• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Testing out my new capture card with Splatoon

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So, last Saturday my Elgato HD60 card finally arrived. After learning how to work with not only that but also After Effects and Premiere Pro, I finally made this video to show off my work:
Note that I've used subtitles for this video, though I may consider doing post-commentary for any future videos (possibly because my intro already uses voice commentary). If anyone has any feedback and suggestions then feel free to let me know!

As an aside, I noticed that once my video got processed I had some copyright claims put on my video. Mostly, however, it's just Nintendo saying they're already monetizing the footage (so I apologize for any ads that might show up). Right now I have no plans to monetize my videos, so I'm not too worried. Just in case, though, I'd also like some pointers about dealing with those issues in the future.

Thanks for watching, and I hope to get another video up sometime!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Thanks!

So I've figured out how to record live commentary with the Elgato and make the commentary a separate track for editing in Premiere Pro. Of course, I feel that the recording was a bit loud this time so I did another session with softer audio that I'm currently editing as I write this. The content itself is more or less me fooling around in the Ammo Knights testing area, but otherwise nothing major. Anyway, here's the video:

(As an aside, I just wish I could record the GamePad as well so that I can show off things like how the teams I'm in function in battle.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom