• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Stay awhile and listen

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Hello all!

I'm not usually into shooters because I'm often no good at them; but Splatoon really intrigued me with its unique design. I had to pick it up when it first came out. Been playing it almost every day since. Still not incredibly good at the game, but at least it is less punishing than other shooters.

Some in-game background:
- Currently at level 31
- I've hit B+ rank and that is probably where I'll hit the wall. I can see myself dropping back to B or B- pretty easy.
- I know I should use gyro controls but I don't...
- I really like the aerospray and splish-o-matic for Turf Wars and I really like the Tentatek and .52 Deco for Ranked (although I play a lot with the Krakon as well across formats)
- Favorite mode is Rainmaker. I didn't play ranked until it came out.

So yeah...good to be here. I hope to learn a lot.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Welcome to SquidBoards mate! I never really got into shooters either before playing Splatoon.

No need to worry about not using the gyro controls, they're not for everyone.
As for Ranked, you'll get up to A- and up sooner or later if you keep at it. You made it to B+, so you're almost done with the hard part (the skill gap generally doesn't feel as variable in A- and up as it is in the Bs, at least it wasn't when I was in B/B+). You might hit a wall for a bit though.

Enjoy your stay at SquidBoards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom