1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

The cute splatling hug

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by ReeSquidGig, Apr 19, 2016.

1. ReeSquidGig

ReeSquidGig Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Abanner
    I find it so cute how after you win a battle with a splatling, they hug the splatling and smile, its soooooo cute!!!

2. Captain Woomy

Captain Woomy Woomy Enthusiast

Yeah, it really is. I should go back to using splatlings just so I can hug it to death whenever I'm celebrating my victories. XD

ReeSquidGig, Slurmp, Mr. 9 and 2 others like this.
  3. ReeSquidGig

NNID:
    Abanner
    It is really cute, I wish I could smile while hugging a 100 lb splatling! :):p [Pain]

4. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

There's no deeper love than one between an Inkling and it's Splatling. Once you become a Splatling main you understand why ;)

Ansible, Slurmp, KungFu and 2 others like this.
  5. ⭐️Zapfish⭐️

⭐️Zapfish⭐️ Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    meggiemooshoo
  6. LMG

7. Snake_Joe

Snake_Joe Full Squid

--------------

#7 Snake_Joe, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  8. ⭐️Zapfish⭐️

⭐️Zapfish⭐️ Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    meggiemooshoo
    Lol yea

9. ReeSquidGig

NNID:
    Abanner
    I don't know which splatling to choose, too many varieties, too much patience.

10. LMG

In general here are my takes on the splatlings:
    • Mini Splatlings for close-mid range skirmishes
    Standard for general offense (like your standard shooter, run and gun with emphasis on gun)
    Zink for offensive support (help pushing, passing bubblers and disrupting enemies)
    Refurbished for duelist play (not much pushing, but just attacking and harassing inklings)
    • Heavy Splatlings for mid-long range general support
    Standard for defensive support (sit back and shoot from afar)
    Deco for supportive offense (mostly pushing with some ability to help out allies)
    Remix for area denial (make sure the enemy thinks twice before going in, and if they do go in make them regret their choice)
    • Hydra Splatlings for long range defensive support
    I haven't had much experience with the Hydras, but from their sets they pretty much both fill the same defensive support role in their own ways

KungFu likes this.
  11. jakeoti

jakeoti Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Wishsong214
    It is the moment where I truly identify with my Inkling; winning a match with the Hydra Splatling and hugging it. Speaking of which, it's Tower Control on Moray and Flounder right now....

Slurmp likes this.
  12. ilysm

ilysm Inkling

Can confirm that this is pretty much one of the main reasons why I play splatlings to begin with. Too adorable.

The way I see it, splatlings operate on this sort of spectrum. The heavy splatlings are in the middle, halfway between shooters and chargers. Heavy splatlings take a little while to charge but have good range and a good spread/damage output, so they're best for mid/long range support and combat. The mini splatlings are more like shooters than chargers; they're more conducive to faster movement and mid-range front-line confrontations because of their subs and quick charge time. Hydra splatlings are more like chargers than shooters; they take longer to charge but have lots more range, while offering pretty much the same spread. This makes them good for long-range support (especially on maps with long sightlines) in a manner similar to chargers. But I feel like it's good to try a lot of them once you get comfortable with one, so you have flexibility in a variety of different roles.

Green Waffles likes this.
  13. Green Waffles

Green Waffles Inkling Fleet Admiral

The heavy, no matter the varient, is the splattershot of splatlings.

You can do whatever with any splatling, so long as you have the aim for it.
    I would probably benefit from playing more mini/heavy splatling, as I tend to want to rush in and catch the enemy off guard whenever they are vulnerable enough, as these two are faster in every aspect for such encounters...
    but I personally just love the superior range, POWER(I still don't understand why they buffed the damage of the highest dps gun in the game, but I ain't complainin' ^_^), and (most importantly) super sleek metal look of the hydra over the other splatlings. It's a good feeling when you know your opponent is stunned while respawning from a close-quarters hydra ambush =P=P=P

And, of course, custom hydra has the sprinkler =D

ReeSquidGig likes this.
  14. ReeSquidGig

NNID:
    Abanner
    :) I love the heavy splatling, it's fun to use

15. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Inkling Commander

NNID:
    BattadaBeast
    I LOVE the hydra, the spray duration, and the range are too impressive to give away. It's so good, whenever I use a heavy splatling, it seems pathetic and weak. Don't even get me started on the mini splatlings, I literally think that the spray duration lasts less time than when I blink. Still, they're all great weapons with impressive range and firepower.

Still, I'm a sniper main, the mortal enemy of all splatlings, as I outrange every one of them and out damage them with an impressive one-shot. And, yes I've killed hundreds of splatlings through my scope. mwah hahaha....

16. ReeSquidGig

NNID:
    Abanner
    I love using the hydra splatling for tower control, well, splatlings for anything... :):):)

I think the best effective ability to use for a splatling is damage up, so you wont have to keep circling the same squid over and over again trying to hit them.

#16 ReeSquidGig, Feb 24, 2017
    Lasted edited by : Apr 17, 2017
  17. LMG

I always used Ink Recovery Up so I wasn't out of combat for too long. Aside of that, I found some success with Haunt. In general I didn't find Damage Up that useful considering the Splatling's insane output (they already splat faster than most shooters)

18. Mikaya

Mikaya Inkling Cadet
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4841-8448-2209
    It's one of my favourite victory animations. So adorable! Showing their fangs makes it even cuter. I use the Zink/Refurb Mini Splatlings which aren't too massive for the Inkling to hug. xD

19. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Tsuchinoko
    When I first saw that hug animation I thought it was the best one in the game. I hope they do something similar in the second one. It also made me glad that my favorite weapon wound up with my favorite animation too.

Mikaya, Slurmp and Mendax like this.
  20. Mendax

Mendax Pro Squid

NNID:
    hazzahbazzah
    On a similar note, I've fallen in love with the Splat Dualie post-battle animations for Splatoon 2.
    (They, along with the other victory/defeat weapon animations for Splatoon 2, can be seen here.)

Tsuchinoko and Slurmp like this.