• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidparty Mode

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
They should have a party mode for squidders, who like to party! They should let us talk during the parties too!

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
Yeah I thought about this too. Perhaps with extra stuff to do / fool around with, perhaps shoot paint at interesting stuff (like trees or things not normally in arenas) in the colours you like. Could be like a ball pit. Or maybe a training area that multiple people can join?

But maybe not immediately on release. Because of the Switch hype, there will be a lot of people will be newbies, completely unable to understand what such an area is supposed to do. They've never experienced that magical moment in the middle of a match, where you look an enemy squid in the eye, and you spontaneously start partying...

....like the other day I was in a casual serious turfwar match with a Splash 'O or an N-Zap, and getting 10+ kills each time, smokin' hot like a volcano. Always on the other team was a long ranger named 'Sam' I think, and he or she always ended up with 15+ kills. Boy, I thought, if we should be on the SAME team, we could get A LOT of kills in together. However, after many rounds, it never seemed to happen that we would end up on the same team! Frustration settled in. At one moment I was rushing at him/her for a kill like a foolish kamikaze (as one does) in Walleye Warehouse, and suddenly I thought "waitaminute why am I not being splatted?" He just stood there gazing at me. Maybe this person wanted to be on a team together as badly as I did? So then we started jumping around each other like fools.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

It would lose some of the magic for me though...
I'd still try to initiate a squid party every blue moon in turf or during the first 20 of a ranked, just to capture the ol' spirit.

And unfortunately, for chat, it only takes one rotten egg to spoil the bunch.
Chat with randoms in a squid party would be nice, until someone comes with ill intent to just curse and yell all the dang match.

Last edited:

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I love this idea! My brother & I were just talking about this. We thought something along the lines of, "Wouldn't it be great if they'd let you do something other than fight all the time? Like discover things or party, etc." I'd so love it if we could do this! If not, at least lets form an "unofficial" squid party-ers group" similar to squads, but just a group of us who like to not take the game quite so seriously all the time. :D

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would be shocked if they didn't know =0

I'd say it has enough internet posts regarding/referencing it to make it hard to miss.
And yeah, private battles are't too hard to organize for mashing ZL

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Knowing the context of real-world squid mating dances, it makes squid parties feel rather off for me :V

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Sometimes we did close a Private battle to walk around while talking on Skype. Specially when a new map/weapon appears or we wanted to find effective beakon places.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Knowing the context of real-world squid mating dances, it makes squid parties feel rather off for me :V
You're just over thinking about a game intended for kids. Just sit back and enjoy firing ink everywhere!
We have a color for everyone, after all.

With the variation in tone for each color, we have over 50 shades of ink to choose from ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
gonna be so much fun to squid party in rank on Splatoon 2 :D

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm not sure I see the appeal in having a mode designed around.. not playing the game. Why not private battles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom