• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SquidBoards Chat 02: A Fishy Solo Career

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
DEOVEFAUIAAXFjm.jpeg

I'd estimate 90%~99% of my Salmon Run career has been with at least one other person!

And now given the circumstances, I'm enduring a new type of solo queue experience... yay~?

Really, I don't know how others play this mode on their own! Let alone solo grind it for hours on end. One of my usual SR partners would do such to the point they regularly hit "Max Hazard Level" every season--and you can imagine the disasters that followed whenever I joined them. x_x

Solo shifts on my item with three random coworkers? I'm learning the hard way that this mode definitely requires its own set of skills separate from ranked and even turf. Yep, taken me this long to figure that out...

How's everyone else solo experience been, then or now?

Cephalobro

Salmon Run has been a mixed-mode for me, there are times when I get such great teammates who know how to use their weapons very effectively (such as using rollers to run over Chums and specifically the Dynamo to run over Cohocks) and focus on taking down the Stinger and Flyfish while other times, I feel like I play with noobs who got carried to the higher ranks. Like seriously, I should not be seeing constant swings with the Dynamo roller in Profresh-400.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It's at the point where if I feel one of the weapons available is difficult to use I skip the shift. No use babysitting teammates who can't use something properly most of the time. The exception to this is weapons that have special effects like the Explosher or Grizzco Slosher. Seems like most of the time if you use their special effects on every possible occasion teammates will catch on and start using them properly.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Egh, solo Salmon Run. The issue there is that bad teammates are even more of a liability than they are in the competitive modes. A bad teammate in, say, Tower Control can be compensated for because human opponents relent and make mistakes and lose focus. Not so in Salmon Run, where the CPU-controlled salmonids are relentless, efficient killing machines that perfectly zero in on your location at all times. A bad teammate in that mode can be worse than a disconnect, depending on the situation. Unless I'm playing with a full group of 4, Salmon Run is just a headache to me.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly if anyone ever need a Salmon run partner feel free to @ me
I usually play this mode on my own, as a solo player just focus bosses especially crowd control and then signal eggs which other partners will grab like their lives depend on it
and then just lob bombs at allies who you think are going to die, most time they do and respawn soonafter the explosion, but most times it'll be you and 1 competent player trying to keep the others from dying

On the bright side, I also got to meet OctoBoy in random early on in Splat2 life which was pretty cool

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's at the point where if I feel one of the weapons available is difficult to use I skip the shift.
I'd say ELiters are a big dice roll in that department!

Doesn't matter what the rest of the loadout is, I measure my odds on the likelihood two of my crew know how to use it in the slightest. Same goes for other charges but the Eliter above all else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom