• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Subject 24.8B (A Megaman ZX Advent fanfic)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
In an abandoned laboratory deep in the dark depths of the facility. There is a dim light coming from a computer screen with some strange text scrolling across it. Suddenly the computer sparks and the screen turns blue.

A minute later lights start to come on in the room revealing various machines all linked up to a tube in the middle. The metal shell opens up revealing someone was inside. The person looked Human, but had metal parts integrated into its body.

Suddenly a hissing sound could be heard as the locks disengage from the tube and the glass case gets lifted away. Whoever it was remains floating there due to two cables keeping him aloft. A soft metal clang could be heard as each cable detached itself from the roof.

He collapses to the ground and lies motionless. After a minute he starts to wake up and slowly gets up to his feet looking around confused. He walks over to computer that was in the room and tries to access it. But fails due to it’s earlier malfunction.

Giving up on trying to access the computer he stumbles through the facility. It was in terrible condition like no one had lived there in decades. He eventually finds his way into the lobby. “Hello? Is anyone there!”

All he could hear was the distant bangs of something going on outside and the echos his voice had made. He looks around the room trying to find the exit. But before he does a large metal object crashes into the building causing it to shake. Fearing for his life he darts in a direction hoping to find an exit.

He turns a corner and was met face to face with some unknown entity. A bright light blocked his view even as he held up his hand to try and see who it was. “Who’s there!...Show yourself.”

The flashlight turns off and he could see 3 human soldiers standing there with their weapons pointed at him. “Hands up!”

Not wanting to die he puts his hands up. “W-what's this all about? Whats going on!?”

A soldier walks up and cuffs him. Before slamming him into the ground. “This is Unit Charlie...We found something that I think you will want to look into.”

The soldier picks him up and drags him outside while motioning for the other two to sweep the building.

Once outside he was shocked to see the city in front of him in ruin. He turns to look around and everywhere he look all he could see was destruction and ruin. “Wh...What happened?”

The soldier gives him a confusing look. “Shouldn’t you know Reploid….You caused all this. You and your army of mechanized creatures.”

He shakes his head. “No I'm not a Reploid I'm human!”

This just confused the soldier more. “Well if you're Human then why are you limbs made of metal?”

He looks down at his feet and sees what he meant. Just above the knee was where the metal legs attached to his body. “Wha...wha...when...who….”

He was starting to panic looking around desperate for answers. The soldier not wanting to deal with this knocks him out with the butt of his rifle. The last thing he hears before fully passing out was. “Reploid Scum!”

He wakes up a few hours later he sits up and holds onto his head as it was throbbing really hard. Once the pain subsided he begins to look around the place he was in. He was in a tent on a rather stiff bed. “Where...am I?”

He gets up and walks outside of the tent and was greeted with a blinding light. Putting his hand up he could tell it was a spot light. The spotlight moves a bit so it wasn’t blinding him anymore. He looks around and sees he was in an animal enclosure of some kind.

A voice speaks up from the wall. “You have a name Reploid.”

He looks up at the voice to see a woman standing there dressed very differently than the others. He tries to remember his name but couldn’t get anything. “No….I don't remember my name.”

The woman chuckles silently to herself. “That's not surprising. The information we got from that facility you were at was the predecessor to the pure robotic monstrosities we call Reploids. Whoever you were before was lost years ago...but don't worry I at least have some information on you.”

The woman throws the folder into the pen and he goes over to pick it up. He opens it to find a lot of redacted information. “Thi...This is supposed to be me?”

The woman nods. “You were the only test subject we found. Clearly you were a prototype to some sort of medical breakthrough. We have no clue why or how they did what they did. But we do know that you did it voluntarily.”

He flips through more of the paperwork and finds something. “Subject 24.8B Has had a complete personality change. Prefers the name Hunter to…...mother…...und…..ation.”

The document had water damage but the same stood out. “I know my name now.”

The woman listens with great intent. “My name is Hunter...but I don't remember anything.”

The woman nods. “Ok that’s fine Hunter will work for now untill you remember everything.”

She starts to walk away. As she does this Hunter runs to the edge but stops seeing several soldiers aim their weapons at him. “Why am I here! What happened?!”

The woman turns around. “Those questions will be answered later...for now don't do anything stupid.”

She walks away leaving Hunter standing there just as confused as before. Figuring he wasn’t going to get any answers he goes back into the tent and lays down. He closes his eyes and tries to remember anything from his past.

Hunter’s dream was very confusing to him and not very clear. There was a faceless woman and man sitting together on a park bench as he played on some monkeybars. The two had bolted up as if to get away from some Harm and sure enough it hit him. He could feel pain all over his body as he was thrown a great distance and lands in the street where the thing that hit him crashed into a taxi. The pain was so severe and real to him that he bolted awake.

He looks around confused then looks at his metal limbs. He could still feel the pain from what happened in that dream. He gets up and heads outside the tent the sun had finally started to raise above the walls of his cell. He looks around the edge wondering why he was a prisoner. “Hello?!”

Upon shouting several soliders quickly raised there weapons to him and he raises his hands. “Um...can i speak with that lady from last night?”

The soldiers didn’t budge but a few minutes later the woman reappears over the edge. “Ah good morning. Why have you summoned me.”

Hunter looks at the woman. “I just want to talk.”

The woman look over at someone Hunter couldn’t see and says something. “Dont do anything stupid and we will have our chance to talk.”

Hunter nods and stands there as the woman walked off. The soldiers lowered their weapons but kept an eye on him. About a minute later a door opens behind Hunter and he turns around. He spots the woman and a soldier carrying a table and another carrying a chair. They were walking towards the tent.

Hunter just stands there unsure what to do. When the guards left they stayed next to the door to make sure Hunter didn’t try escaping. “Come in here and sit down so we can talk.”

Hunter looks up at the guards on the edge before moving towards the tent keeping an eye on them. Once inside the tent she was sitting in a chair that was next to the bed. “Sit on the bed and we you can start asking questions.”

Hunter did as he was told and sits down. The woman was thinking of something. “Umm...where do i start?”

Hunter speaks up. “I dont know your name...thats a place to start.”

The woman jumps realizing she never introduced herself. “Im terrably sorry about that. My name is Mia Earnheart but you can just call me Mia.”

Hunter nods. “Its nice to meet you Mia. Um...can i have some food...i haven’t eaten anything since i woke up in that lab.”

Mia nods. “Its on the way just give them time to make it.”

Hunter nods. “Ok then i guess i need to say this...I remembered something.”

Mia was shocked the other Reploids like Hunter had no memories.

Hunter takes a deep breath. “It was me playing some something in a park. A man and a woman was watching me from a bench nearby. I saw them bolt out of the way of something…..then that something hit me. I went flying and i could feel the pain.”

He rubs his metal arms. “The pain was so intense i woke up not to long before i asked to talk to you.”

Mia grabs the metal arm and examines it. “So this pain you were feeling you think could be linked to when you were Human?”

Hunter watches her confused. “I dont know..but it was strong enough to make me feel everything that happened.”

Mia lets go of his arm. “Well we managed to dig up a bit more information about you. You willinging did the project because you were a young child quadruple amputee. They only mention an accident left you in such a condition. So if what you say is true then i could have been your past life...60 years ago.”

Hunter froze in place. “Si….sixty?”

Mia nods. “Yes you were put into a stasis solution to preserve your body as they needed to make some hefty changes...changes that changed not only your physical but your mental as well.”

Hunter trys to remember more but was just met with a migrane.

Mia stands up and rubs his hair. “Calm down and dont force your memories. Let them come back naturally.”

She sat back down as Hunter leaned back laying down on his bed. “What happend in the 60 years i was in that stasis solution?”

Mia hesitated. “Well….Everything. The Reploids started to take over city by city. Country by country. We few Humans have managed to knock out most of the reploid control in this area. But we are in an endless war...one we cannot win.”

Hunter was shocked by this information. “What can i do to help?”

Mia laughs. “Your in no position to help we need soldiers not...well sorry for using this term but...Children.”

Hunter quickly stands up and slams his hands on the table. “I am no child!”

He sits down realizing he just confirmed what she said and sighs. “I lost my childhood when that day happened...what ever happened.”

They sat in silence for about 3 minutes then there breakfast arrives. Eggs and gravy for Hunter and a plate of toast and jelly for Mia. “Well enjoy...i guess.”

Mia was trying to break the ice that came between them to no avail. Hunter didn’t say anything and just quietly ate.

After breakfast was finished she sighs. “Look...if you really want to help...I could convince the general to train you to fight.”

Hunter looks at her. “Thank you...for breakfast...and answer the question i had.”

Mia nods and walks out she whistles to the guards who came and took the stuff but Mia ordered to to just put them somewhere else in the tent. Since there was only a bed in there. She takes her leave and he just sits there thinking on what to do.

A few minutes later a loud whistle could be heard. “Get your Sorry *** out here Maggot!”

Hunter was confused but left the tent and sees a guy standing in the middle of the pen. “Um..Hi?”

The man didn’t look happy. “You will address me as Sir! Now fall in Line Maggot!”

Hunter looks confused and just stood there. The Sargent blew his whistle and did a hand gesture and the soldiers took aim. “Normally i break my soldiers through grueling physical labor but with you i have to get creative...luckily i plenty of other assets to work with.

Hunter looks around the pen seeing all the soldiers with the guns at the ready.

The man came up from behind with a pair of brass knuckles and with a swift punch broke off Hunter’s Right arm. Hunter begins to scream in pain from the feedback of the broken part he looks at the man with a very angry face. “Good you have some fight in you. Each time you fail to follow orders i will break another limb. If i were you i best be getting in line quickly you only have a handful of limbs left.”

The woman arrived and began watching. Hunter kept the anger bottled up for the time being. “Sir yes sir!”

The sargent smiles. “Good you're a quick learner too. Your first lesson is to get your body physically fit. You may not have muscles anymore but that doesn’t mean you are not allowed to be lazy now give me 20 laps around the pen….Now Soldier!”

Hunter not wanting to have another broken limb began running around the Pen. The Sargent tossed up the broken limb for repairs. Hunter had stopped next to the Sergeant at the end of the 20 laps and he was out of breath. And the Sergeant laughed. “Even with Tech you still need to keep what’s left of you fit. You could end up running for miles ducking and weaving through buildings just to escape your enemy. Now attack me!”

Hunter in his exhausted state wanted to argue but didn’t he threw a punch with his missing arm and that threw him for a loop. The sergeant used Hunter’s momentum against him and slammed him hard on his head. Hunter lays there in a daze and the sargent laughs at Hunter. “You need to try harder son.”

He grabs the loose wires and pulls on them a bit causing sharp pain to coarse through Hunter’s right arm. “GYAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!” The sergeant was getting a sick pleasure out of doing that. “Stay with me Maggot you are nowhere near ready for the field.”

Hunter fights through the pain and pulls away from the sargent. He holds onto his right arm which was in extreme pain. This angered and confused Hunter. Hunter charges in and the Sargent easily overpower Hunter.

After a 10 minute fight Hunter was lying on the ground crying. “It seems i have finally broken him….That's enough training for today you will get your arm back soon.”

The Sargent leaves the pen and leaves Hunter laying there. As Hunter layed there he just looked up at the blue sky and another memory came back to him. He was playing in a field of flowers just outside of his home. The man and woman were there with him. Hunter was just having fun running around in the field he didn’t care much for the flowers.

He snaps back to reality when a bright light hits his eyes and he tries to block out the light with his right hand but to no avail. “What’s Going on?”

The light goes away and it was Mia. “Good you dont have any brain damage...but you were zoned out there for quite a while….another memory?”

Hunter nods. “Well try to stay attached to reality danger could strike at any moment.” there was a poping sound and the pain Hunter felt in that arm was gone. He looks over and she had removed his right arm. “Wh...why you taking my arm?”

Mia chuckles. “To give you a spare one i came up with quickly while i fix and upgrade your broken arm….you're kinda 60 years in the past on Tech...he was able to break your arm with ease. I could only imagine what an actual reploid will do to you. Unfortunately we prioritized your right arm but before your next training session with the Sergeant you should have your temp limbs. Something the Sargent can break to punish you and wouldn’t be a huge issue to replace.”

She pops in the new arm and felt a cold sensation as his mind connected to the new limb. “Dont get too attached to your arms and Legs...he has been known to break all four limbs and make you crawl in the mud untill you passed out from blood loss.”

Hunter looks away from her. “I wasn’t ready for what he had in store.”

Mia sighs and gets ready to leave. “I know...but i do recommend you keep running several laps around the pen untill you can do it without breaking a sweat.”

Hunter nods and once he was back on his feet began running.

The next day it was raining and the Sergeant called him out. He wake up and realizes his new limbs. But didn’t hesitate for long and quickly ran to the Sargent. “Ready Sir!”

The Sargent smiles. “Good now 20 laps around the Pen.”

Hunter does the 20 laps with ease but was still winded at the end of it. The sergeant blows his whistles again. “Ok time for Rapid Change. You will go from Push-up to jumping jacks as fast as you can and you will not stop until i say so…Understand!”

Hunter shakes his head. “Sorry I do not Sir. what are push-up and Jumping Jacks?”

The sergeant laughs. “Push up are where you are laying on the ground and you push yourself off of the ground by your hands. And jumping jacks are as they sound require jumping but you go from standing to arms above your head and legs out then back. Understood!”

Hunter nods. “I think so Sir!”

The Sargent smiles. “Jumping jacks GO!”

Hunter started Jumping jacks He was doing it wrong but it was close enough. After 20 jumps he blows the whistle. Hunter jumps so that he lands on the ground and begins trying pushups. And they were dead wrong.

The sargent kicks Hunter over. “All Wrong on both of them. Fine i guess you need an example. Watch carefully do it wrong one more time i break a limb.”

The Sergeant gave a quick example even added the whistle for good measure. Hunter watched carefully in the deluge. The sergeant then pushes Hunter and blows the whistle. Hunter did it the jumping jacks wrong because his feet were sinking into the ground. As punishment the Sargent breaks Hunter’s right leg.

The pain was very intense the rain making it worse. “Now i want you to run 10 laps.”

Hunter hesitated but when the Sergeant readied his brass knuckles again Hunter darted off.

The 10 laps were a nightmare constant fumbling and stumbling. At the end of it Hunter couldn’t even stand. And this only made the sargent laugh. “You're not done.”

The sergeant blows his whistle and Hunter had to do Jumping jacks with one leg. It wasn’t easy.

The Sargent only quit when Hunter passed out face down in the mud. The sargent drags Hunter into the tent and just lays him out on the floor before going back to his normal duties.

Training continued for a few weeks and he was then ready to progress into the next phase of training. Weapons training went way quicker due to how quickly he learned the weapons.

About 2 months pass and it was finally over. Hunter was fully trained to fight against the Reploids. Though many soldiers didn’t like the fact there was now a Reploid fighting for them. But they didn’t say anything.

[/spoilers]

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Hunter wakes up early the next day. The sun wasn’t even up yet. He leaves his tent and knocks on the door. A soldier opens it up and lets Hunter through. Hunter heads over to the laboratory where Mia was hard at work on his new limbs.

Upon arriving he was led inside to the lab Mia was working in. As he was led down the hallway by the 2 soldiers who were following him from his containment cell he noticed how empty the place was. Parts of the ceiling were collapsed from the various attacks this place sustained.

They stop by a door with a large 24 on it. He was shoved inside and the doors closed behind him. Mia turns around wearing a strange piece of headgear that magnified her eyes. “Ah Hunter glad your here. Ready for the new limbs?”

Hunter looks around the room there were several different mechanical limbs. Probably from the other Reploids that the soldiers have destroyed. “I guess so.”

Mia nods. “Just strip down to your underwear and lay down on the table. These limbs are far stronger and more responsive than those temporary limbs i gave you.”

Hunter moves over to the table and lays down as Mia walks over and begins removing his temporary limbs. “I hope you like them. I worked for 3 months on these.”

Mia walks away with the limbs and sets them aside. She then returns with a cart that had his new limbs. They were more armored and made from a lighter material than his old limbs. She lifts up the limbs like they were nothing to her and aligns them up but doesn’t attach them untill she did her final checks. “Ok...ready? This might hurt a lot”

Mia attached his right arm and instantly he felt like his new arm was on fire. Not the familiar cold dead weight feeling from the temporary set he used. he could actually feel the whole arm. Mia attaches the next arm and same thing. The pain was extreme but Hunter tries his best to lay still till she was done.

She attached both his legs and that's when he finally let out a shout of pain. Mia jumped and quickly went for the medical kit attached to the wall and returns with it. “Whats wrong! Tell me!”

Hunter lays there tears in his eyes. “My limbs feel like they are on fire!”

Mia sighs and gets a pain reliever for Hunter. “There there...Its probably just your brain getting use to the new sensations its getting. These limbs act similarly to how Human arms work. To the point where i could call it a near mechanical copy.”

Hunter just lays there as Mia shoved a needle into his neck and injects the pain reliever. Hunter closes his eyes and tries to calm down.

Mia pulls up a chair and sighs. “I think you should know what's happened this past 60 years.... It started about 55 years ago. The first Cybernetic Enhancements had finally entered the public market. You must have been an early test subject for this research.

But shortly after people started to get these enhancements that's when things started to change. People started to disappear. I was 10 at the time it all started. My parents left and never returned home. I was so scared when the first bombs fell. My house survived the initial wave of attacks but I wasn’t safe. The reploids showed up and began sweeping through the houses.

If it wasn’t for my neighbor showing up...they would have taken me. Either to kill me. Or become one of them...I dont know what’s worse. But thanks to him i survived and we headed to the military base. It was the first stronghold the Humans had in this part of the world. The Reploids avoided us for years picking off stragglers.

Then they came...The ones with Psionic powers. They seemed to command the machines with but a meir thought. One robot makes it through they all then swarmed into that location. The first stronghold had fallen in just under an hour. Those of us who managed to escape went to war the other fortresses about what had happened. I ended up here at Fortress 24.

This facility was one of the big laboratories that started it all. The soldiers took the facility and the adjoining Zoo and secured it. This place is used for experiments on functional Reploids. Thus the reason you were in a Lion Pen. I was 18 when i arrived here but even being that young i had to do my part. So i was put into the labs to dismantle robotic corpses for functional parts.

Years i have been dismantling these soulless machines. Then You were found...Instead of leaving you to your own survival in the Pen i asked them to give you special treatment. Then i found out you were a child when you put into stasis. Though your aging was slowed while in statis you look no older than 20…..for 55 years total so far Human have fought against the Reploid kind...im hoping with you that all changes.”

Hunter has fallen asleep during the middle of that but Mia didn’t blame him. She grabs a blanket and puts it over him. “Rest...your going to need it your first mission is in the morning.”

Hunter wakes up that afternoon. Mia had passed out at her station. Hunter gets up and puts back on his clothes. He could tell right away he would need time to get used to his new limbs so he puts on his clothes slowly as to not ruin them. Once dressed he puts the blanket on Mia. “Thank you for everything.”

Hunter leaves not seeing any soldiers waiting for him at the door he continues on. Once he leaves the facility thats when he was met with the Sargent. “Ah good your awake. Hope your ready your fight assignment is tonight. Best gets your gear ready. Mia has provided a special armor set for you based off the Reploids tech. Its waiting for you at your tent.”

The sargent pushes a bag into Hunter’s arms as well as a ration box. “Eat up you are probably hungry.”

Hunter nods and takes the stuff to his tent. He was surprised he wasn’t escorted. Upon entering the Tent he could see a strange mechanical device. It was strange with 2 circular pads one above and one below and a metal support bracket linking the two with a strange metal box that was behind it.. But nothing else was visible.

He sits down on his bed and opens up the ration box. There wasn’t much in it but a bottle of water and some dry food. He quietly ate it as he was wondering what the device was. Once finished with his meal he walks over to the device and stands between to the two circular devices. The top and bottom circular pads open up and several mechanical arms come down and hold him in place. The metal box opens up and the limbs begin attaching something to him.

Once he was allowed to move freely he looked over himself and it was a strange suit of armor. He jumps when the helmet turned on and started to boot up the UI. “Um...ok...what’s going on!”

Mia’s voice comes through the headset. “Good afternoon Hunter.”

She still sounded half asleep. “Um..Mia where are you?”

Hunter was looking around as her voice comes through the headset again. “Im in my lab...just woke up from a nap and you were gone. Figured you were trying on the suit….how do you like it?”

Hunter walks outside of the tent and looks around. “The soldiers dont seem to like it.”

Mia sighs. “Hold on.”

A few minutes later Mia appears at the door. “Come on Hunter its about time to start the mission briefing.”

Hunter walks over to Mia who leads him to the Command Center. The Sargent was there. “Ah good to see you here Hunter...Look we are not sure how good of a soldier you are since this will be your first fight. But we are confident you can handle it.”

Hunter nods. “OK...so what do i have to do?”

Mia hands Hunter the other equipment he would need as the Sergeant explained the mission. “The mission is to take possession of this building here.”

The Sargent points to a building on the map. “My men will be coming in from the sewers. You Hunter are going to be there escape plan. With the armor you have on they should just let you in the front door. I need you to secure a troop transport in the basement of the facility. If you dont feel confident on driving it don't worry someone else can do it. I just need you to secure the vehicle. Stealth is important here so don't do anything that will compromise the mission.”

Hunter was unsure but hid it well. “Ok...so i just need to gain access to the place and secure a troop transport vehicle….what does one of those look like?”

The Sargent sighs and Mia shoots him a rather angry look. “It looks like Big Rig...you know what those are right?”

Hunter nods. “Big Rigs are the large trucks usually called 18 wheelers?

The Sargent nods. “Yes but this one has a similar amount of wheels but is heavily armored….think the back end of that truck with alot of armor plates on it.”

Hunter nods. “Ok.”

The Sargent nods. “Alright there is a Jeep prepped for you in the hanger. The driver will get you to the edge of the safe zone you will have to walk there the rest of the way.”

Hunter nods. “Understood.”

The Sergeant salute Hunter and Hunter returns the salute. He then heads over to the hanger to head over to the mission zone.

As he walked in he was lead to a jeep and he sits down in the passenger seat. The driver quickly drove them out to the edge of the safe zone. Once there Hunter gets out and the driver takes off.

Hunter sighs. “Yea just leave me here unsure which way to go.”

Mia’s voice comes through the headset. “Oops i forgot to tell you how to operate your combat UI system.”

Mia quickly goes over how to use it. “Thank you Mia.”

Hunter follows the path the UI was had displayed for him and sure enough there were several reploids wandering around doing something. As Hunter approached they didn’t seem to be paying him any attention. “Ok...this is a little creepy”

Hunter manages to walk inside but when he did it he was stopped by a reploid. “We have been waiting for you...The new recruit is ready for training. Please follow me to collect her.”

Hunter was unsure but Mia’s voice comes over the headset. “Dont say anything you haven’t been had yet your mission is still a go.”

Hunter nods and follows the reploid to the back and sure enough in a tube similar to the one he was in was a woman. She was naked and floating by the cables attached to her back. She had short blond hair. Most likely from them cutting it before putting her in there. The reploid does something and the liquid drains out of the tube and then it opens up. She was released and just lays there. “Whats wrong with her?”

The reploid goes to check on her. “She is still under from the treatment. She will wake up shortly.”

Hunter looks at the reploid. “Well dont just stand there we dont need her to catch a cold now get her something to wear.”

The reploid quickly went off to fetch a towel. Hunter moves the girl from the pool of liquid that remained. She was beautiful looking she even had similar augmentations as he had. The reploid returns and hand Hunter the towel. He wraps it around her to try and keep her warm and gently lifts her up. “I need to leave soon I will be taking the transport.”

The Reploid looks at Hunter as if questioning it. “Confirmed it is now yours. It should be ready to go soon.”

Hunter nods and takes the girl through the facility back the way he came and then into the vehicle bay where the transport was. The description was fairly accurate. He walks up to the transport and the back opens up. He walks inside and buckles in the girl. About a minute later is when a rush of people showed up 6 of them soldiers. The rest were scared civilians who were afraid to see Hunter there. “What you waiting for get in here!”

They listen to what he said and entered the transport confused why a Reploid was helping their escape. Hunter stayed next to the girl unsure what to do. The soldiers quickly locked up the vehicle before one of them took control of the vehicle and headed for the safe zone.

The people sat in silence and avoided being around Hunter unsure what his deal was. As well as the girl. Once back into the safe zone they were stopped and the civilians were moved out to a different base to keep them safe. The one that was driving remained and looked at Hunter. “Whats with her?”

Hunter shakes his head looking at the girl. “I dont know...I was told by a reploid she was ready for training….maybe she was going to be another reploid that would have been against us.”

The soldier sighs. “Im going to take us back to back. Maybe Mia can help figure this out.”

Hunter nods as the soldier went back into the driver seat and heads back to base.

Upon arriving at the base Hunter picks up the girl who is still asleep and takes her to the tent. But also asks someone to get Mia for him.

He gets to his tent with only questionable looks from the people he passed by. Once inside the tent he removes the towel and drys her hair as it was still wet. He felt odd having a naked girl sitting on his lap. Once done drying her hair he lays her down in the bed.

Mia arrives shortly afterwards with some clothes. “Let me dress her...you wait outside.”

Hunter nods and leaves the tent so Mia could clothe the woman. “Ok you can come back”

Hunter walks back into the tent and the woman was now clothed still asleep. “Just step back on the machine to get the armor off.”

Hunter walks over to the machine and sure enough once he stood on it the machine removed the armor. It felt good to have it off. “So what do we do about her?”

Mia shrugs. “I do not know. When she wakes up just bring her to me then we will find out.”

Hunter nod as Mia leaves. Hunter sighs and just sits down in the chair.

He didn’t have to wait long as about 10 minutes later she starts to sturr. She sits up and looks around the room like she was in a daze.

Hunter looks at her. “Um..hi?”

She looks at Hunter and rubs her eyes. “Hi Master. What will you with this Unit.”

Hunter was confused. “Um...i guess for now just sit there i need to get someone.”

The woman lays back down and follows the order she was given. Hunter goes to get Mia.

Hunter returns with Mia and the woman sits up again. “Master...why is there a Human next to you.”

Hunter rubs the back of his head. “Um...because Humans are not our enemies.”

The woman tilts her head. “Are you sure?”

Hunter nods. “Yes im sure. They maybe selfish but they are not trying to kill everyone.”

The woman nods. “If master says so.”

Mia looks at Hunter with a serious look. “What? The Master this was something she came up with all on her own.”

Mia sighs. “Correct her then.”

Hunter looks at the woman. “Um...My name isn’t master is Hunter.”

The woman smiles. “Nice to meet you Master Hunter.”

Mia sighs. “Well you got yourself a Pet...You will need to take care of her...and give her a name.”

Hunter didn’t feel good about having her be called his pet. “Ok..i will do my best to take care of her.”

Mia goes to walk away but stops. “Keep her on a short leash to make sure she doesn’t get into trouble.”

Mia leaves and Hunter looks at the girl. “What to call you.”

The woman sits there waiting for an answer. “I will call you. Imani.”

The woman smiles. “Nice to meet you Master Hunter my name is Imani.”

Hunter sighs. “This is going to be a long day.”

Imani shakes her head. “The sun will be gone in about 10 hours.”

Hunter shakes his head. “Get out of bed and follow me...I need to see how much combat training you have.”

Imani smiles and gets out of bed. “This one has been fully trained to handle any weapon and fight any target.”

Hunter nods Come outside and lets have a sparing match.”

Imani nods and follows Hunter outside. She stops part way through to let Hunter have some starting space. Hunter turns around and gets ready. “No killing ok.”

Imani nods. “Paramiters set combat begins in….NOW!”

Imani charges in first she was quite nimble on her feet Hunter was having issues keeping track of her movements. She was definitely skilled in combat. But Hunter spotted an opening and exploited it. He sidesteps and just the right moment to dodge her attack the he quickly jumps up to hit her in the gut with his knee. Not wanting to give her time to recover he elbows her in the back before kicking her in the side.

Imani rolled away before the kick could hit but she was impressed by how quickly Hunter was able to spot an opening. “Not bad master guess i actually need to try harder.”

Hunter stands at the ready in a boxer stance more of a ruse than anything. He was bobbing on the spot ready for her. Imani smiles and dashes in she was much quicker than before. Hunter took a guess that she would try and hit from behind and does a quick turn around.

Sure enough there she was and again was caught off guard but she doesn’t hesitate she drops down and go for a low sweeping kick. This knocks Hunter to the ground but she takes the initiative and tries to break one of Hunter’s arms. Hunter shifts just enough to stop her from doing that before counting with his own punch and her arm breaks in two. What ever cybernetic arms she was given it clearly wasn’t meant for combat.

She screams in pain and holds her broken arm. “This one submits...please dont think badly for how this one has failed.”

Hunter helps her up she was in tears from the pain. “Follow me. Let's get you fixed up.” Hunter picks up her broken arm and leads her to the laboratories. She was crying the whole time fearing she had failed her master.

They enter Mia’s lab and she was hard at work on something. She stops when she hears the whimpering from Imani. She turns around and sees Hunter holding her arm and the other half attached to the whimpering girl. “What happened?”

Imani spoke up. “I lost a sparring match.”

Mia sighs. “Be more careful i cant just make arms on the fly.”

Hunter looks at Imani. “Lay down on the table so Mia can get you a replacement.”

Imani lays down on the table and Mia quickly goes to work. She removes the broken arm as well as well as the other limbs. and gives her a pair of sturdier arms and legs. “These will last you a while longer...but dont be sparing with it. I can have a stronger set for you in a few days time.”

Imani nods and quietly waits for Hunter’s next order. Hunter sighs and looks at Mia. “Imani come on let’s go get something to eat.”

Imani gets off the table and quietly follows Hunter silently. As they walked Hunter looks back and she wasn’t looking at him. “Whats wrong.”

Imani shakes her head. “You can trust me Imani”

Imani looks at Hunter tears in her eyes. “I have failed you i should be destroyed for not being able to even land a solid hit on you.”

Hunter stops and turns towards Imani she looks him in the eyes and he hugs her. “You dont have to be like this. I dont need a Pet who does whatever i demand. I just want someone who will be there and have my back...like a friend.”

Imani hugs Hunter and begins to cry into his shoulder. “Thank you..ma….Hunter….This one can be your friend….you can count on that.”

Hunter breaks the hug and holds her hand as they head towards the canteen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom