• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Art of Splatoon, English Edition in 2017

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
♪Yeppers, that's right!

Recently came across a Polygon article. Turns out Dark Horse is publishing a hardcover, English language edition of The Art of Splatoon artbook!

It won't be available (in the U.S.) until mid-June 2017, but at least Amazon has a page up for preorders. Street price is about $40 USD.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'll probably get it when it comes out! I love these kinds of art books.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Wonder if this will be updated with the latest weapons and gear from the Japanese version I have. Would be nice to have artwork for the grim range blaster, cherry, skull bandana, etc.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
No idea, but I hope so.

As for the price, photography and art books often command a solid starting price and can take a while to go down.

Also, Amazon Canada & UK have their pages up.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I have the Japanese version already. Now will the artbook acknowledge the other regions' Splatfests like the Japanese artbook acknowledged some NA and EU Splatfests or are they going to pretend we are in our own little bubble?

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
It's a pity, that there are almost no collectible items outside from Japan. Perhaps this is the reason, why this book is so expensive in comparison to the japanese version, which costs only 20$ on CDJapan.

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
Does anyone know, where I could find high-quality scans from the japanese artbook, which are bundled in a pdf?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Don't know. Maybe part of that price is due to translation/localisation, publishing, distribution, licensing etc.

If you ordered from CD Japan, the shipping cost would almost equal the English language market price, probably.

And don't know where to find a pdf version, give me a ping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom