• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Stupid Splatfest Idea?

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
call me crazy and idk if it would make a difference in the end, but I would think it would.

But I think it’d be nice if when a splatfest was announced the colors for the two teams weren’t released until the splatfest began.

The whole popularity part of the 3 judging sections seems heavily affected by the color of the ink alone as opposed to the subject matter.

And yes while a team can obviously win based on the solo and group sections, I feel like the popularity vote would be much more accurate and wouldn’t lead to heavily one sided populated teams.

Random thought I had which probably makes no difference in the end.

I’m curious and wish it would be possible to see the % of people picking their teams based on subject or color.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I would agree, but how would they do that? Would the t-shirts be grey? Would the background of the Splatfest Teams be grey until the start? Also, even if this was implemented, then wouldn't someone just wait until the day of the Splatfest to pick their team?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's very likely that the vast majority of people pick based on the actual theme and not color/OTH member. I doubt it'll be worth taking into account.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
It would a good addition in my opinion; the main reason Chicken vs Egg was lopsided was because everyone wanted to use that white ink. If people hid the colors until the start of the Splatfest, the I bet the sides would’ve had a more even distribution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom