• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The best stage for a charger?

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
What is the best stage to use a charger on, and what TYPE of charger? I really don't know this one.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Probably Moray Towers, but most commonly known as E-liter towers. Got your stage and charger all in one right there.

v0idStrike_squid-kid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dlb456network
Moray Towers, then Bluefin Depot. Moray is obvious, and in Bluefin, there's all kinds of spots for sniping. Keep in mind that I use Custom Eliter

KPMGSquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheMiiGunner
Moray Towers is definitely a good stage for almost all chargers I think... I don't use chargers though so I probably shouldn't be here

D

Deleted Member

Moray Towers
Bluefin Depot
Mahi-Mahi Resort
Port Mackerel
Hammerhead Bridge
Arowana Mall
Walleye Warehouse
Saltspray Rig

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Moray Towers is good for long range chargers (Splat Charger, Splatterscope, E-Liters) as long as you watch your flanks. My favorites would be Bluefin Depot, Camp Triggerfish, Mahi-Mahi Resort, and Arowana Mall.

Last edited:

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
As a Custom E-Liter main, I'm actually gonna say that Moray Towers is one of the worst stages for chargers because it's too good for chargers. So many people use chargers for that map that it's literally becomes a fight between chargers. It turns into a stressful Peek-a-boo match with the other team's charger that they WILL usually have. If I don't focus on the other charger the other team has for one second, I will mostly likely get splatted. Even though it was a great stage made for chargers, that causes it backfire and makes it just as terrible for chargers too in my opinion.

My favorite stages for the snipes are:
Bluefin Depot
Camp Triggerfish
Saltspray Rig
Mahi Mahi Resort
Walleye Warehouse

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
As a Custom E-Liter main, I'm actually gonna say that Moray Towers is one of the worst stages for chargers because it's too good for chargers. So many people use chargers for that map that it's literally becomes a fight between chargers. It turns into a stressful Peek-a-boo match with the other team's charger that they WILL usually have. If I don't focus on the other charger the other team has for one second, I will mostly likely get splatted. Even though it was a great stage made for chargers, that causes it backfire and makes it just as terrible for chargers too in my opinion.
Exactly , as a E-litre Scope main all I care about is ridding of the other sniper , THEN I can do something.
And usually their a Jpn (because S rank)player who are really good with sniper weapons) . you will see a sudden drop in my KDR if there is an enemy sniper

Ott

Inkster Jr.
I feel like Triggerfish is terrible for chargers. Too easy to flank. Bluefin and Moray are likely the best. Mahi-mahi is probably the worst. Too low, flat, and easy to flank.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I love Camp Triggerfish with the E-liter. So many perches and straights.
Bluefin Depot is rad with the Splat Charger and Splatterscope.
Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome are both fun with the unscoped Splat Charger. Loadsa snaps. Shoot through the grates in Kelp Dome.
Moray Towers ... I hate the steep downward angle. I'm a terrible shot at those angles. It gets good once I splat the enemy sniper and then stand on the edges of the ramps.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I'm actually gonna say that Moray Towers is one of the worst stages for chargers because it's too good for chargers. So many people use chargers for that map that it's literally becomes a fight between chargers. It turns into a stressful Peek-a-boo match with the other team's charger that they WILL usually have. If I don't focus on the other charger the other team has for one second, I will mostly likely get splatted.
Usually what I do is try to ignore the other sniper who's trying to hunt me down. Because if I'm spending the whole match trying to splat that ONE sniper, in a place where he's covered, I'm wasting time. So, I'll go down to the one crate by the zone and right peek through there, it makes the other charger want to get you, but he has to left peek to get the shot on you, so you'll win the match up most of the time. If not you could try to land a headshot when you guys are facing off in your snipes. The best option is to allow your teammates to flank him, and pressure him, while you get shots him for days. Just make sure you don't become too predictable whilst you do this.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I hate moray towers!(when others have a charger when I don't!) it's the worst!

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
The best? I think it's Moray Towers, if more than one possible answer in my opinion:
  • Moray Towers
  • Port Mackerel
  • Bluefin Depot

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
I'm going to say that Bluefin is the best charger map. Or at least the best E-Liter map.

A lot of people on this thread are saying that Moray is a good charger map, which is typical for one to say. But the reality is that having an E-Liter on Moray is actually a huge detriment to a team, especially if the other team doesn't have one. This is because if the E-Liter is taken down just once, which is VERY possible even on Moray, the game has ended for it. Once you remove it from its position, your team has enough time to get onto the enemy's snipe, wreak havoc on their side of the map, and essentially render the E-Liter useless. The E-Liter won't really be able to paint, and as such it's a 3 v 4 because it died one time, and it's not going to be able to do its thing anymore.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I think some of the best stages for me when I'm using a charger would be Camp Triggerfish and Bluefin Depot. While you have a greater chance of being flanked in Camp Triggerfish if you're not paying attention, sniping in the center part where the two sides are separated by that small gap can seriously be useful to your team. And you do sort of have to watch out if there's a sniper on the other team, but I don't really find it to be as much of a problem as it is on Moray Towers. As for Bluefin Depot, it has some really great out of the way perches. I tend to feel less worried about any opponent chargers on this stage and if you stay up around your spawn point over where opponents would need to walk over the grating to get to you, you definitely have less of a chance of getting flanked. You definitely need to watch out if you're on the level below that since there's three places in total the opponents can ink and get to you, but even then it's really not that much of a problem for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom