• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Tentatek Splattershot Loadout

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Before I start grinding to get this kit, what do you think? Anything I do or don't need?

https://loadout.ink/#000403894aa00528421ebb1ad

Comeback - Swim Speed Up - Swim Speed Up - Quick Respawn

Quick Respawn - Quick Respawn - Quick Super Jump - Ink Saver Sub

Drop Roller - Special Saver - Special Power Up - Special Power Up

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I think it would align with my vision of the ideal Tentatek b̶o̶d̶y̶ loadout. The only thing I would change is just one slot of sub saver for QSJ.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I would go for Special Saver main instead of Quick Respawn main. Special Saver gets greater returns the more points you put into it, up until 18 or 19, while Quick Respawn is most efficient at 3-6 points.

Replacing the two Quick Respawn subs with Special Saver but keeping the main would also be a compromise between more efficiency and the net respawn time, but Quick Respawn only kicks in if you don't get any splats since your last respawn, while Special Saver will always work.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
How does this look? https://loadout.ink/en-us/#000403894ac00629821ebb1ad

Do you guys think Drop Roller is worth it? Is Ninja Jump better?
I don't understand. Why would you only run a sub of QR? It practically has no value at such a small amount. The least amount people run is usually like a main and 2 subs, with the most being almost 2 pures (or 4 mains, if 3 subs is a main). I also play ttek alongside chargers and for reference, this is the build I most commonly use. Good for playing aggro and the special saver is nice, along with qsj. And yes, stealth jump is far better than drop roller, which is practically worthless because people will still be able to camp your jump and it's visible at all ranges. If there's one thing I wish I could fit in, it's some swim speed, but comeback provides some and I can live without it in general.

Also here are some of Erza's builds. I don't quite understand the lack of comeback in favor of another main of QR, but then again the most useful thing about it is probably the swim speed and maybe special charge so if that's something you can live without then go ahead and use more QR. I will say this, only running a main of QR feels pretty worthless, a pure feels like a pretty good boost, and more than that and you can really feel how much faster you respawn which is nice.

The last question I have on your build is why no qsj (suuuuuuuper helpful for jumping out fast and jumping back in so quick you get back into the action so fast), and why a sub of sub saver?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I don't understand. Why would you only run a sub of QR? It practically has no value at such a small amount. The least amount people run is usually like a main and 2 subs, with the most being almost 2 pures (or 4 mains, if 3 subs is a main). I also play ttek alongside chargers and for reference, this is the build I most commonly use. Good for playing aggro and the special saver is nice, along with qsj. And yes, stealth jump is far better than drop roller, which is practically worthless because people will still be able to camp your jump and it's visible at all ranges. If there's one thing I wish I could fit in, it's some swim speed, but comeback provides some and I can live without it in general.

Also here are some of Erza's builds. I don't quite understand the lack of comeback in favor of another main of QR, but then again the most useful thing about it is probably the swim speed and maybe special charge so if that's something you can live without then go ahead and use more QR. I will say this, only running a main of QR feels pretty worthless, a pure feels like a pretty good boost, and more than that and you can really feel how much faster you respawn which is nice.

The last question I have on your build is why no qsj (suuuuuuuper helpful for jumping out fast and jumping back in so quick you get back into the action so fast), and why a sub of sub saver?
I'm not very good at gear builds hence why I want some help by posting a thread.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
Adding on to what Mar$el said...

If you’re going to run any Quick Respawn you should definitely run at least one sub of Quick Super Jump.

The rationale is...

The first sub of Quick Super Jump reduces your super jump time by 0.40s, and it’s going to be active every time you jump back into the action.

The first sub of Quick Respawn reduces your respawn time by 0.39s, but it only activates on some of your respawns.

The diminishing returns are much more significant on Quick Super Jump than the diminishing returns on Quick Respawn (for example the 2nd sub of QSJ only reduces your jump by an extra 0.13s, whereas the 2nd sub of QR reduces your respawn time by an extra 0.36s). So you’ll want to stack far more QR than QSJ.

But basically if you’re running any amount of QR, use a sub of QSJ as well.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Adding on to what Mar$el said...

If you’re going to run any Quick Respawn you should definitely run at least one sub of Quick Super Jump.

The rationale is...

The first sub of Quick Super Jump reduces your super jump time by 0.40s, and it’s going to be active every time you jump back into the action.

The first sub of Quick Respawn reduces your respawn time by 0.39s, but it only activates on some of your respawns.

The diminishing returns are much more significant on Quick Super Jump than the diminishing returns on Quick Respawn (for example the 2nd sub of QSJ only reduces your jump by an extra 0.13s, whereas the 2nd sub of QR reduces your respawn time by an extra 0.36s). So you’ll want to stack far more QR than QSJ.

But basically if you’re running any amount of QR, use a sub of QSJ as well.
The point of all of this is to get back into the action faster, and to build on this, stealth jump helps with safety while jumping back in, and if it doesn't well good thing you've got enough QR to shave 2 seconds then more qsj to shave another half second and you're back in action. I personally prefer to have the second sub of qsj, some others don't.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Yeah looks good. I would still opt for stealth jump however. I pretty much explained why it works for jumping in, but I realize there's still the inkjet argument and rolling out of that. However, the theory behind inkjet landing points is it doesn't matter where you deploy as long as you kill anyone putting you and your team in danger. So the solution to not dying after inkjet is to simply kill anyone you see lol. Also drop roller doesn't really work all that well because even though you roll, you're not invincible and will still die at your landing point more often than not, at least the higher you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom