• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Target Secured!" A Splatoon Fancomic

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Hey, hey, hey! Goont here. I've been unusually inactive lately....and college applications aside, I've been working hard on a Splatoon fan-comic. Aaand it's done now!

READ THE FULL COMIC HERE!
(Be aware that spoilers from Octo Valley single-player are in here.)

Waaay back in January, I began the penciling for this comic. Now I've completed the entire thing digitally, entirely in Vector graphics. (It scales and features no artifacts as a result.) I wanted to tell the story of the Octolings and give the enemies some emotion. I was really excited to see the Octo Expansion get announced, and as a result I think this comic ties into it pretty nicely. It's my tribute to Splatoon, for getting me to finally take my artwork seriously. Splatoon really got me to experiment with my artwork. I'm sure if you look at my older posts, you'll see some "lovely" sloppy squid doodles from years back. But I've been working hard to ensure that my artwork improves, and this was my way of putting it all to the test. I encourage you to give it a quick read. I'm welcome to any and all criticism! I'd love to hear your honest thoughts and how I can improve in the future when making comics.

Last edited:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Well this is better than anything I could have done XD
Thank you for reading! I would have said this same thing a year ago, but when I put my mind to finishing this comic, I somehow found a way. I almost gave up partway through, yet I powered through and grew so much as an artist. If you want to make something like this, it's always possible. Just start somewhere. I doodled rough sketches of the comic, then hand-drew it over a few weeks. It wasn't until after all that was finalized did I begin the tedious digital process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom