• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thanks Miiverse

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I was starting to lose faith in miiverse today. Sure, there was some good art, but about half the inklings in my plaza were still saying the "Yeah if..." posts. I decided that less people were making quality posts to entertain people, and more people circlejerking for Yeahs. After all, a good thing like this does not last forever.

I was playing earlier tonight, when I started seeing all these love wins post. Curious on what it all was about, I looked up on Google to learn that (in the US) gay marriage was legalized nationwide. As a strong believer in equal rights for whatever gender, race, religion, sexuality, nationality, etc. I was excited. This is another step to a better world, and I was glad it had such a positive reception. Most of the miiverse posts I saw tonight were showing celebration, and this just shows how good our community is about it. Sure, many people might be yea fishing, but notice how many people are accepting, celebrating, and advocating (Miiverse graffiti told me the news) a once controversial idea. This just shows how people can go beyond a game and unite to show our humanity in real world issues today.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Some dingbat put a massive GoT spoiler in a Miiverse post that was then shown in my plaza - thanks kid.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Miiverse is very much a game of Risk vs Reward.

sometimes you get post like this

and then you get post like this

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
Some of the Miiverse posts make no sense at all and the ones that say "Give this and that a yeah if this and that" are.. quite annoying in general, hence I don't pay any attention to them, regardless I don't pay a lot of attention to Miiverse in general so I wouldn't know a lot to be honest.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
'Unyeah' still makes me laugh tbh. Anyways, you're not really forced to see the text posts since they won't show up as grafitti, obviously. In fact if you just use the touch screen on the pad you rarely have to go walking around the plaza.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Miiverse is cute with comments and drawings that can be quite funny at times. Unfortunately, having a decent social network is not selling Nintendo any consoles.

ikarius

Inkling
NNID
ikarius030
Yesterday was really a nice day in the miiverse, except for those "Yeah if..." which I don't see where it's a popularity constest, but whatever. I participated myself in the posting, posting two pictures myself as the equal rights directly affects me... ok here in Canada it's been a decade every since gay marriage is nationwide, but still... I was so overwhelmed by joy when I saw those people, from all ages and all different countries, so opened to the cause. It helps, specially when you feel alone in the world and your family rejected you for being who you are. Kindness of strangers does help and it sure did help a lot of people I know yesterday !

Oh, here are the pictures I posted on the Miiverse:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I love all the adorable drawings of gay squid couples~

Miiverse you are too cute today~

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
As a gay male, I found it more annoying than anything. Yeah man the fictional squid kids are going to get married because of a Supreme Court ruling in the United States. It also bothers me because I drew a picture of two interlocking male symbols that was deleted for being "sexually explicit" once upon a time.

The Miiverse mods clearly hate me. =,(

ikarius

Inkling
NNID
ikarius030
As a gay male, I found it more annoying than anything. Yeah man the fictional squid kids are going to get married because of a Supreme Court ruling in the United States. It also bothers me because I drew a picture of two interlocking male symbols that was deleted for being "sexually explicit" once upon a time.

The Miiverse mods clearly hate me. =,(
I didn't find it annoying personally, but rather cute ! It was the way for the people to demonstration support and appreciation. Art is art...

As for Miiverse mods, I can just agree with you. I mean, I saw really mean post yesterday saying that we are abomination of God and whatever (you know, the usual stuff), those don't get deleted, some did, but they are still some out there, believe me. But, If I was defending my opinion without insulting anyone's religion or whatever, I had my post deleted because I was being hateful against one religion (Worst I said is that the Bible didn't mention word for word that Jesus or God were against homosexuality). Looks like the mods might be really closed minded... I don't know...

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
Yeah! if you are good at following instructions! lolololol im so funny!!!

Miiverse irks me more often than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom