• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Team Shoal | Competitive Squad [Recruiting]

Puffin

Inkling
NNID
colton35

Hello, and welcome to Team Shoal.

We are a competitive Splatoon squad striving to reach the top. We were formed last August and have have steadily improved throughout our previously entered tournaments. Now, we are looking to rise even higher and become one of the best. However, we need more talent to do so. We are looking for talented players with a mindset for success and a positive attitude.

What to expect from us:
  • Regularly scheduled practices, tournaments, and scrimmages. In order to improve and get to know each others play styles we will have practices every week at least once. To practice for tournaments we will scrimmage around once every other week. Tournaments will likely be around once every 2 weeks as well but it's hard to predict their frequency.
  • A friendly but competitive environment. Above all, it's most important that everyone enjoys themselves. We are set up in such a way where it benefits the players' chemistry but also pushes them to achieve greater things. Positive relationships within the team is a necessity for success regardless of skill level. We will have casual discussion among players as well when we aren't practicing. Not only is everyone teammates, but above that we are friends.
  • Communication through discord. The competitive Splatoon community uses discord now almost exclusively. Our team server is on discord as well as the servers for tournaments. It's necessary for you to have a discord account and it is free as well as quick to make one.
What we require from applicants:
  • Minimum S rank. We understand rank doesn't mean everything but if you aren't S rank, you probably aren't ready for our squad.
  • Communication through discord and a good mic. You don't have to have a studio quality mic but if you aren't using a headset, the echo is annoying to everyone.
  • Motivation to succeed. If you are not motivated to become a better player and to do well in tournaments this isn't the place for you. We aren't expecting you to play every day for hours but you need to be dedicated
  • Frequent Activity. If you only come online to talk/play very infrequently you aren't a help to the team. You don't have to be playing every day of course but its important to stay committed. This expectation is able to be heavy altered if we are noticed before hand. We understand that people have lives outside of the game, but if you are consistently missing practices and tournaments for multiple weeks without notifying us, you will be asked to leave.

If you are interested, please fill this out via PM to me:
  • Rank in game (keep in mind you must be at least S to apply):
  • Age (we strongly prefer 14 or older but above all your other credentials matter more)
  • Main 3 Weapons (do not list more than 3. Its more important to have solid mains rather than constantly switching)
  • Previous Competitive Experience (if so, which team)
  • Time Zone

Please PM me the above format filled out if you wish to apply. I will do my best to respond to every one, however please don't apply if you don't think you fit the requirements. Once you PM me please reply to this post letting me know you have applied.

If you have any questions whatsoever don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

Thanks!​

Last edited:

Osiris

Inkling
NNID
gilby1969
Good luck, and hope to see you guys in the league or tournaments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom