• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Starfish Mainstage Sniping

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Starfish Mainstage is a fairly small and busy map which makes using the charger all the more difficult. My main charger is the firefin splattescope and I find it very hard to take back control once lost as it becomes increasingly difficult to get to the center and control the map. The main snipes are quite small and either low or have too much blockage and can be easily overwhelmed and flanked. I've tried all the chargers (minus goo tuber...) on this map including the squiffer and I haven't found any major improvements.

Does anyone have any routes or strategies to take control first or how to help take it back as a charger? I usually switch to the splattershot pro on this map but I enjoy sniping. While I'm not any sort of high S+ rank sniper I'm fairly good at it including close call situations. I find this my worst map and Splatnet confirmed this by win percentage. Do I just need to practice my aim and using my subs + specials better or is there more I can do? Sometimes I just go into turf war to avoid this map.

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
I find it very hard to take back control once lost as it becomes increasingly difficult to get to the center and control the map. The main snipes are quite small and either low or have too much blockage and can be easily overwhelmed and flanked.
This is the charger situation for almost EVERY map in Splatoon 2... Once you get killed once you waste so much time trying to regain control of your snipe(s). All I can tell you regarding that is better awareness, don't die (if it comes down to it, superjump to base by quickly pressing X, down, A).

Should you lose your control, Help your team regain ground by painting patiently with your charge from a safe place/high ground (such as the high area to the right of base). Don't rush (unless you REALLY need to stop an overtime or takeover or something), patiently flush out the enemies by clearing up your mosh pit in front of the stage. Once you and your team have done so, you can use your suction bomb rush to ferociously take over mid (or mosh if it's still troublesome). Don't forget you can hold the R button to make the throws longer. Make that special count.

The two sneaky catwalks on either side of the stage can really be nasty for chargers to keep track of, so if you plan to snipe near either of them, I recommend you only fire one or two shots before repositioning, because it's laughably easy to kill a charger by using those sneaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom