• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Taking Questions About the Midwest Splatoon Group

Lodestar_Valor

Inkling
NNID
Lord_Valor
Now that we have an extra staff member, and well, if you look at the member count of this group...IT'S OVER 90.00!!!

Getting back on track... If you guys have any questions about this group, I'll try to answer as many of them as possible. If a question is asked many times or seems to be more significant, I'll edit this post and put it in the F.A.Q. section here.

One request about any questions you post, please try to keep them reasonable, this means not asking about a staff position in this thread (if you want to message me I MIGHT reply), and no intentionally stupid questions (I just don't want to see anything like "Is this a stupid question?" posted as a question, if it's a real question, whether you think it's stupid or not, go ahead and ask, I won't judge).

Question topics may include events (though we don't have any set up at this time), rules, etc. If you feel like something needs to be asked about the group, feel free to ask it.

F.A.Q.
(none yet)

Stay Fresh!!! (and sorry if the format of this looks/feels weird, it's tough switching in-between homework-writing mode and forum-thread-writing-mode)

Lodestar_Valor

Inkling
NNID
Lord_Valor
What is the purpose of this group?
I don't know its exact purpose, however, it's a regional group. So if you're trying to find people in the same region that play Splatoon, this would be a great place to look. Also, the Midwest is one of the most forgotten regions of the US in the Smash Bros. community, and I believe MewtwoLucas (the creator of the group) wanted to make sure this didn't happen with Splatoon (and as you can probably see we're the biggest regional group on Squidboards, so that of course didn't happen)

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Will we be forming any squads for online ranked battles? How about any competitive squads?
imo we should, but I don't know how many of us already have prior squads and teams that we're on other than this. My thoughts.

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
imo we should, but I don't know how many of us already have prior squads and teams that we're on other than this. My thoughts.
Well I belong to two other groups (help manage 1), but they are much smaller; 15 and 22 members. It is proving difficult to get together for any kind of training/practice and we usually end up just doing casual ranked battles on random. Unfortunately, you can have B and C ranks and one A rank and get matched against quad S squads and just get pulverized and never rank up. It doesn't help went the opponents all have shiny and pure gear either! I believe that some sort of "plays" need to be discussed for the different stages and modes. Maybe a lot of people have already found groups to do that with. I for one have not to this point found a group to work closely with gathering information and ideas to form a squad to be reckoned with!

I'm definitely open to putting some work into it.

Lodestar_Valor

Inkling
NNID
Lord_Valor
We could try (and I believe we already have been a fair amount)

also as a response to:

I believe that some sort of "plays" need to be discussed for the different stages and modes. Maybe a lot of people have already found groups to do that with. I for one have not to this point found a group to work closely with gathering information and ideas to form a squad to be reckoned with!

I'm definitely open to putting some work into it.
If I get the time, although I'm currently not on a team/squad, I'd be willing to look into creating potential "plays" (that word doesn't feel right for this kind of game but I can't think of anything better)

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
Well then, I guess I will post here.

Anyone in this group interested in putting together a somewhat competitive squad; people interested in set times for training/practice as a team? Then, who knows what.

MewtwoLucas

Inkling
NNID
SMNathaniel
What is the purpose of this group?
As Lord Valor stated, my original intention of creating this group was just to gather all of the players in the Midwest together into one group, which is why it is listed as a region, rather than a squad for example. What actually happens in this group is entirely up to those who are in it. If you have an idea of something you'd like to happen here, make a thread about it. Most likely, at least someone else will like your idea.

MewtwoLucas

Inkling
NNID
SMNathaniel
Also, if anyone has something they'd rather ask in a DM, feel free to message either me or Lord Valor. Most likely you will get a response quicker from Lord Valor, but if he is for whatever reason unable to answer your question, defiantly feel free to message me as well, and hopefully I will have an answer for you.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Can we make a big skype group and use that to plan occasional squad battles? I think that'd be the best.

Driin

Inkling
Is this still an active group? Seeking other Splatoon 2 players in the midwest to play with. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom