• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Stages you dislike?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Are there any stages you just don't like? For me, it's Arowana Mall. It's such an enclosed and narrow stage. I wouldn't mind that so much if I could see most of it. But I can't because of the giant slopes. Enemies come from out of nowhere and you can't see them coming because they're approaching atop a giant slope in the middle. Often times, matches are decided based on who can get to the top first. There are those other paths to the side that you can use, but they're also often occupied by the enemy. It's the only stage I don't enjoy getting.

BeanYak

Full Squid
NNID
Catman789
Personally, I hate Walleye Warehouse. I'm not sure what it is: It might be the theme of boxes everywhere, but I also think that it's the layout. The map is kind of small, so all of the action focuses around the crates in the center. Around those crates, there's not much terrain that makes for interesting gameplay. In Skatepark, there's a tower that people always fight over, there are grates that also overlook the middle, there are a bunch of fun ramps, and there are sides to the map with a lot of ground that can get their own bits of action. Warehouse, though, feels like you're playing on a tiny, flat battlefield.

I do like Arrowana mall, but I guess I can see your issue with it. It's not my favorite map for splatzones because of how hard it is to take the zone, but otherwise the map is really tall and wacky, which I like.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Saltspray Rig. It's not as bad in Splat Zones, but I still dislike the stage.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Hmm, I'm gonna say that I have little love for Port Mackerel. It's all so narrow and claustrophobic, especially in Splat Zones, where there are no trucks to climb up on. Blackbelly Skatepark in Splat Zones is also something I'd rather avoid.

Arowana Mall I can tolerate, though that huge slope in the middle is indeed annoying.

Pretty much okay with the other stages.

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
I personally like all stages but i dont like Port Mackerel, this is literally a roller stage and they can come EVERYWHERE, left or right or behind or even in front. I find the stage too much risk taking, but only that through

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Port Mackrel.
Too linear with not many pathways to take. I feel like a lot of my losses recently have been on that map.

Forte

Inkster Jr.
Port Mackerel. Too many narrow spaces. Roller galore.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
Port Mackerel and Blackberry Skatepark, Port because its too narrow and straight forward not really different or interesting and Skatepark because well the same reason its a small skatepark how creative zzzzzzzzz....

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Walleye Warehouse.
I don't like the open-but-small-ness of this map, it leads to not having any real way to get out of firefights (I've tried, but I keep running into the rest of the enemy team and generally get splatted for it). Also I don't like how easy it is to spawncamp on it. It's the only stage I try to avoid.
I used to hate Blackbelly Skatepark for being too easy to get into the other team's base (and I still do, in Turf War), but Splat Zones is so much fun here (maybe because I don't have to worry about rollers/Aerospray covering my base while I'm trying to hold center). Same with Saltspray (WAY too much area to keep covered in Turf War (always lose because the other team covered wherever I wasn't), but Splat Zones alleviates this by making the top area the important part (though I do wonder why the bottom area isn't a Zone too)).

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Port Mackerel.
I don't like the small paths. There is a roller behind every corner, waiting to get you from behind while walking through the path concentrating on the roller's teammate. It is also horrible to try swimming away from a Krak-On Special when those damn ...weel-thingy-things are in your back and you notice that you're stuck.

aguyyouknow

Inkling
NNID
desucrator
I'm not a fan of Blackbelly in Turf Wars. I dunno what it is about the map, but it always feels like the match is a complete stomp in the favor of the team that controls the center area about 90% of the time. I think it's because super short range weapons like the RG and rollers are so rampant in Turf Wars, and both of those are terrible at retaking the top of the hill, while conversely the team that controls the top of the hill don't have nearly as many issues with their weapons being shorter range, because hooray for physics.

DakotaBonez

Full Squid
Urchin underpass bugs me, I just get wrecked if i try to get in the middle. I imagine this is the splat rollers favorite stage. I just wish all maps had 2 zones to control in splat zones as opposed to 1.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I'm not too big of a fan of Walleye Warehouse. I mean I like it, it's just probably my least favorite.

SuzuTitor

Inkling
NNID
SuzuTitor
I don't know why but I dislike Urchin Underpass. I used to dislike Arowana Mall but after learning all the different ways to maneuver on that stage it became a lot better for me.

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
Arowana Mall is the only one I don't necessarily enjoy. I think all the maps are balanced, but the mall is just a weird design and forces awkward battles on the middle platform. All the other maps are fine in my book.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Definitely Port Mackerel. I really don't have any big issues with it, but it's just very underwhelming compared to the other maps. The main thing I don't like about it is how little turf there is to ink.

isk

Inkling
I like all the maps, but most of my frustrating matches take place on Walleye Warehouse. It's really hard to play it safe and hold down a little turf when your team is losing. Just a few meters from your spawn you are at the mercy of snipers, rollers and shooters who come at you from every direction. I assume my average death count is the highest on this map.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I don't dislike any of the stages as such, but Arrowana Mall, Walleye Warehouse, and Port Mackeral feel quite similar to me, insofar as the spawn points are at each end of an expanding straight pathway with the main contested zones being around the point where they meet. I'd be pleased if there were more maps like Salt Spray Rig, with more complex layouts and more verticality, but hopefully that will happen.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I used to despise Port Mackerel but the honor has been given to Arowana Mall. I hate how it's designed, hate how it's played in both Turf War and Splat Zone and honestly, I think the entire game becomes one sided once the "Danger" icon appears on a team. Comebacks become near impossible on that map (I said this for Port Mackerel but I was proven wrong. It can be quite simple to make a comeback).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom