• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Steam Social Thread

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I looked around and didn't see a thread in this manner, so why not? Hail Gaben except not really!

Here's a thread to talk about what steam games you're playing, share profile names for friend requests, and generally discuss about whatever you're up to on Valve's monolithic service!

So yeah, go forth! As for me, I've been playing Earth Defense Force 4.1 still, I'm a bit of a fan if that other thread I made about it wasn't enough of a tip! :P

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
Lately I haven't been using Steam for much beyond communicating with my friends and launching CrossCode. (It's a really good game that's in development and I highly recommend it.) Those deals sometimes though… Got to love them, eh?

I really miss being able to use /me in Steam's chat. Am I the only one here with that opinion?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh hey, CrossCode! Yeah, I've heard good things about that one. I'll have to check it out when it's done.

I had to google /me. I see it fell prey to to the scum of the marketplace. Sad face.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Haven't re-opened my steam program since I finally installed windows 10 at the deadline. I plan to slowly play through my library once more. Maybe warm up with Little Inferno, which takes something like an hour or so to complete. And I really want to set down time for doing a full play through of Chroma Squad on all difficulty levels.

I'm also feeling itchy about the free Skyrim remastered edition. That I'll probably wait something like six months to a year before playing it again—in case my mods of choice are updated or some new ones catch my attention.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Haven't re-opened my steam program since I finally installed windows 10 at the deadline. I plan to slowly play through my library once more. Maybe warm up with Little Inferno, which takes something like an hour or so to complete. And I really want to set down time for doing a full play through of Chroma Squad on all difficulty levels.

I'm also feeling itchy about the free Skyrim remastered edition. That I'll probably wait something like six months to a year before playing it again—in case my mods of choice are updated or some new ones catch my attention.
Oh, I can absolutely recommend Chroma Squad! That was an absolute joy to play, you should go for it!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
No worries, I backed it when it first popped up on Kickstarter! I just have yet been able to finish it like I wanted to because I got bogged down life-wise for quite some time.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Welcome to Luna rambles about god awful personal trash and embarrasses herself.
(removed post because it got too personal and I was acting stubborn, I apologize.)

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I kinda don't use steam anymore. Most of the games I have on it I don't play anymore + the account actually... isn't mine? It belonged to my family member- however I just kind of used it because why not, it had some games and she 'lost interest' like she did literally 2 seconds into anything, or maybe she was abandoning it to get away from people that obviously recognized her as a bad person. I'm trying not to use her stupid stuff for that reason- Because people seem to think i'm her if I touch her stuff for any reason despite knowing her passwords since I had to put up with her for years.

So really, it's just bringing back bad memories like a bunch of things. I also don't use it enough to go through the lengths of requesting the games be moved to a new steam account. More of a hassle than worth my time. If anything I'd want to return all the games so I can get some cash for stuff I actually need like clothing and food but guess what! I can't! Joy.

The return system for steam is flat out garbage. "Oh you can only return it before this amount of time and this amount of hours on the game!" my a**. That's not like real life. You don't have to offer a full refund. Maybe even half for people that want to get rid of sh*t, I don't care. Just give them the option to return games whenever.

Sorry. I just really don't like steam too much for a mix of personal reasons and steam's bad refund policies.
I have several comments here. So you'll discount an entire storefront because of some bad blood that doesn't really have anything to do with it? That's your prerogative I guess. Though if you really wanted your games back, unless you had a ton there's always the steam sales.

Also, you're complaining about Steam's refund policy? Really? You're kind of ignoring the fact that you can refund games for ANY reason whatsoever if it's done so within the time allowed. Comparing to real life, that's not much different from the standard 30 day refund policy, and even those have caveats a-plenty, like unopened merchandise and such. Restrictions are in place because people can and will abuse return systems and have been doing so since the dawn of mankind.

And let's not forget the other elephant in the room, namely that other digital stores generally DON'T have refund policies. Good luck returning an Eshop game you didn't like, and Sony's system takes effort and also bars you from ever playing that particular game ever again on that account.

Steam has problems, sure, but the refund system has shot developers who release crappy buggy games for an easy buck in the foot. It's considered one of the few unequivocally good things Steam has done. I have to wonder what you think is a better refund system.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
More stubborn rambling from Luna, sorry about that.
(Also removed because I was being ridiculous and I'm sorry.)

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You CAN permanently remove games from your steam account now, or just hide them if you never want to see them. Those are options. Also, your login can't be changed but your visible username and icon can be, no one has to see the login if need be.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
You CAN permanently remove games from your steam account now, or just hide them if you never want to see them. Those are options. Also, your login can't be changed but your visible username and icon can be, no one has to see the login if need be.
Oh, I didn't know this honestly.
How do I hide the games, if it's okay to ask?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Assuming you're doing this from PC, you right-click a game you want to hide, click "set categories", and then hit the "hide this game" checkbox. Then it'll go on the list of hidden games that you won't see unless you actively browse that list.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Assuming you're doing this from PC, you right-click a game you want to hide, click "set categories", and then hit the "hide this game" checkbox. Then it'll go on the list of hidden games that you won't see unless you actively browse that list.
Thank you! Sorry about how weird and stubborn I was being earlier. I let my emotions and discomforts from clearly personal things get a hold of me without intending. I was probably really ridiculous and annoying, and I'm genuinely sorry about it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Thank you! Sorry about how weird and stubborn I was being earlier. I let my emotions and discomforts from clearly personal things get a hold of me without intending. I was probably really ridiculous and annoying, and I'm genuinely sorry about it.
No worries :P You should be able to engage in vidya garms without stress is all.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
No worries :p You should be able to engage in vidya garms without stress is all.
Yeah, thanks! I managed to find out I could clear out the account entirely too (delete screenshots & reviews) so it's kind of like a fresh start. That's nice!
Thanks for your help again.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah, thanks! I managed to find out I could clear out the account entirely too (delete screenshots & reviews) so it's kind of like a fresh start. That's nice!
Thanks for your help again.
That's good. Catching up on the thread I was starting to get worried about you.

Anything you have an eye on?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
That's good. Catching up on the thread I was starting to get worried about you.

Anything you have an eye on?
Don't worry, I was just overreacting due to the fact I woke up on the wrong side of the bed... not gonna lie about that.
Not really, MAYBE No Man's Sky if it ever goes down in price because I enjoy minecraft-esque games, the space setting captivated me but the price and reviews are saying "don't do it".

I have most of the games I want already anyways

This was after a LOT of cleaning out of pointless things that I'd never touch.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's a good collection! Always room for more though ;) If you ever want suggestions for new games, this is a fine place to ask!

And since we're showing off, let me share proof that I have more games than sense :P
steam profile thing.png

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
I'm not going to show off my games library since the way I like to organize it causes a lot of the games I have to be listed multiple times. I set things up that the categories are genres and a game appears under every genre it can be reasonably classified under. (For example, CrossCode is listed in the categories Action, Adventure, and Role Playing.)

Of course, with having my system, I'm REALLY IRRITATED by the forced “VR” category they added. The thing doesn't even list all the games I have though it that support the "virtual reality" equipment! :confused:

Not that I actually accept what people are calling VR as such. I'll only accept a real-life version of the NerveGear or AmuSphere as VR in the sense people have been using the term.

And since we're showing off, let me share proof that I have more games than sense :p
Isn't Steam notorious for its inability to properly count the number of games?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm not going to show off my games library since the way I like to organize it causes a lot of the games I have to be listed multiple times. I set things up that the categories are genres and a game appears under every genre it can be reasonably classified under. (For example, CrossCode is listed in the categories Action, Adventure, and Role Playing.)

Of course, with having my system, I'm REALLY IRRITATED by the forced “VR” category they added. The thing doesn't even list all the games I have though it that support the "virtual reality" equipment! :confused:

Not that I actually accept what people are calling VR as such. I'll only accept a real-life version of the NerveGear or AmuSphere as VR in the sense people have been using the term.

Isn't Steam notorious for its inability to properly count the number of games?
Eh! Valve's invested in VR hardware, of course they're going to push it. And the HTC vive is the closest we're going to get to VR in a long time, it seems to sort of work.

As for the game count, never heard of that, seems accurate to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom