• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate warning about spoilers

Cephalobro

During these two weeks in which Smash Ultimate is close to releasing, be really careful when going through You Tube or Twitter as there are those irresponsible people who managed to get some version of the game early and started leaking its contents. However, if you have a video blocker installed on your browser, please make it your number one priority to block videos from Prosafia Gaming when the game comes out, that You Tuber puts spoilers directly on the thumbnail.

For those of you who managed to avoid spoilers, keep doing a great job at it. The wait is almost over.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
actually Nintendo already made sure that youtube took those videos down,the channels with these videos also got deleted no lie o.o Nintendo is real mad about this i tell you!

Cephalobro

Just an update to the warning, stay away from Smash Wiki as much as possible! I have read their wiki policy and they clearly disrespect people who don't want to be spoiled, it's arrogance like this that just makes me lose all the respect for a person or a group of people like that. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I will save you the trouble of risk and tell you that they think that players who don't want to be spoiled are "the minority". Also, they put spoilery stuff on their articles without a least some spoiler warnings in bold. They are honestly just as bad as dataminers in that regard.

Sorry my warning eventually became my venting message, but I just can't respect arrogant people.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Just an update to the warning, stay away from Smash Wiki as much as possible! I have read their wiki policy and they clearly disrespect people who don't want to be spoiled, it's arrogance like this that just makes me lose all the respect for a person or a group of people like that. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I will save you the trouble of risk and tell you that they think that players who don't want to be spoiled are "the minority". Also, they put spoilery stuff on their articles without a least some spoiler warnings in bold. They are honestly just as bad as dataminers in that regard.

Sorry my warning eventually became my venting message, but I just can't respect arrogant people.
Well, in their defense, it is a website that is dedicated to supplying info. They don't give a crap about spoilers.

Cephalobro

Well, in their defense, it is a website that is dedicated to supplying info. They don't give a crap about spoilers.
Again, they could've at least added spoiler warnings in bold on their articles so players who look up information can still avoid spoilers. Bulbapedia does this for their articles on the games, so they earned my respect because of spoiler warnings in the article itself.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i kinda think that the ones who don't wanna read the spoilers..well just focus on other hobbies until the game is out and ignore everything smash related! :D but i agree people/sites should warn about spoilers being involved but if 1 side becomes unreasonable then so will the other side ^^'' and well..the YT drama about smash just keep going x.x but i kinda have to admit the Smash community can be real toxic...x.x

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only spoilers you'll likely come across on Smash Wiki by accident are the additional bosses that aren't officially revealed yet. All the other stuff (music, Classics, World of Light) is mostly not up yet, and if it is, you have to actively look for it in order to spoil yourself.

So, stay away from the main SSBU page if you don't want those bosses spoiled, but honestly, you're gonna find out about those pretty quickly anyway so I'm not too bummed that I accidentally came across them.

And there's still some gameplay up here and there on YT. A YT user called Rawfoe, for example, uploads a lot of gameplay, but he makes it seem like it's from some kind of official tournament instead of a early released copy (which it is from), so he somehow managed to avoid detection.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Inkipedia puts spoiler warnings on their articles about future lore, too... RIP ever needing that again for Splatoon 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom