1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. Nintendo has officially revealed their new console, previously codenamed NX! It's called the Nintendo Switch and they've announced Splatoon 2, coming this summer!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

The Dead Sea- Let the salt go

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Discussion' started by OmegaDivider, Jun 1, 2015.

1. OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider Squid Sisters Fanboy

NNID:
    OmegaDivider
    Well, with the opening of Ranked I thought this would be -perfect-

Let the salt go. Complain about everything and anything multiplayer. Hate gun X? Let it out.

Hate lagging rollers? Let it out.

Don't go overboard, of course. Keep the salt content healthy.

I'll start.

I'm utterly sick and tired of seeing Jrs/Aerosprays everywhere. I would love some weapon variety. Both Turf War and Splat Zones (so far) seem to be filled with them. Its already boring and annoying.

Ansible, [EJ]_Locke and Toadie like this.
  2. Cuddlefish

Cuddlefish Pro Squid

NNID:
    Anastas
    I'm utterly sick of people underrating the Charger.

The_Devious, priMe, Hootie and 3 others like this.
  3. Mataata

Mataata Inkling

NNID:
    Mataata
    I just want to play the game for once. Online refuses to work no matter what I do. It's even worse than not owning the game to start with.

ReedRGale, Kbot, ZestyN and 1 other person like this.
  4. Starbound

Starbound Inkling

I really want ranked battles with friends. Providing that the friend is at the Level 10 requirement, I don't see why it would be an issue,

Splat Zones are so much fun and it'll be hard to go back to turf wars after a while, but turf wars are the only way I can play with friends.

5. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

My friend brought his Wii U over and was trying to set it up at my house, but he kept having connectivity problems. He said it messes up sometimes if the network you're trying to connect to isn't set to your default network. Have you tried that?

6. Beariie

Beariie Full Squid

My only gripe with this game so far are the Machine guns. Low Risk, High reward kind of thing.
    -Easy to use, some of the best specials. (InkStrike, Shield)
    -Homing grenades also?

I feel like it should have been the charger who got the ink strike and homing grenades, while machine gunner got grenade frenzy and inkzooka.

Drez and Math like this.
  7. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

I never really thought it was fair that the specials charge up based on ink spread. That means that weapons that don't spread a lot of ink (like the chargers) have a pretty tough time getting their specials to go off, and sometimes they aren't even worth it, but meanwhile the krak-on roller spreads a ton of ink and it activates the broken kraken about a million times a game.

Brie_no.20 likes this.
  8. Fightersword

Fightersword Good TOs are Capitalists
    Super Moderator

NNID:
    Fightersword
    Krakens. not even because I have trouble dealing with them. No, it's the opposite. they'be become boring to deal with. oh hurr durr let's swim away or in a circle or whatever for a few seconds then I'll kill you just so I have to do it again in another half a minute because you rely so heavily on the god damn kraken. I literally had people who wouldn't commit to anything or try anything except for pushing out with the kraken. Like I can easily swim away from you, so why are you even bothering? Do you just want to die in a different place? Smh. It gets really damn old seeing them do the same thing a million times in a row.

9. h.JC

h.JC Inkster Jr.

The lack of even basic bots like the Octolings in story mode. My network has some connection problems, and it frustrates me knowing that I let down my teammates several times per session in what are otherwise close games.

My mobility also needs work. I often leave just enough uncovered at the top of a platform to require me to shoot, fall, and climb back up, wasting time. I've also been just slow enough to fail to save a teammate from a grenade he didn't notice with my Bubbler. Other times, I lose fights heavily in my own turf because I either don't squid around properly or go into squid too early instead of shooting.

Basically, this all combines to sometimes make me feel like a liability to my team. I still have a blast with it, though.

10. Beariie

Beariie Full Squid

Well, i dont think charges have that much of a hard time spreading ink. I used the kelp one for a full day and the sprinkler helped a ton. Its even better when a map has a ton of linear pathways.

Lol yeah, the Kraken is pretty broken atm. Invincible ink spreading machine. The only argument i could come up with it is that a roller requires a more, in your face style so it helps a bit more then Killer Wail, but they could really ton down on it a bit.

11. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

I feel like the simplest way to fix the kraken programmatically would be to just make it really slow? It's basically a bubble, but you spread ink as you move and it also lasts for way way too long, so it outclasses the bubble immediately. What's with that?

12. Beariie

Beariie Full Squid

Bubble is a skill that can be given to teammates you touch though. I think thats why it is shorter and you can still use your gun.

Making it slower could work though. Does that Swim speed boost effect it?

13. Fightersword

Fightersword Good TOs are Capitalists
    Super Moderator

NNID:
    Fightersword
    just swim away. it won't catch you. you can also share the bubble, don't forget.

Note: I do have one swim speed on, so that may be why I have such an easy time just escaping. But I was also a TF2 scout main, and running away when things start to look unfavorable is in our blood.

but people love trying to abuse it. and it gets just so boring and repetitive to deal with. it's not an instant win button ya' scrub kraken spammers, so enjoy your kiting and the ink to the face when you're stranded in my territory after you chase me while I'm sing "run away run away run awaywayway" over and over.

14. PolarisAegis

PolarisAegis Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    kirbyfreek33
    The amount of skill required to be successful with a charger compared to a jr, aerospray or other fast shooter is completely ridiculous. When you are basically dead for missing one shot and you have a limited range, I don't see why the uncharged shot has to be so damn weak. Splat zones just exacerbate the issue on some maps where you just aren't going to have a chance to do anything because who needs actually skill-required weaponry when you can spray everywhere without a care in the world and do massively better.

OmegaDivider and Beariie like this.
  15. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

Not sure if swim speed affects it but there's a special weapon time booster ability, so just thinking about that gets my tentacles in a bunch.

(Krakens also take away a lot of the rollers inability to get up ramps and slopes, which I don't like just because I've been defending ramps and thought I had a roller sitting underneath for me to splat but then it turns into a kraken and splats me instead, and then takes my ramp.)

16. Beariie

Beariie Full Squid

+1000 to this. I dont know if the trail hits and does damage or if you need a direct hit also. (Mines have always been direct hits for kills).

Also a tad hard to hit swimmers since shots will just travel over them sometimes.

I would love that ability for Killer wail lol. But thats something a kraken doesnt need.

Surprised he didnt just throw his ink at you lol. Sometimes thats a instant kill, not sure how.

17. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

The salt was unreal

18. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

Also this made me super mad. I was on the pink team in this match and we lost.

Attached Files:

19. Beariie

Beariie Full Squid

Ouch lol how much did you lose by?

Another thing that rubs the salt in. Your in the enemy base inking it up as spy, all teammates jump to you leaving your base uncovered. This just happened to me :(

20. Bobtail

Bobtail Inkling

I don't remember I think I just blacked out for a minute in shock.
    I started a thread about it just now because it occurred to me that more people probably have horror stories.

21. Alus

Alus Senior Squid

NNID:
    starsauce
    This isn't multiplayer but,.,

That feel when:

You spent all your money in the shops and then you remembered you ordered something for spike, you check it out and the price is like 30,000 and you have like 2 hours before the next day.

22. TeddyBearYoshi

TeddyBearYoshi Squid Savior From the Future

NNID:
    FurryRedPanda
    Bad teammates in Ranked = horrible. :(

Mendax likes this.
  23. OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider Squid Sisters Fanboy

NNID:
    OmegaDivider
    Not so much something that makes me salty, it really is just annoyed.

People calling ranked competitive.

Oh, one thing that makes me salty though, Lagging Rollers. I kill them, then the squid whose back I just pumped with ink somehow splatted me from beyond the grave. Lagging chargers are just as bad x-x

The Salamander King, Splats and Alus like this.
  24. DaisyFan

DaisyFan Pro Squid

The motion Control.

25. Lazy Titan

Lazy Titan Inkling

NNID:
    Simboyc100
    Try to stay out of the way of chargers.

Not all of you may know this but you can't walk or shoot through friendly players, and nothings more irritating than getting body blocked by your team just before serving up a fresh dish of calamari. Especially when they get you splatted by the person your trying to pick off, because your team blindly walked in front of them.

#25 Lazy Titan, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Alus likes this.
  26. Chocoling

Chocoling Pro Squid

NNID:
    Mystical-Tabby
    - Ink lag is annoying but iv learnt to put up with it, it will spawn in eventually.
    - AeroSprays are everywhere and its getting unfair.
    - People who just want to kill are. the. most. annoying. (PAINT YOUR TURF, NOT ME).
    - Team mates rocketing off ahead when the spawn is dry and clean... i am the house painter on my team most of the time.

OmegaDivider and Lazy Titan like this.
  27. Howl

Howl Pro Squid

NNID:
    SilverHowl
    Teammates that super jump to teammates that are in the middle of a firefight. I don't understand the logic.

28. Crucifigo

Crucifigo Pro Squid

NNID:
    Crucifigo
    ohhh **** lemmie go to the chip shop i'm gonna have salt on everything

JESUS SQUID PEOPLE USE YOUR SPECIALS PROPERLY

whenever i see someone using a splash wall or something wrong i just ugghhhhhhh idc if they're on my team or not IT IS FOR CHOKE POINTS NOT THE MDDLE OF THE MAP WHERE YOU CAN WALK AROUND IT

also like nobody uses bomb sniffer shoes and i'm the only person on my team who doesn't walk into mines

Chocoling likes this.
  29. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Litagano
    I feel like people sleep on the Charger because it's not that great for Turf War, which was the only gamemode available at launch. It's much better suited for Splat Zones. I was using it yesterday and I freaking rekt people with it. Either I was good or the enemy team sucked, but I'm thinking it's more of the former.

It's great for holding enemies off the point and capturing it from a distance.

30. Albatross

Albatross Senior Squid

NNID:
    Zacrowski
    I'm getting sick of people who don't use charger saying it can't spread ink when it easily can. Thank god aerosprays are mediocre from what I've seen in Splat Zones and Chargers excel tremendously.

31. Terabyte

Terabyte Inkling Commander

NNID:
    PokeBoy99
    Making dumb choices that end up killing me. Sometimes I just lack common sense and super jump where I'm surrounded or something.

Also when my teammates are just plain terrible, like thanks for nothing! .o.

Getting surprise splatted by rollers is also annoying but eh. :b

Being way in the lead on either Turf War or Splat Zones and then somehow the other team miraculously catching up isn't so fun either.

Mendax, Hootie, Malamink and 3 others like this.
  32. JuddTheCat

JuddTheCat Inkling Cadet

Team mates not shooting the Zone in splatzone.

AC_Decoy likes this.
  33. Chocoling

Chocoling Pro Squid

NNID:
    Mystical-Tabby
    so many times, like - we were winning! how did we get pushed back to base!?

Terabyte likes this.
  34. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

Playing with Japanese people gets more and more annoying each day. Not because I have something against them, but because of the awful lag. I am tired of killing other players just to be killed by their ghosts just a few seconds after. u_u

ayyumeme and Howl like this.
  35. UnnecessaryTodd

UnnecessaryTodd Full Squid

NNID:
    UnnecessaryTodd
    I feel like I do a large amount (if not most) of the work in terms of actually defending the splat zone and cutting off paths and reclaiming them if lost, but my non-focus on kills always ends with me on the bottom of the 'team ranking' and it's a little disheartening.

36. Toadie

Toadie Inkling

And this subsequently means very few points for those who use chargers. There should be some way to balance this otherwise chargers will be redundant. I've tried hard to play with these weapons but alot of the time running and gunning with rapid fire spray weapons seems to get you the most points and thus XP.

Mainly Jr Splattershots and Aerosprays are grinding my gears at the moment. Some weapons really need a good balance. Chargers more so than others, especially with how quick someone can move.

37. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

Once you get to Lv. 20, there is no point in caring about points. The fact chargers don't get as much points as other weapons (usually) is hardly an issue.

38. GamingWarthog

GamingWarthog Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    GamingWarthog
    Let me review some of the stuff I've seen in ranked.

-Someone on my team used an inkstrike on the enemy base. WHY! WHAT THE HELL CAN YOU POSSIBLY GAIN FROM USING AN INKSTRIKE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ENEMY BASE, IT WAS NOWHERE NEAR THE SPLAT ZONE OR SPAWN POINT.
    -There was a Kelp Charger on my team who wasted time splattering the base while the enemy controlled the Splat Zone. B**** Killer Whale is good but it ain't that good, just throw down a Sprinkler and get moving. People who put way too much focus on their special in Splat Zone in general are irritating. No special is worth giving the enemy control of the Splat Zone, or not contesting the Splat Zone when the enemy does control it.
    -Superjumping to somebody only to realize in horror the rest of my team did the exact same thing and we all died before we could split up. More bad timing than anything else, but really annoying.
    -While I was climbing my way of out of C- I had to deal with a guy ranked A-. What the @#$% is a guy ranked A- doing in a C- lobby. Winning matches was even more luck based than usual thanks to that added variable of a player who was better than all of the C- trash (once I broke out of C- I was able to quickly jump up to C+ thankfully).

39. pixelatedcody

pixelatedcody [S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]

NNID:
    cncody
    I really want region based matchmaking. I don't want to play with people from outside my region, ping is a big issue- sometimes you die after you kill someone and they kill you 5 seconds later (while they are still dead), sometimes you get a spike and can't shoot ink. and the connection errors are pretty annoying (ranked battle seems to have virtually none of this, I've only had one no spray ink spike so far and I'm B- ). Ranked with friends would be nice, too often I either am forced to carry, or play outside my usual playstyle because my other teammates just don't understand good vantage points and choke spots. other than that. those are my only gripes. Things that kill you that you really can't control. This new small patch (the software update) seemed to fix it a little bit. so I hope Nintendo takes strides to make it better for everyone (not everyone has lag issues. it really varies.)

:cool:

40. isk

isk Inkling

I loved all the maps in this game, now theres Port Mackeral.

Getting owned by noobs with Kraken-Roller or Bubble. But I guess thats on me.