• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squid Squad | High Skill Competitive Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Squid Squad
competitive, international Splatoon teams.

What is Squid Squad?

Squid Squad is a high skill competitive Splatoon squad consisting of multiple international and regional Splatoon teams. Well organised, structured and prepared to compete at the top level whenever the opportunity arises.

Current Team Roster
What Can Squid Squad Offer Me?
Squid Squad has a multi-tiered management system that allows players to practice and compete in tournaments with minimal need for additional admin. All tournament registration, scheduling and funding is provided by managers and team captains, all you need to do is play!

Dedicated communication facilities such as Teamspeak and an active and enjoyable Skype chat to keep you updated and informed about any goings on within the Squad.

Multiple regional teams so you're matched with the right players in the right place to provide a lag-free experience and no communication difficulties. Organised by managers and team leaders but totally negotiable if any issues arise.

We also have a fully functional website at http://squidsquadteam.ink which you'll have full access to including the option to post articles if you ever feel like writing one.

Frequent and high priority scrims whenever you need them.

Twitch coverage and match recording to allow for match reviews and improvements.

Entry fee coverage for active and well performing members if/when fees arise.
Current Achievements

Salty Splatoon 1st Place
Booyah Battle 1st Place
Make It Rain 1st Place
Currently In Grand Finals for Ink or Sink

Previous Matches/Future Match Coverage

DUDEs YouTube/Twitch
Current Ink or Sink Matches Playlist

Wobbles' Twitch

DJ's Twitch

Applicant Requirements
Squid Squad is a highly competitive squad and aims to dominate the competitive scene, as such we have a couple of minimum requirements.

• A minimum rank of A- 99 or previous competitive experience.
  • Ability to use Teamspeak 3 during matches and practice.
  • Mature attitude and ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
  • Reliable connection in game.
  • Ability to attend semi-regular team practice and scrims.
  • Ability to adapt and learn in respect to callouts, team strategy and any IGL calls.
  • Solid understanding of game mechanics and at least one weapon type.

Some Clarification
Squid Squad has no strict practice regime or schedule. However all players are expected to remain active and practice by themselves or request team practice on a regular basis. All inactive players will be warned and then removed if no changes are made.

Please remember real life always comes first and we'll never boot you for having real life issues to attend to.

Squid Squad has an absolute, 100% zero tolerance policy towards any form of bigotry. Sexism, racism etc. etc. Any members found violating this rule will be removed immediately without prior notice.

Apply Here

Please use the form here to submit an application

Please also notify us down below that you've submitted an app.

LOOKING FOR VERY HIGH SKILL EUROPEAN PLAYERS TO SUB FOR OUR EU TEAM

Find Us

Twitter
Squidboards

Points Of Contact
Kat- Resident secretary/manager

eMail: funkyflump@gmail.com
Squidboards: @Kat

Hawk- Manager
Squidboards: @ChaosHawk

Ice- Manager
Squidboards: @Icedise

Please ask any questions down below or message me
We're always on the lookout for new members so even if we don't contact you right away we'll store your app for when it's needed.

Last edited:

Nair

Full Squid
NNID
Goldenwolfy
I have applied. I'm leaving this here as requested.

Name: Wolf
Weapons: Any

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I have applied. I'm leaving this here as requested.

Name: Wolf
Weapons: Any
Thank you, it's gone through and your App has been stored. We'll check over it shortly.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Quite the roster you guys got. Looking forward to meeting your teams in tournament. :cool:

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I believe we ran into SS-S yesterday in ranked tower control (Kelp Dome) and had a very fun game. Just wanted to say good games to you all, and we'd be up for scrimming in future if you guys are also.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I believe we ran into SS-S yesterday in ranked tower control (Kelp Dome) and had a very fun game. Just wanted to say good games to you all, and we'd be up for scrimming in future if you guys are also.
I'll look into getting a scrim thread set up too. We'll probably be doing a lot of SCL matches in the future.

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
I just applied. I have been watching Thatsrb2DUDE for a while and you guys are the best of the best. It would be ink-readible to be a part of your team.
Juggleclimber
A+ 42
duel squeltcher main
competent with all weapons

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Thanks for applying. We'll review your app soon. We're in the process of figuring out our next step after the tournament so a reply may take a little longer than usual.

Jimray3

Inkling
I also Just applied

My rank is A 60
and I play Tentatek & Aerospray

I hope to hear from you soon!

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
Still waiting and hopping to here back from you guys. I'm still ranking up playing with randoms. Just got up to S, pretty excited about that.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Still waiting and hopping to here back from you guys. I'm still ranking up playing with randoms. Just got up to S, pretty excited about that.
Don't worry, we have everything saved but we just have a lot of rescheduling to do. We're working on updating our team roster currently so we'll fill the spots when we get to them.

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Submitted an app, the option to choose classes only allowed one so I put Rollers but I can do Blaster (Shooters?) as well. Rank and Mains in signature.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
I applied!

My rank is A+.
I play shooters but I'm picking up the Slosher.

I hope to hear back from you guys :]

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Submitted an app, the option to choose classes only allowed one so I put Rollers but I can do Blaster (Shooters?) as well. Rank and Mains in signature.
Oh sorry about that, must be an error with the app, I'll add it manually and fix the app. Thanks for letting me know. We'll get back to you soon on the application.

I applied!
My rank is A+.
I play shooters but I'm picking up the Slosher.
I hope to hear back from you guys :]
Thanks! We'll get back to you in around a week or so. Going through some reorganising!

Boo

Inkling
NNID
BooTheBun
I have applied. Paradise asked me a long time ago if I wanted to join, I regret saying no. Favorite weapons would be Luna Blaster, Forge Pro, and Krak-on Roller. I stream Splatoon over at twitch.tv/boothebun. LilSoundDJ and DUDE also have said I do well.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I have applied. Paradise asked me a long time ago if I wanted to join, I regret saying no. Favorite weapons would be Luna Blaster, Forge Pro, and Krak-on Roller. I stream Splatoon over at twitch.tv/boothebun. LilSoundDJ and DUDE also have said I do well.
Yeah they mentioned today. Thanks for applying. As previously mentioned we're sorting some stuff out but I'm trying to push that forward a little so we can bring new people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom