• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Subs stick on the Tower in Tower Control

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/v/6782922

confirmation is around 40:10 that suction bombs stay on the tower

from what we can gather, since suction bombs can stay on the tower, splash walls, squid beacons, ink mines, et cetera can probably stick too. the tower seems to have no restrictions.

because of this, staying on the tower is very unsafe. you're a huge target when youre standing on it and moving it forward, and the other team isn't going to have a hard time taking you out. you probably won't want very specific or static strategies for tower control, because of this. using a versatile weapon that lets you weave in and out of the tower and doesn't lock you down into it is going to be a good idea, since you don't have to commit to pushing the tower forward and thus, not getting yourself killed as frequently. staying alive is crucial in this gamemode since you'll want to minimize the amount of time the other team is pushing the tower and maximize the amount your team is.

if you're alive, you can frag. if you can frag, you can frag another teams player. if you frag one of their players, that makes their chances of securing the tower and pushing forward less likely. so, using more versatile weapons and approaching the tower safely and with your team is going to be your best bet for winning this gamemode. i wouldn't advise making a strategy that revolves around staying on the tower since its so unsafe and comebacks aren't exactly difficult - but then again, i have yet to play the gamemode.

i'm not here to argue if this is a good or bad thing, just that it's there. be aware that the game treats the tower as any other surface in the game, and that you can get pinned down very easily by subs, and keep that in mind while you're playing.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
I think its important to actually use the pillar in the middle of the tower as cover. You'll at least have some defense on the tower but yeah dieing is highly likely.

Question: does the tower have to reach the enemy spawn or somewhere close to it?

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
I think its important to actually use the pillar in the middle of the tower as cover. You'll at least have some defense on the tower but yeah dieing is highly likely.

Question: does the tower have to reach the enemy spawn or somewhere close to it?
it only has to reach somewhere close to it according to this video.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
incidentally ink wall also stays on the tower

considering that ink wall is already the most broken thing in this game, having six seconds of invulnerability on the objective is going to make the 52 gal even stronger than it already is lmao

tower control is basically a buff for all the top tier weapons except the 96 gal (i.e. ttek, 52, scopes, squiffer)

maybe ink mines will finally not suck

Soul Train

Full Squid
NNID
JSXian
Bubblers/Ink Walls to push the tower forward, snipers to pick them off at distance, and flankers to counter the snipers. Sounds like the team direction this'll head towards.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I just hope this doesn't become a central game mode for competitive play. I don't have any thoughts on formations and it is making me seriously doubt myself. Then again, I should probably wait until I play. Whatever.

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
The Ink Mine may be OP in this mode due to the fact that it sets off when an enemy is close to it and when the user gets splattered.

Not only that, it covers a large area of ink for a sub when it sets off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom