• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

tf | Twisted Fate. Closed.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
What we are about:

We are formerly iK Splash. Now we are Twist of Fate. Just because. Anyway, we want to compete against other squads and improve on our skills. We scrim and practice occasionally.

Atmosphere:

Obviously, I want the atmosphere to be silly, but only when we are not practicing and competing. I like to joke around with my friends, but we want a serious atmosphere when we are focusing on getting good. We are dropping our past, and moving on to our future. This is why we have two skype chats, one for silly banter, and the other for serious discussion on scrimmaging, and practice. Basically, we are laid back in nature, yet competitive as well. Our next tournament we'll be competing in is Booyah Battle 2.

We recently have been re-organizing our structure to better reach our goals of getting good. Everyone should know our requirements by now. Yet, I will give a refresher:

Guidelines to follow:

• Be Respectful. Have fun.
  • Be positive. Number one thing we want is for you to have a strong mind. You can have great skill but can you keep up the pressure, when there is pressure on you? Do not ever give up.
  • Be open to change. We want people who can adapt, and we do not want one trick ponies. Some of us may only have one type of weapon or strategy, but we are still open to learning new things, and that's what we want to stress. Being open.
  • Be cognizant of your own play. We want you to put your pride at the door. As long as you are aware that there are many other players better than you, then you are already on a great start to becoming even better, because then you won't always blame others.
  • Be a team player. It is good to be skilled in this game, but do remember that this is a team game, and that the decision is decided on the contribution of the team and not only yours. If you consider four skilled players, working together perfectly, then that would be amazing.
  • Be in NA or EU.

A little bit about myself. I went by Ranmaru on smashboards, and played melee competitively for a few years. (Since 2007) Having some experiencing competing that, I have a better mindset when it comes to improving game when starting from nothing. I have little shooter experience, but have improved to the point of being in between ranks of A/A+. Let's move on.

Agenda.

• We will be practicing often with ourselves to improve our skills and learn call outs, three days a week.
  • We will be scrimmaging (and already have been) with other teams.
  • We will be recruiting any weapons. Chargers/Blasters/Rollers recommended.
  • Practice is Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 8pm EST.
  • We prefer rank B and up. We want players who aspire to climb up the ranks, and not float there.
  • We will compete in tournaments to test our skills. (It's quite sweet to be able to enter tournaments for free)

Staff and Members

Leader: @xCoCo
Co-leaders: @The_Nintendrone, @Jo_splatoon @Drez, @Trinitrotoluene
Members: @Average, @Scoot, @Melody, @Squiddlypuff,
@AzraelAsylum @doritos29 @Muffins @Dggames @kyuubi @SOUL KING @icewolf741 @Smash64 @redadil4

The Teams

Visionary:
@Drez
@kyuubi
@Trinitrotoluene
@doritos29

Subs:
@Squiddlypuff
@Muffins

Elementality:
@xCoCo
@The_Nintendrone
@AzraelAsylum
@mmmike

Subs:
@SOUL KING
@Dggames

The Medium

We will be using a combination of skype and/or Discord App. We are still open to new suggestions, and we are considering on getting our own TeamSpeak server. Things are not set in stone, but in the end goal we want a secure server for smooth competitive play.

Application

If you are interested in joining, apply here.

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
[bump]

Please don't be afraid to apply ( : We're still recruiting~

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Thank you very much! I'll look over it before I head off to sleep ♡

AzraelAsylum

Inkling
NNID
AzraelAsylum
I'm new to the forums but not to Splatoon. I submitted my application(maybe twice by accident). I hope you're still looking for people! :)

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
We will evaluate your applications shortly, thank you for applying. We are going through them all today.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
A few. Our team is still growing, due to re-organization. Once we get schedules straightened out we will form teams to practice and scrim, even join tournaments (therefore you will have a direct answer then). We will also go over people wanting to be main team members or subs.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Thank you all for applying <3 I'm so happy to see all these applicants!

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Open to applications for EU. NA applications are closed.

Oniric

Inkster Jr.
Just applied. Hope to be good enough for the squad. TF|Oniric sounds so edgy and cool, I need that. Kappa

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
We have been busy, and will be going over the recent applications tonight. (Sunday night) Thank you for being patient.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
PMs will be sent when I wake up! Thanks for applying|! Feel free to send some more~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom