• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Well folks

This is it. Dead Sea 2: Electric Boogaloo is coming out as fresh as can be for Splatoon 2.

Same rules as the first, vent, discuss, but keep it clean and don't go too far. Salt is pure and a disinfectant, after all.

Have at it folks, and stay salty.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
No one should be afraid to let some salt go in this thread. I honestly think being able to write down my frustrations in the original salt thread helped me calm down and move on much quicker.

Plus it's always good to see what is troubling other players, so I can commiserate with them if I am suffering from the same issue, or keep an eye out for whatever is giving them trouble as I play.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
I'll start.

I'm terribly salty right now
I got double-charged on the Eshop. I hope this won't be a hassle to get the money back from :s

But I'll be in and gathering a healthy supply a salt for the thread soon enough.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I'm not salty yet, but I know I will be super salty when I force myself to learn motion controls later today. F bombs will be the only thing I can aim lol

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Not salty, but I always find myself with the Splattershot Jr during high tide. Can't see **** when the rain special goes off.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Salmon Run has jacked up my sodium levels significantly a few times already. The boss that makes it rain green ink is a giant PITA when paired up with almost any other boss...that area of effect is FREAKING MASSIVE. Nerf please...it doesn't need to cover 1/3 of the battlefield.

I feel like the enemy sting ray has FAR more responsiveness than our own sting rays =P

Also there is always ONE dummy who isn't paying attention to the random water rising event and drowns before the salmon even come out (Okay I am not really salty about that...it's kind of funny)

But while we are on the topic of team mates. I love when I solo 2 bosses and there are 6 golden eggs to collect and I spam "THIS WAY" 99 times and the other 3 are derping around, playing with each others tentacles for 30 seconds accomplishing nothing. I feel like some of these people are handing their 3 yr olds the controller...

MORE on my "team mates"...when it is night time and the salmon are charging viciously...don't be stupid and play by the shore lines. Get on the high ground, preferably backed into a corner. They will not be able to get to you...if I can pick up on this after a single night event, so can anyone else.

I think that is it for now....

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Well, after playing for a decent bit

I have to say, I'm not really annoyed more so..disappointed. It doesn't look like the Inkbrush made it in at all, and I really hate using the octobrush so I guess I'll need to figure out a new weapon or two to use.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Happy Birthday, Self, here's a game you can play approximately half of!

I'm really hoping the problem is server cloggage due to it being release day, because if I can't get online (aside from posting screencaps, lol) by way of my hotspot I'm pretty much boned. At least until next April when our ISP contract runs out and we can hop to another one :T

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Another dash of salt from me...so...Salmon Run. Oh I like this mode so much. The half ignorant player base? Not so much, but it isn't entirely their fault. See, the game gives you a tutorial that makes you fight every boss...heh, excuse me, "every" boss. No...it misses a couple. Now, the fryer isn't a big deal, but people still seem to have no clue what to do at night when they have the flies....but even worse, is that STUPID UFO event. Not only can some of the weapons not easily hit those annoying things that drop the eggs, but most of the team doesn't understand the mother ship STEALS EGGS. Now, I think this problem will go away as a majority of the player base begins to understand how each event works, but for now, it is a headache.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Another dash of salt from me...so...Salmon Run. Oh I like this mode so much. The half ignorant player base? Not so much, but it isn't entirely their fault. See, the game gives you a tutorial that makes you fight every boss...heh, excuse me, "every" boss. No...it misses a couple. Now, the fryer isn't a big deal, but people still seem to have no clue what to do at night when they have the flies....but even worse, is that STUPID UFO event. Not only can some of the weapons not easily hit those annoying things that drop the eggs, but most of the team doesn't understand the mother ship STEALS EGGS. Now, I think this problem will go away as a majority of the player base begins to understand how each event works, but for now, it is a headache.
The game DID just come out today. Settle down, Beavis :p

climbintospace

Inkling
I am salty about the Stingray and the Splat Charger itself. I used to be a charger main, but the one I am stuck with until level 24(!!!!!) is annoying, especially in Turf Wars. I can see the Stingray be useful in TC or Rainmaker (&Salmon Run), but besides that it's a garbage special which accomplishes nothing.
In Splatoon 1 the chargers unlocked much earlier and there was the Squiffer and Bamboozler ontop of that, but the thought of being stuck with this one type of charger until level 24 is making me salty as ****.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
The game DID just come out today. Settle down, Beavis :p
It makes me salty because I figured out what was going on in seconds, I would expect the same of others XD It sucks to lose not because you got over ran, but because half the eggs you brought to the basket were re stolen >.<

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Within the first hour I already met someone I should block. Maiden venture into Salmon Run and by the middle of Wave 2 one of my coworkers decides to just sit in squid form at base while we do the work.

Middle management material that one...

He only tries to help out near the end of Wave 3 after we got missile spam wiped one-by-one. And even then all he did was just lob grenades down at us while we pleaded for help.

Of course we lost!

At least the second group was better. I taught them to booyaj. We paired up in teams. Called out when we found a boss. Went way over quota. And tried to teach them to victory squidbag. All three of them jumped up and down in kid form instead, but one of them eventually figured it out.

Damn, new players can be adorable!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Only a teensy tiny bit, but I may as well stay on top of my regular desalinization routines.

T'was a rude awakening in C- rank that the signal "this way" does not mean anything to most new players, unlike back in spla1 S rank
"ALRITE ye salty squits! We're up by 1 squid and 2 specials to zero, CHARGE!!!
. . . or just paint walls in base while I push the objective alone, that's cool too .-."

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Also there is always ONE dummy who isn't paying attention to the random water rising event and drowns before the salmon even come out (Okay I am not really salty about that...it's kind of funny)
The funnier thing is.. three of us did that because I had no idea it just happened, and then the fourth guy just booyah'd us and then died to some tentamissiles. Not a single egg. Not even a regular egg. The worst run ever, literally.

I will saythough, I had no idea how much the Slosher relies on ink resist up without the burst bombs. Like I was struggling and dying as much as I killed early on because I went without it, and then when I put it on it all became so easy, half the time I didn't even die once.

And I disagree with the stingray, if you know how to use it it's pretty effective. Just don't hold the button down or you'll never get anyone, and if someone's after you you can always swim away. I assumed from trailers and early gameplay you were locked into most of these specials but no you can swim away with stuff like bomb launcher and stingray still active.

I'm gonna have to get used to some weapons having certain bomb subs and having different bomb specials though, it's weird.

But my favourite thing so far is moonwalking tentamissiles who can't find anyone to lock onto and end up slowly dancing around in the middle of the field.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
The funnier thing is.. three of us did that because I had no idea it just happened, and then the fourth guy just booyah'd us and then died to some tentamissiles. Not a single egg. Not even a regular egg. The worst run ever, literally.

I will saythough, I had no idea how much the Slosher relies on ink resist up without the burst bombs. Like I was struggling and dying as much as I killed early on because I went without it, and then when I put it on it all became so easy, half the time I didn't even die once.

And I disagree with the stingray, if you know how to use it it's pretty effective. Just don't hold the button down or you'll never get anyone, and if someone's after you you can always swim away. I assumed from trailers and early gameplay you were locked into most of these specials but no you can swim away with stuff like bomb launcher and stingray still active.

I'm gonna have to get used to some weapons having certain bomb subs and having different bomb specials though, it's weird.

But my favourite thing so far is moonwalking tentamissiles who can't find anyone to lock onto and end up slowly dancing around in the middle of the field.
Yeah this game is gonna create many amusing memories. Far as the sting ray, I am sure some people can use it very well. I think in many games like this, there are certain classes of weapon or character that only a small handful of people can get any real use out of. In this game, I think chargers and the sting ray take the lead there =P I think those weapons should be left to the very capable minority. I personally LOVE the slosher. I am pretty stacked with ink savers right now, and it seems to be working out fine. Can't wait to unlock the tri slosher.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Is it just me, or do the stores have like no options? Okay, I bought gear yesterday, waited until midnight to see my new selection... of basically the same exact 15 items, give or take a few. I know there's a lot more one-star gear than what I've seen, both in stores and in battle, and it has been confirmed that everything is returning... unless 90% of the gear is Splatnet exclusive...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom