• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Team and Weapon Analysis social thread

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Most of you may be thinking what the best weapons, gear, or matchups/teams there are. By taking a look at what we have already seen it seems as though people have immediately jumped on the roller bandwagon, that's not a bad thing for starters. In fact its the same thing that happened when people discovered how OP little mac was when smash 4 was released, eventually people saw a way around it.

SO, What types of benefits do some of these weapons have? what are their weaknesses? Down below is a list I've made that breaks each weapons pros, cons, and overall use on the playing field

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ISN'T 100% ACCURATE INFO. THIS IS MERELY BASED OFF OF OBSERVATION AND COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

Lets start with the Roller

Roller: Uses/Pros/Cons
  • As an offensive tool it can kill in one hit when on ground, but when used to splat someone from a distance its not as powerful (distance kills once splatted 2-3 times depending on distance and location)
  • As a defensive tool The roller can be used to shield your team and create a path for them simultaneously
  • Roller players, when heading for each other can insta-kill both players
  • Roller players cannot easily get to splattershot Jr users due to the faster firing speed of the Jr
  • Rollers can get trapped by the ink in front of them when someone shoots the ground near thier feet (This has happened to me multiple times so I can confirm this and others might be able to)
  • Slow and hard to maneuver, but makes up for that with the massive power it has
Splattershot (normal): Uses/Pros/Cons
  • Balances out the long range of the Charger with the short range of SSJr
  • Covers turf quicker along with the use of bomb balloon things
  • takes longer to kill enemy but allows you to maneuver yourself
  • Depending on your position, like a high up place, you can cover certain areas below you faster than some weapons
Splattershot Jr: Uses/Pros/cons
  • Faster than the normal SS
  • Shorter range, so would be better for offensive purposes
  • If positioned in front of a roller player you have the advantage since you can kill them before they steamroll you
  • Short range spread is balanced out with the addition of ink bombs
Charger: Uses/Pros/Cons
  • Since the charger is basically a sniper you would expect for it to be a support class, which is true
  • When charging up you aren't able to move making you vulnerable but the shot you make is an insta-kill
  • Does not work well in close quarters since you can't move when firing
  • NESTS- Important part of Chargers is picking off other players. Nests are generally in high up places where enemies have to take their time aiming at you while you have a enough time for a direct hit.
  • Staying near your spawn area is key to keeping the enemy from spawn camping/trapping
So if you have any other things to add to the lists please feel free to discuss them. Also if you have any suggestions on what some good match ups for teams would be, talk about that stuff too.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I recall seeing someone say you can cancel a charged up shot from the Charger by turning into squid form. I can't confirm if that's true sadly since I forgot to test it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very neat, I can't wait to see all of the things the community notices. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom