• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The 100 Song Showdown - Video Games Edition

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
I wanted a forum games section, but since there isn't one I'll post this here. It seems like it's the section for anyhing video game related anyways.

I got the idea from the user Bossvelt in SmashBoards.

Video game music comes in many varieties. It could be from a boss theme, over world theme, credits, opening, character theme, etc. Each series has a different take of how they sound to fit the game and or make it better. All of us here enjoy music from video games, I'm sure, but we're here to see which one would be the last song standing after duking it out with 99 other formidable pieces of video game music.

This is how things will go down. I am going to use a RNG and place all 100 songs in 20 rounds that consist of 5 songs. You guys are going to rate the songs on a scale of 0-10. You can rate the songs with the same ratings if you want. Hell, if you dislike everything, you can give everything a low score. I just figure the 0-10 system works more than the other thing. At the end of the round, I'm going to divide the total score of each song by the amount of people that participated in the round. The 20 songs with the best ratings will proceed to the next round, which will then be narrowed down to 5, before a winner is declared in the final round.

Now, here's something that I'll need YOUR guys' help with. I want all of you guys to PM me your favorite video game music to fill up this list. It wouldn't be fun if this was just a list of video game music I and other select people like. I would prefer you guys send me 5-10 songs from video games in order of most favorite to the least. That way, if I get some repeats, I'll be able to work with it because I have more songs to choose from you guys. And please, when you send me a PM, no more than two songs from the same game/series. I want some variety in this showdown, so try to pick 1 song for each franchise and not like 5 from the same one.

If or when I get enough PM's to fill 95 songs ('cause I wanna choose 5 myself), I will show a spoiler that lists all 100 songs that were chosen and the rounds they're in. I will then begin round 1 for all of you to rate and stuff.

tl;dr version:
-you guys are gonna PM me the songs
-1 at the least and 10 at the most so choose wisely
-only 2 per series/franchise/whatever bc variety
-once i got 100 songs we begin
-the 100 songs are gonna be split into 20 rounds of 5 to be rated
-rate 0-10 (u gotta rate all 5 songs in the round obs)
-highest rated song wins
-rinse repeat for 20 rounds
-more will be said if we make it past that point

The songs will be revealed after there are 100 of them. We have 11 so far, still need 89 more!

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
Sorry for the double post, but it seems no one noticed this thread. I've had one submission so far, but I still need a lot more.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
We need to get some more submissions people, just copy a link to your favorite video game song (Youtube would probably be best) and PM it to Tepig2000. :P

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
I decided to reveal the songs only when we have all of them, as that is what was done in the Smashboards thread. So the songs aren't in the spoiler for now anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom