• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Tentatek Splattershot Gear

EpicSonicLatios

Inkling
NNID
EpicSonicLatios
I’ve been primarily using the Tentatek Splattershot as my go to Weapon in all modes, and it fits my playstyle very well as I like to play up close to the opponent but also not have terrible range. I’m usually up front getting a good amount of kills, and I like to play at a fast pace. I’m still trying to figure out the gear combination that would work the best this this Weapon and my playstyle. Right now I’m running two mains of swim speed and one main of run speed, and I don’t really want to change those, but I’m not sure what the best sub abilities are. I was thinking some combination of ink Recovery, ink saver Main, and maybe ink resist or more run speed, but I don’t know what would work best. I would really appreciate if I could get some insight into this.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Sorry if this is late but I think your set up is perfectly fine. If you truly want to change however, I recommend two Run Speed Up mains since the weapon has good mobility and it lets you strafe easier. Ink Recovery Up is a good ability for pretty much every weapon, but Ink Resistance isn't too good unless if you stack it, which can be wasteful since the weapon is already good at inking.

So basically from most to least useful:
Run Speed Up
Ink Recovery Up
Swim Speed Up
Ink Saver Main
Ink Resistance Up

TooGoodMules

Inkling
I mostly play vanilla splattershot and splash (ttek was my first main pre inkjet nerf), but I think 1-2 mains of special power up are really worth it to make inkjet usable again. It makes getting 2 shots so much easier. You could try and go for a 2 splat bomb build but that is a lot of sub saver (some people like it though). Imo swim speed, ink res, bomb def, & special power up are probably my top 4 picks for that weapon. I personally don't find run speed or ink recovery make a big enough impact on the game to warrant wearing them but that is just my opinion. Also ink saver main is probably not worth it on a splattershot, they are pretty ink efficient already.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
I play very aggressively with the splattershot, so I usually run these abilities: :ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery:

Last edited:

EpicSonicLatios

Inkling
NNID
EpicSonicLatios
Thank you guys for all your responses. The real dilemma I’m having now is whether or not to add more run speed, because I’ve had conflicting responses on whether or not it is worth it. I guess my question is, if I had 3 subs or 1 Main extra of run speed along with what I have already, would I see a notable boost in performance in 1v1 firefights due to increasing strafe speed while shooting? And if not, would it still be worth it over extra ink Recovery, ink saver sub, or special charge up?

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
I'd say that you only need one main of run speed (if any). Run speed isn't as good in this game as it was in splat1.

TooGoodMules

Inkling
I don't know it's a personal pref really. I think squid strafing is better for winning fights than kid strafing so I would pick sub saver over run speed

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Thank you guys for all your responses. The real dilemma I’m having now is whether or not to add more run speed, because I’ve had conflicting responses on whether or not it is worth it. I guess my question is, if I had 3 subs or 1 Main extra of run speed along with what I have already, would I see a notable boost in performance in 1v1 firefights due to increasing strafe speed while shooting? And if not, would it still be worth it over extra ink Recovery, ink saver sub, or special charge up?
Three mains is the most you should have in Run Speed Up due to the nerf in its transition to 2. In 1 it was a 50% boost in run speed at max for all weapons but in 2 it fluctuates depending on the weight of the weapon I believe which averages to about 25%. I have perfect Run Speed Up hat/shoes and that's all I need for most weapons including Tentatek. The difference between speed isn't significant enough to use more than 3 mains.

Special Charge Up is a good ability I forgot to mention, it solves the insane amount of points needed, 1 main is enough imo since it's good at ink turf already and it's good at fighting.

Same applies to Ink Recovery up to what I said above, and Ink Saver Main isn't that helpful since it doesn't consume that much ink in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom