• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidkids Presents: Tips On Movement

Hello squids and kids, here is a video from a new Youtube channel called: Squidkids! That last sentence was a doozy so try to keep up. Squidkids is a new Youtube channel designed to give all those up and coming Splatoon players tips, tricks, and advanced techniques to step up their game to a whole new level. This new video gives some great tips on movement, give it a watch!

Want to see more videos? Be sure to check out Squidkids on Youtube and subscribe for more fresh content. Now get on some fresh gear, grab a weapon of choice, and get out there and try this out in a game!

Comments

Wow there were some moving strategies I didn't know about! This video was very helpful to me can I think these strategies can get you out of deadly situations (Splatoon-wise of course) I think I'll try some of theses out. Looking at her examples, this can really turn the tables in both ranked and in regular battle!

Jumping doesn't really increase range. It just makes it so that the ink has farther to fall, so it goes a few inches further. Jumping also increases your spread, so it's harder to hit enemies. Also, you're left much more vulnerable, as you can't squid mode to move at any time. Once people get used to aiming at enemies who are jumping, it will no longer have much of a use in combat.

TL;DR: stay grounded, usually.

That said, I really like these videos. They have a lot of professionalism, which is nice to see in such a fledgling community

Yeah. Good guide. I mean, absolutely nothing new to me, but I'm not a normal player.
Jumping doesn't really increase range. It just makes it so that the ink has farther to fall, so it goes a few inches further. Jumping also increases your spread, so it's harder to hit enemies. Also, you're left much more vulnerable, as you can't squid mode to move at any time. Once people get used to aiming at enemies who are jumping, it will no longer have much of a use in combat.

TL;DR: stay grounded, usually.

That said, I really like these videos. They have a lot of professionalism, which is nice to see in such a fledgling community
It does increase the horizontal distance your ink travels, as well as your bombs. One weapon that enjoys jumping in particular is the dynamo roller. The only thing about jumping I do not like is I cannot move the control stick and jump at the same time, so I must quickly alternate between them.
I can't wait to try these with my Ink brus-- Oh wait..
You can do a form of Splatterhop and Splatterdash with the inkbrush. The use of it instead of just running with the weapon is it has a wider area that gets inked, preventing people from following behind you.

Splatdashing and Splathopping is basically useless and shouldn't be used in high level play but hey free kills are free kills.
Not that I have anything against this; or even do them, but I'm curious on why you think so.

There needs to be a video with super sneaky spots and wall stuff. That's what should really be looked at by people imo imo movement wise. I have hardly ever seen people do this for instance in random rooms

I've escaped quite a few occasions from splatterdashing away. It's much safer than confronting them enemy in their colour of ink from my experience.
What rank are we talking about because running away while shooting will get you killed almost always in A+.

What rank are we talking about because running away while shooting will get you killed almost always in A+.
I've made it to A+99. I certainly don't live all the time when I try to escape but still I find it better than going on a suicide mission and trying to take down enemies in their ink. I'm not saying it is the best option but it has worked for me a lot.

Well, I mean, I use an Ink Brush, so whether it is useful or not when executing it with a gun, I think it will be even more trouble some with the Brush. (Or not even worth doing with it?)

But, I could be wrong. I have yet to try it.

The video just filled the gaps I'm having on my mobile game. The techniques look more challenging to do with the Ninja Squid nerf though.

Jumping while shooting is not always a good idea. Being in the air prevents you from quickly swimming horizontally, making you much more vulnerable to certain weapons and specials.

Jumping while shooting is not always a good idea. Being in the air prevents you from quickly swimming horizontally, making you much more vulnerable to certain weapons and specials.
People who jump in order to make themselves a more difficult target is never much of an issue for us close combat Ink Brush users <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom