• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sub Power Up_How few subs to use?!

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Hey all. Sub power up! How few subs of this gear ability do you use for your favorite sub weapons?

Or:

What sub weapons noticeably benefit from Sub Power Up with only one or two sub gear abilities slots?

A narrower question, what sub weapons want one main and one/two subs of Sub Power Up, but not necessarily 2 mains of it.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I run 2 'full' sub ups for my slosher/tower control build. Seems to make a noticeable difference.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Ink mines and sprinklers seem to benefit the most from sub power up. It increases duration and ink mines get a wider radius and duration of tracking. Same with point sensors.....it increases duration. Splatwalls....increases durability. I use sub power up sometimes if I use an ink mine weapon or sprinkler....but it's still an ability I can take or leave. I rarely use it with bombs because it only increases how far you can throw them and travel speed. If you like using beakons then you can superjump to them faster with sub power up. They should buff this ability.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
I notice it on beacons, with 1-2 subs. I totally appreciate the duration boost to ink mines

I feel like I reset sprinklers often enough that the boost to the duration is real hard to notice...but I am going to try just 3 subs, and see if it assists my Splatzones game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom