• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

ThatSrb2DUDE: How DUDE uses the GamePad (Handcam)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome. ThatSrb2DUDE, a Twitch streamer/YouTuber from team Paradise (formerly known as Squid Squad Spades), has created a video where he shows off his gamepad usage with some handy handcam footage!

For those of you that don't know, DUDE is one of the most competent players in the game right now and this video has been highly requested by his followers (including myself). Want to know how DUDE is able to pull off those quick turns so effectively? Watch here:

If you enjoyed his video, please consider hitting that subscribe button to show him support! You can also support DUDE by following him on Twitch as well.

For more fresh Splatoon content, be sure to stick around Squidboards!

Last edited:

Comments

One thing I noticed is that he moves his hands much less compared to mine. I should learn to use sticks and motion together.

Great video and gameplay as always. Definitely nice to show others how he plays.
Still don't know how he makes that way of holding the controller work lol, although my bro learned how and uses it. I prefer holding it like regular wii u games.
I honestly wanna name dude's way the "Bus-driver technique"

Last edited:
Great video and gameplay as always. Definitely nice to show others how he plays.
Still don't know how he makes that way of holding the controller work lol, although my bro learned how and uses it. I prefer holding it like regular wii u games.
I honestly wanna dude's way the "Bus-driver technique"
yeah why does he do it like that? is it more efficient or something?

yeah why does he do it like that? is it more efficient or something?
It is his way of reducing the amount moving parts necessary to perform movement in the game.
It's actually really interesting because I do something similar and wonder if he thought of this through prior experience in sports. In sports like basketball or tennis and many others, you want to reduce the amount of moving parts needed to perform the action, as this will mean you become more consistent at that task :)

It is his way of reducing the amount moving parts necessary to perform movement in the game.
It's actually really interesting because I do something similar and wonder if he thought of this through prior experience in sports. In sports like basketball or tennis and many others, you want to reduce the amount of moving parts needed to perform the action, as this will mean you become more consistent at that task :)
Thus making it easier to use slower sensitivity's.

Thus making it easier to use slower sensitivity's.
yep, that + your right stick usage as well. something i actually haven't really tried practicing with. I use it for certain situations but it moves so fast I never thought of actually getting used to it and using in my game. I do something slightly different but I may experiement with that right stick to compare.

Take notes from the man, ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom