• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Star Wars Social: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila

This thread will be dedicated to discussion of the massive Star Wars universe.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Great subtitle for the thread! But this^ picture has far too much imagery from the accursed prequels for my tastes...

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
Haha, thanks.
but honestly while the prequels weren't nearly as good as the OT they had there merits. The Clone Wars helped a lot with the overall plot of them as well.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yeah, I'm probably overly prejudiced :) Excited for the new ones though, and even more so for the spin-offs.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
probably so, the problem was there was too much plot for just 3 movies in the prequels and some of it was left out making for a very mediocre timeline. That's one of the reasons The Clone Wars was so important to the story.

yea TFA already looks phenomenal!

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
I understand the hatred for the Prequels but they aren't TERRIBLE. They're just flawed. Clone Wars and Rebels are doing a great job filling in gaps though.

I agree, The Force Awakens looks FANTASTIC and the set photos from Rogue One are really promising.

I'm also super psyched for Battlefront. I've seen a lot of people saying that it looks awful, but I think it looks amazing.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Well, I'm not really an uber-ultra Star Wars fan, but I think I can contribute a little. I agree, FFA looks amazing, but I'm worried that if it is a good movie blockbuster, it will be hated. It will be a good movie, I have no doubt of that, but what if it doesn't live up to the expectations or Star Wars fans. What if it is a good movie, but not a good Star Wars movie? That is what I am worried about. Or maybe I am too paranoid about everything.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
Well, I'm not really an uber-ultra Star Wars fan, but I think I can contribute a little. I agree, FFA looks amazing, but I'm worried that if it is a good movie blockbuster, it will be hated. It will be a good movie, I have no doubt of that, but what if it doesn't live up to the expectations or Star Wars fans. What if it is a good movie, but not a good Star Wars movie? That is what I am worried about. Or maybe I am too paranoid about everything.
I think it looks like a blockbuster AND a good Star Wars movie. They're using actual props and sets for ships instead of an overabundance of CGI like the prequels. I'll be the perfect mix between practical effects and CGI imo.

And even if it is a great Star Wars movie, there's ALWAYS gonna be haters who think it sucked.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
And even if it is a great Star Wars movie, there's ALWAYS gonna be haters who think it sucked.
THIS

There are always haters unfortunately. I am hopefully optimistic about the whole thing.

from what have seen and what I have heard actors like Peter Mayhew say its going to be awesome!

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
People always say that all f the prequels are completely rubbish, but I think Episode III wasn't too terrible. It's a bit of a silly decision for the biggest plot point to happen with ten minutes to go.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I've seen the original 3 films, all pretty good.
I always say I want to watch the prequels, but I've never gotten around to seeing any of them. I sort of know the basic plots due to playing LEGO Star Wars, but that obviously isn't as good as actually watching them. While I know they are generally disliked compared to the originals, I do know people that did like them (and I know someone whose favorite movie of all time is Episode 3). So I feel like I need to watch them for myself before I eventually come to a conclusion.

As for The Force Awakens, I'm obviously excited for that one. I know that it'll do well because it's Star Wars and Disney is doing amazing with their marketing for the film (nostalgia is overpowered), but I also hope that it's actually a good film. Here's hoping.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I've seen all movies except 3 and 7. I'll go episode 7 in a week ort two. so hyped!

Ninwaifu

Inkling
NNID
Ninwaifu
Am a rather big Star Wars fan myself. I watched the movies a lot when I was younge, and been really enjoying the new EU stuff. I recently saw episode 7 and loved it. If you go in expeting somthing like New Hope than you will be really happy with it. I also got the original Trilogy DVD box set from 2004 for Xmas.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Lol, going by this thread, I'll refrain from speaking about "I, II, & III", I could talk about that all day, but don't want to turn this into some kind of opinionated debate thread. I just really don't like those three, considering I grew up with "IV, V, & VI". With that said, VII was absolutely amazing, especially to us long time fans. I won't go into any plot details, but they did extraordinarily well with this one. There were a few things that made me roll my eyes and think "c'mon now" but other than that it was absolutely amazing.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta get ready to watch it for the 3rd time.

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
IV, V, and VI were just slightly before my time (Return of the Jedi came out in 83, I was born in 84), so I grew up with the Special Edition and Greedo shooting first. I also think that Episode I and III were decent (II was only good in about the second hour or so). Also, I have a ticket to see VII Saturday afternoon.

Edit:
While it was an enjoyable movie, there are some things that rubbed me the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, it was still pretty enjoyable, but there are some things about it.

First and foremost, it does recycle some things from A New Hope, as many said. Young person from a desert planet finds that they are force attuned? Check. Acquires lightsaber belonging to their father? Check (maybe, I don't think it was ever truly revealed that Rey is his daughter). Someone on the wrong path finds a new life with the rebellion? Check. Massive weapon has one minor flaw? Check. Fly down a narrow passageway towards an objective? Check. Blows it up at the last second? Check.

Also, the Millennium Falcon is conveniently on the same desert planet that our heroes are on, after changing hands a couple of times.

Also, they should have had a short scene with Lady Stormtrooper in the trash compactor.

Why does C3PO have a red arm? It seems like just a cheap way to have kids and collectors justify buying another 3PO figure.

Untrained Rey is able to resist trained Dark apprentice Kylo Ren, both when Kylo tried to mind meld her and in a lightsaber duel? I don't care how strong you are in the force, an untrained force attuned person should not be able to do that.

Kylo Ren doesn't choke people who fails him, he just destroys machinery. If it was a PG rated movie, I would have chalked it up as a necessary evil to keep the rating, but this is PG-13. You can choke a few redshirts here and there.

And yes, there was Han's death. But I can understand, Harrison Ford is getting old, and he was working on two Star Wars movies back to back. So he may have not wanted to do 8 and 9. And on a side note, Chewie's life debt is now paid, he can do whatever he wants now.

And lastly, we don't get to see whether Fin lived or died? Even if there will be an Episode 8, you don't leave us hanging like that.

Last edited:

AC_Decoy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
actionjackson105
What is everyone's favorite Star Wars episode and why?

My favorite episode is Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. I think the whole story around Darth Vader's redemption and becoming a Jedi again, the lightsaber battle between Luke and Darth Vader, Han Solo going on that dangerous mission, the whole rescue scene with Jabba the Hut and Han Solo and gang.. just ugh.. so many good scenes and plot points and colors and framing and cinematography. Yes yes yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom