1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Sub Power Up_How few subs to use?!

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Zahntavier, May 14, 2019.

1. Zahntavier

Zahntavier Senior Squid

Hey all. Sub power up! How few subs of this gear ability do you use for your favorite sub weapons?

Or:

What sub weapons noticeably benefit from Sub Power Up with only one or two sub gear abilities slots?

A narrower question, what sub weapons want one main and one/two subs of Sub Power Up, but not necessarily 2 mains of it.

2. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I run 2 'full' sub ups for my slosher/tower control build. Seems to make a noticeable difference.

Zahntavier likes this.
  3. RocketsTail

RocketsTail Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2874-2863-4789
    Ink mines and sprinklers seem to benefit the most from sub power up. It increases duration and ink mines get a wider radius and duration of tracking. Same with point sensors.....it increases duration. Splatwalls....increases durability. I use sub power up sometimes if I use an ink mine weapon or sprinkler....but it's still an ability I can take or leave. I rarely use it with bombs because it only increases how far you can throw them and travel speed. If you like using beakons then you can superjump to them faster with sub power up. They should buff this ability.

4. Zahntavier

Zahntavier Senior Squid

I notice it on beacons, with 1-2 subs. I totally appreciate the duration boost to ink mines

I feel like I reset sprinklers often enough that the boost to the duration is real hard to notice...but I am going to try just 3 subs, and see if it assists my Splatzones game.

#4 Zahntavier, May 19, 2019 at 3:20 PM
    Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 3:30 PM