1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

The Bragging Thread

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by WispBae, May 30, 2015.

1. WispBae

WispBae Pro Squid

NNID:
    The-Wispy
    Com sho how gud u r, m80.

Nah, just kidding. Did great in a match? Wanna share a strat that you found dominates? Here is the place to do it!

I've been absoluely in kove with the Krak On Roller, and actually went 800p, 14-0 in one game on Blackbelly Skatepark. People love to sleep on flinging paint, it's almost always a 1 hit splat (inb4 Roller OP).

The strat I used that match was constantly harrasing the other team in their spawn while the other team took the map, being "bait". Rolling around until the saw me, if they had a low range weapon, baiting them into a fight, then sneaking away before popping back up behind them (map control is key for sneaking). Saved my Kracken for safely pushing into the base and saving myself in a bad spot (no damage will be taken, like the bubbler). The inflatable barriers are great too, since they can't be inked, great for safe pressure. Just be sure to always have an escape plan ready. When I would hide around a corner for someone chasing me, I would splat the wall next to me (if possibles) and hide in the wall, to see if they came around to attempt to catch me. Most opponents will ink the ground, but since you won't be there, if they haven't looked at the wall, it's a free, sneaky splat.

@Bottlecapn can confirm, we were on the same team that match!

2. praline

praline I'm ready!

I got 1782p 15-1 with the Krak-on Roller. I died literally when it went "1".

3. Boolerex

Boolerex Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Boolerex
    Everytime I do +1000p with splatcharger
    1782p? Wow the highest I got was around 1400p with aerospray

4. praline

praline I'm ready!

I just got incredibly lucky that match like I don't know how it happened.

5. GamingWarthog

GamingWarthog Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    GamingWarthog
    I got a triple kill with the blaster, granted the last one was a mutual kill, but it was still a net gain for my team.

swamphox likes this.
  6. Kris

Kris Senior Squid

NNID:
    Kristofuror
    Highest score I've gotten is 1658,
    My vibe meter at the end of the day was +18.0
    Highest KDR 10/0
    Average score is 1100 rarely get less than a 1000. :D I've even gotten 1300 on the losing side. <.< wish we would of won, I bet it'd been an epic score.
    Most games I typically hit 600 points at the 1:00 mark. I get usually 3 ults by 1 min.
    Best splat. Idk. i've had some really funny ones. :D my favorite are hiding in a wall with the ninja squid perk that doesn't let ppl see you move in ink. :3 they never see it coming.

My kills per game used to be a lot higher when I started. Now they are a lot lower. I don't focus on killing anymore, rarely I go out of my way, and most I avoid it/lure them. But I make sure I am constantly spreading ink like I don't notice them. Set a mine, and let them walk into it :3.

Right now my favorite weapon is the Aerospray RG. I also like the splatter shot jr. and .52 Gal. Right now I only care about points. I find the splatter spraying guns are the easiest to rack up points. Once I max out and hit lvl 20 and have bought everything in the store, I'll probably diversify and try charge guns, and what be.

dustmyte likes this.
  7. Astral

Astral Astral Finish!

NNID:
    AstralFinish
    I think the highest score i got was about 1450, I went 17-0 on Blackbelly Skatepark

8. WispBae

WispBae Pro Squid

NNID:
    The-Wispy
    Seems to be a trend of lots of splats on Skatepark...

Math likes this.
  9. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

I was proud of myself when I got 15-2 and over 1200p with the charger. Mainly because I suck with the weapon.

10. Boolerex

Boolerex Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Boolerex
    Just got a wipe with a triple kill from the killer wail and the last one killed with a splat charger shot.

We still lost through ; I blame my scrub teammate

dustmyte likes this.
  11. FuncDetail

FuncDetail Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    FuncDetail
    Score-wise, about 1220p...
    Kill-wise, about 16/2 or more.
    Percentage of covered area?
    [​IMG]
    This must have hurt for the enemy.

Mendax, Zebkeet and Soul Train like this.
  12. Forte

Forte Inkster Jr.

I keep getting the lead when it comes to my teams covering turf. I'm a reliable asset majority of the time. I don't focus much on kills, I focus on winning.

Zovnig likes this.
  13. DatGuyAegis

DatGuyAegis Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Tmoney670
    Get first when I'm with randoms. If you think your good join Imperious lounge and play with those fellas. They are good only time I dont come in first. But, Im still better then all you guys ;)

14. Bottlecapn

Bottlecapn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Bottlecapn
    I (almost) always score 1000+, but my best is probably 14-0 1486 with the Dual Squelcher. But that's taking into account kills and points. Kill wise, I went 16-1 with the Blaster, and Score wise I got a whopping 1717 with the Aerospray MG.

15. Kaliafornia

Kaliafornia Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....

NNID:
    Kaliafornia
    Dang you guys are impressive! My my best is 1416 with .52 deco. Most kills is 10 and I've only got 6 skills without dyin. I get highest kills with Krak-ON roller, consistently at least 7 each time. I only focus on killing when the board is pretty much covered and im deep in enemy territory with less than a minute, I figure at that point the best thing to do is stop them from being able to spray.

16. AnchorTea

AnchorTea Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    AnchorageTea
  17. RiDEL

RiDEL Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    RiDEL_Puff
    My brother went 20-0 with 1500 points and 96.5% map coverage on Arowana Mall using the Splat Roller. Ohh did I mention the other team consisted entirely of Chargers.

Zebkeet likes this.
  18. Joeyman

Joeyman Inkling

NNID:
    joeyman98
    I killed all 4 opponents with a single inkstrike once. It was more luck than anything that they all just happened to be in the same area at the time.

19. fenrir vii

fenrir vii Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    fenrir_vii
    @Locke and I, along with a guy named Joey (if you're here, sound out!) won in a 3 vs 4 match yesterday.

Locke was using one of the chargers, I was using Jr.. I forget what Joey was using but it was some Splattershot variant. Map was Walleye Warehouse and we had like 56% coverage at the end.

Amazing match.

Mendax and Locke like this.
  20. Boolerex

Boolerex Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Boolerex
    Got a wipe with the E-Litre in Urchin underpass during the start of the game ; literally 4 shot 4 kill.

21. Terabyte

Terabyte Inkling Commander

NNID:
    PokeBoy99
    I went 18-0 one time, but I have a feeling that it will probably never happen again haha. Point wise I think 1,400 or so is the most I've gotten.

22. Rosie

Rosie Inkling

NNID:
    RosieTheYoshi
    I'm positive that was the same game I played in! Do you remember having someone in your team called Roshi

23. Sigakure

Sigakure Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    martinengo
    This has been my best so far. I made one with 1481, but I lost, so it's kind of like 1781.

[​IMG]

#23 Sigakure, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  24. AnchorTea

AnchorTea Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    AnchorageTea
    There was someone named Toshi.

25. PerfektNerD

PerfektNerD The Villain You Need
    Premium

NNID:
    Perfekt
    Damn I thought I was good but I guess not. I have yet to break 1300, though I dominate most matches with the Krak-On Roller. Also love trolling with inkstrikes via the Aerospray RG.

Rockenberg likes this.
  26. JuddTheCat

JuddTheCat Inkling Cadet

Got a "oh baby a triple!" kill. Sometimes it's not a good idea to be grouped together like that.

27. PikaThePikachu

PikaThePikachu Inkling

NNID:
    Comite
    I've actually got a video of me going 22-0 on launch day in game with the .52 Gal in Walleye. I scored 1256p that game, too. It pretty much just involves me holding mid while my team pushes or supports the hold. Granted, quality is pretty bad cause of potato cam, but it's still watchable none the less.

(Audio is a bit off-topic and mature, btw.)

Mendax and Zovnig like this.
  28. NineWholeGrains

NineWholeGrains Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    xcrunner39
    I'm currently sitting at a 27.5 Vibe Meter. Does that count? :p

29. Bottlecapn

Bottlecapn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Bottlecapn
    This isn't really bragging, but I'd thought I'd let you know that I actually did get matched up with Andre from Gamexplain a few days ago! I'll upload a picture as soon as I find my phone!

AlsoDededork649, Mendax, Math and 2 others like this.
  30. Fightersword

Fightersword Good TOs are Capitalists
    Super Moderator

NNID:
    Fightersword
    Ah, I was wondering where this thread was.

I was going out on turf war Blackbelly skatepark yesterday, and did my usual rollout that puts me facing where their halfpipes from their base end (or begin from my perspective), which is usually where I like to set up shop early on so people don't go around us there and so I can also keep an eye to the right of myself and the big cylinder thing, while looking for openings and etcetra. So anyway, I just do my usual shtick there and rack up a few kills and keep us from getting flanked, and then the enemy team starts sending their ENTIRE lineup through there for some reason. So for about the second half of the match, my teammates are off doing something and I'm over here 1 v 4ing the entire enemy team on the choke. And they keep getting rekt over and over and over again until the end of the match, where I have some ridiculous kill score and 0 deaths. Their entire team just kept dying to me over and over. It was a squidicide. And then I went to play squid race to cool down from that epicness.

MeTaGross likes this.
  31. zmop

zmop Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    zorgmop
    yesterday i went 25-2 in bb skatepark with the e-liter i died twice because i was laughing maniacally at how silly it is and at long the range is on that gun.still managed to score 1,300 at the end being the top on my team. my trigger finger hurt after that though :(

32. WydrA

WydrA Inkling Commander

NNID:
    xWydrAx
    Think this thread is better suited for the multiplayer boards. It's not really made to promote particularly competitive discussion, just talk about multiplayer matches in general by the looks of it...

33. Marraphy

Marraphy Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Marraph
    I got 1501 with the Ink Brush yesterday, which might be my highest score as far as I can recall

I <33 the brush

WispBae likes this.
  34. Chiro

Chiro Inkster Jr.

The second day i've played, i scored 1321(1621 points if i won) points with Aerospray RG, but my team lost because some boy dcd :(
    My higest kill rate is 16-1/ 11-0 through(Rip Aerosprays vs Gals/Rollers/Krakens)

35. Chocoling

Chocoling Pro Squid

NNID:
    Mystical-Tabby
    There are times when the team starts to get pushed back so i say "to kracken shell with it" and charge ahead and paint whatever ground i can see recklessly - 7 out of 10 times that will win the match for us because it means they can also super jump beyond the rivals.

Zovnig likes this.
  36. Superjustinbros

Superjustinbros Pro Squid

NNID:
    AozoraJustin
    I think it was two days ago, our team was getting rekt on the Rig map, and somehow at the last second I painted enough to lead by .1%
    Then yesterday we were at the Port, getting ret again and remaining behind the other team like usual, but I invade the enemy's base and use the god-like ROF of the Aerospray to claim a large number of the opposing team's base, scoring a win.

SquishySquid and Math like this.
  37. Grafkarpador

Grafkarpador Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    grafkarpador
    I don't have an outragous score to show right now, but I saved the ****ing day in Ranked. Urchin Underpass. The match was very fierce and even and the zone has been constantly switching. Somehow though we were on the brink of losing - we had 20 or 30 seconds left on the counter with a bit of extra time, they had the zone and their counter was almost zooming over to zero, and to make things worse we all died simultanously. While my team mates fight back the front (the enemies were almost invading our space), I decided to stay back and quickly farm my special. I used my inkstrike on the zone, the enemy counter stopped on 4, my team pushes through and takes the zome. We get into overtime and could defend the zone long enough to take the lead and win.

inkstrike ex machina, bitches!

Mendax and Zovnig like this.
  38. JuddTheCat

JuddTheCat Inkling Cadet

I think I met TKBreezy, a awesome commentator in Smash, in Splatoon yesterday. He was level 20, and was really good.
    Hopefully he wasn't a impersonator.

Mendax likes this.
  39. CoopLan

CoopLan Squid Streamer

NNID:
    LanceHS
    A brag for someone else.

I had someone on the opposite team have around 1300 points, and they lost. I don't know how he got so much on a losing team AND without an aerospray. It was insane and that dude is awesome.

40. Cthulhu

Cthulhu Inkster Jr.

Got 1586 with the inkbrush, but my team lost somehow... coulda been such a high score D: