1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Team Fortress II Thread: Squids and Mann Alike!

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by Aura, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Do you like Team Fortress II?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aura

Aura Infiltrator

Welcome gentlemen, to the Team Fortress II Social. Here you may enjoy some discussion involving TF2, which has been highly compared to with Splatoon. If you haven't already, go try it out! It's a fun game and I promise you- there's more to the game than just SFMs and GIFs. :p

I'm just gonna start off by saying one thing... How the hell is there no TF2 Social already!?
    [​IMG]
    I honestly expected this day 1- I waited it out to see how long it'd take, but no one made it still! Ah well... So I did instead. So... Yeah, enjoy yourselves.
    [​IMG]

2. Diableos

Diableos Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Diableos
    Hats.

To be honest, I love TF2 but creating a social thread didn't occur to me at all. Probably because this seems like this would be a general off-topic area but it's being dominated by other games. Either way, glad you made this thread!

We need a list of members here that have Steam. Maybe create a Squidboards group and host some events now and then?

3. Oni

Oni Full Squid

I really need to git gud at this game again. I used to be a pretty good player and then i didnt play for a year or three. good times. . .

4. Yaezakura

Yaezakura Pro Squid

I play a little TF2 almost daily. Wouldn't say I'm a comp-level player or anything, but probably better than average. Most played classes are Sniper, Soldier, and Demoman.

5. AEM

AEM The Saltsui no Hadou

I play this game a lot.

It's pretty fun.

6. TheGentlebro

TheGentlebro Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Gentlebro
    I played a lot of Scout and Medic, though it was more of a 'shoot needles at everything' sort of Medic.

7. Draayder

Draayder Inkling Cadet

I used to play alllllll the time but I've fallen out of practice recently. I mained the heck out of Medic, he was the only one I ever played competitively, but I liked playing Scout, Soldier, and Sniper too. It's a great game all the same and i still hop on every now and then when something ridiculous is going on, like the conga lines.

The conga lines are a blast.

8. Dr. Peace

Dr. Peace Full Squid

Same as Draayder I played TF2 a ton, heck it's how we met! I played Heavy/Demoman/Spy and we played on the Nom³ (or NomNomNom) server, which was intensely competitive and high skill level. Waaaay back in the Pros vs Pubbers event 5/9 Pubber players were taken from the server we played on, if that's a good metric at all.

I love it to death and just haven't had time to play it much recently. Maybe I'll get back into it at some point.

9. Aura

Aura Infiltrator

I played mostly Combat Engineer and Demoknight, with a side of Spy & Soldier. I miss those days...

10. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

Demoman da best

11. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

I don't play TF2 as often as I used to (mostly because I'm using a bad monitor currently) but it's definitely a very good game.

Medic confirmed best class.

12. Pivi

Pivi Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    HeroPivi
    I still play TF2 regularly, lately I've just been messing around with silly Nintendo themed maps and Robot Destruction, I used to play almost exclusively on 2Fort/Turbine but I'm really not good enough to be a good help to my team a lot of the time (probably because I only use a trackpad) so I just play on for funsies servers now.

I main Pomson/Gunslinger Engineer with a side of Scoot and Demo.
    TF2 is the only Shooter I really play because it's the only decent one that remains silly and isn't infested with 9 year olds playing on their parents' consoles.
    I hope tf2 helped me prepare for Splatoon since I would really like to play this game competitively!

13. Actilide

Actilide Inkling Cadet

I havent played TF2 in such a long time, would be fun to play it with some of you guys

14. Diableos

Diableos Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Diableos
    Can't have this place dying so soon, guys! We totally need to organise some games. If anyone wants to add me on Steam, just send a message my way. You can probably find my Steam just by searching my username, but it'd be swell to play with you guys.

FunkyLobster likes this.
  15. jp4464

jp4464 Jazzy Inkling
    Moderator Premium

NNID:
    jp4464
    Yo I haven't played TF2 in so long, definitely have to hop back on real soon.

FunkyLobster likes this.
  16. FunkyLobster

FunkyLobster Inkling Commander

NNID:
    FunkyLobster
    MATCHMAKING HYPE

[​IMG]

17. Diableos

Diableos Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Diableos
    I'm just praying it's not like MvM.