive there all on my own. I really need to hurry up and plan something before it’s too late.
You should put out a post on here or something
Or ask one of your friends to go with you

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
You should put out a post on here or something
Or ask one of your friends to go with you
Unfortunately, nobody I know IRL is interested in going. And I highly doubt there’s another French person on this board who lives close enough to here that they could go with me without making a massive detour :(

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Unfortunately, nobody I know IRL is interested in going. And I highly doubt there’s another French person on this board who lives close enough to here that they could go with me without making a massive detour :(
:( You can always ask, though :)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Just ignore my jealousy for a moment—but yes, if you're comfortable with doing it then ask. Or go ahead and go it alone.

Sometimes the only way to accomplish an adventure is to just do it on your own!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
:( You can always ask, though :)
Well, if any other French peeps are reading this, hello? :p

Just ignore my jealousy for a moment—but yes, if you're comfortable with doing it then ask. Or go ahead and go it alone.

Sometimes the only way to accomplish an adventure is to just do it on your own!
True! Big cons are always kinda intimidating regardless. I actually went to Japan Expo twice, when I was much younger, and somehow I’m even more afraid than back then. Still, I really want to go. I’ll let you all know how the concert was if I do!

(Ngl, I’m shamelessly enjoying this rare moment of France getting some attention from Nintendo, because it usually never happens!)

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'd pay +120€ for the ticket and flight alone. Probably a lot cheaper if I drove there. That for something I honestly don't want to see. I'm crazy about Splatoon but definitely not that crazy about it. But I'm still happy about the amount of attention Splatoon is getting through this.

I'd swing by if such a concert took place on something like Japan Day here in Düsseldorf though. I go there almost every year anyway.

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
They forgot the moles? But, très mignon!

Wasn't there at least one person from this board planning to go to the concert?

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
They forgot the moles? But, très mignon!

Wasn't there at least one person from this board planning to go to the concert?
Yep, me! Gonna spend most of today getting things ready for tomorrow because I might as well check out other things while I’m at the convention center. I’ll post here to tell you all how it was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom