• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Tournament Spotlight: (1/9 - 1/10)

Welcome to this Squidboards Tournament Spotlight! We know all those squids and kids out there love splatting opponents on the battlefield and there are very few ways as fresh to do so as in a Splatoon tournament. This weekend two tournaments are taking place and some amazing teams are set to compete. Read on and get all the details!

King of the Valley

King of the Valley is taking place on January 9th this weekend and currently has 32 teams signed up! The competition is going to be fierce with only two teams escaping from 8 pools to reach the final bracket. With so many powerful teams and so few coveted spots in the top 3 who are the likely candidates to make it? Here are our picks!
  • Name Subject To Change (NSTC)
- Inkstorm 3 (2nd), S&F Low Power (2nd), SCL 7: Finals Week Fight (3rd) SCL Holiday Special (1st)
  • Paradise
- Inkstorm 3 (3rd), Inkstorm 1 (2nd)

Other teams with recent decent results to note entering include Cyberbullies (SCL Holiday Special 4th) and Koopa Clan 1 (SCL 7: Finals Week Fight 4th). There are other well known teams like Tentacle Difficulties and Crème Fresh as well. To learn more about the event be sure to check out its Squidboards thread for the full list of teams, brackets, and more.

SCL 9: Holiday's End Hullabaloo

The Splatoon Community League is hosting their 9th event this Sunday on January 10th and has many of the same great teams competing there as King of the Valley. Paradise, Name Subject To Change, Cyberbullies, Koopa Clan 1, and Crème Fresh are competing alongside other impressive names like Team Infinity Splatoon (SCL Holiday Special 5th), and Exultance Gaming (SCL 7: Finals Week Fight 5th). To find more information on the event and see the full list of entrants check out its Squidboards thread.

---​

Hopefully this catches up all those Squids and Kids behind on the tournament scene for the coming weekend! With so many challengers memories are sure to be made and the matches will be intense. Have a favorite team to win? Sound off in the comments and don't forget to stay fresh~

Last edited:

Comments

Thanks for the article, Capps!

One thing to note here is that Paradise has had many grand appearances in the form of BSGG and Squid Squad Spades over the past while. Still thinking NSTC has got it though......

KotV will be casted on Pixelatedcody's twitch channel. SCL9....might (?) be casted, and I'll be sure to post here when I actually know.

Just a few helpful things people should know :)

Thanks for the article, Capps!

One thing to note here is that Paradise has had many grand appearances in the form of BSGG and Squid Squad Spades over the past while. Still thinking NSTC has got it though......

KotV will be casted on Pixelatedcody's twitch channel. SCL9....might (?) be casted, and I'll be sure to post here when I actually know.

Just a few helpful things people should know :)
I *Think* SCL 9 is going to be casted.

As always though that's up to @Flying_Tortoise in the end. Neither I nor Shucks have control over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom