• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

T.V. Shows you used to like, but no longer like.

RanserSSF4

Inkling
NNID
RanserSSF4
Have there been any T.V. Show you used to love to watch, but no longer watch for particular reasons?

One example would be "The Simpsons." A lovable show I used to watch a lot, but now it's no longer good because it's humor is very boring.

How about some of yours?

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
It's not consistent but I found the last 2 seasons of Survivor to be pretty craptacular. It's my all-time favourite show and it's gone through dark periods of suckiness before (Seasons 21-24, I'm looking at you) and it was on a bit of a high note but it's started to really go all ham on the drama and not focus at all on anything actually interesting. I'm really hoping that the upcoming season is better. All-returning players has been good in the past though so hopefully the idiocy is minimized. Plus it was a fan-voted cast so that's something new and experimenty that could be fun.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Spongebob Squarepants for me. Ever since Season 5, the show has been going through some serious seasonal rot and it hasn't gotten any better over the years. The show used to be so funny, but now it's cringe-worthy to me.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Spongebob. To me it died after the first movie. Before that, it was one of the funniest cartoons on TV.
I mean, Miiverse still quotes lines from the old episodes.

Pokemon Anime. I used to love it as a kid. But then I started getting really into the Pokemon games.
(I was one of those Fire Spin Charizard kids back in the red version.) And then I realized how much
of a loser Ash was and still is... (In what Arceus's name did you think releasing Goodra was a good idea!?)
The Genesect movie I saw a couple of years back proved this.

Not only was the movie bad, Ash barely did anything remember able in that whole movie.
I also can't stand how inaccurate the anime is compared to the games. Especially with the NPCs.
Every time my brother lets me know what's going on in the anime, I just cringe at ever single detail.
I'm no competitive Pokemon player still to this day, but at least my Charizards don't know Fire Spin.

Fairly Odd Parents. I knew it was dead after creating the character "Poof". It wasn't ever as good as Spongebob,
but some episodes really stuck out to me and are still quoted to this day. Heck, the internet remembers
the Dinklebergs more than Nick does.

RanserSSF4

Inkling
NNID
RanserSSF4
i got another one: America's Funniest Home Videos!

i still like the show, but one thing i started to hate about it was when most of the show is nothing but "fail" stunt videos. You know? The videos where most dumb people risk their lives to perform a stunt, but fail and is "funny?" I know it can be funny to some, but not to me! It also feels like they do it on purpose to get on the show!

To me, the real funny videos are easily the ones with young children, babies, and animals (mostly dogs and cats). They're not featured that often in most episodes, but when they appear, i laugh and find them cute :) the ironic part is that they mostly win 1st place over the stunt videos.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
It would probably be the Simpsons :V Its been dead since season 9. I don't watch it on, but every once in a while I find a clip from recent episodes.....

It tends to have one shiny joke :V among the pile of garbage.

Oh and Heroes, which has been years since I've watched it and barely remember anything from the show. :V

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Pokemon Anime. I used to love it as a kid. But then I started getting really into the Pokemon games.
(I was one of those Fire Spin Charizard kids back in the red version.) And then I realized how much
of a loser Ash was and still is... (In what Arceus's name did you think releasing Goodra was a good idea!?)
The Genesect movie I saw a couple of years back proved this.

Not only was the movie bad, Ash barely did anything remember able in that whole movie.
I also can't stand how inaccurate the anime is compared to the games. Especially with the NPCs.
Every time my brother lets me know what's going on in the anime, I just cringe at ever single detail.
I'm no competitive Pokemon player still to this day, but at least my Charizards don't know Fire Spin.
I gave up on the anime ever since the D/P/Pt seasons. From what I've seen from the newer seasons, it barely changed all that much other than the animation being better. Ash is still an idiot who keeps losing along with releasing some of his best Pokemon that aren't his God Mode Chu, Team Rocket are still annoying and have no likability to them anymore, and there's just so many other things wrong with the show, I can't list all of them here because there's too many problems I have with the show lately.

Speaking of the Genesect movie, I've heard about the 'Femtwo' from it. How can two Mewtwo exist anyway? It makes no sense at all.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I gave up on the anime ever since the D/P/Pt seasons. From what I've seen from the newer seasons, it barely changed all that much other than the animation being better. Ash is still an idiot who keeps losing along with releasing some of his best Pokemon that aren't his God Mode Chu, Team Rocket are still annoying and have no likability to them anymore, and there's just so many other things wrong with the show, I can't list all of them here because there's too many problems I have with the show lately.

Speaking of the Genesect movie, I've heard about the 'Femtwo' from it. How can two Mewtwo exist anyway? It makes no sense at all.
If I recall correctly, they just made another Mewtwo for no reason at all. "She" had a similar backstory to the original one.
"She" was only there to hype up Mewtwo's mega evolution at the time.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
If I recall correctly, they just made another Mewtwo for no reason at all. "She" had a similar backstory to the original one.
"She" was only there to hype up Mewtwo's mega evolution at the time.
You'd think they know about the fact the original Mewtwo is supposed to be the only one of his species. He's a clone of Mew, so there can't be more of his kind. It is pretty obvious they only made Femtwo just so they can hype up the Y mega evolution at the time. I'm glad they don't mention Femtwo anymore afterwards. The less we talk about there being two Mewtwo for some reason, the better.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
Doctor Who got really bad imo after Moffat took over. Granted, I liked most of the Eleventh Doctor's episodes, but Twelve's are just UNBEARABLE to me. Peter Capaldi and Jenna Louise-Coleman are great actors, but the writing is horrible. They're doing well for what they're working with, but it's still not enough for me.

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
I used to really like Once Upon a Time until they started bringing back characters. Maybe it was because there were so many ads I couldn't keep up with what was going on due to lack of immersion, but something just felt empty about it to me after a while.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
You'd think they know about the fact the original Mewtwo is supposed to be the only one of his species. He's a clone of Mew, so there can't be more of his kind. It is pretty obvious they only made Femtwo just so they can hype up the Y mega evolution at the time. I'm glad they don't mention Femtwo anymore afterwards. The less we talk about there being two Mewtwo for some reason, the better.
All the more glad they went with the Japanese voice actor who did Mewtwo in Melee to reprise his role in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I would added Family guy and Fairy oddparents with simpsons and spongebob as show that run their course. I feel the simpsons is not good or not bad compare to another three shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom