• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Octo Valley, a place that was originally peaceful, save for a few conflicts with occasional Inklings coming in. However, one day, the Crimson Octarians decided to take over lands that wasn't theirs in order to build their army, not giving a single thought to the inhabitants of said lands. One of said inhabitants were the Ringed Octarians, who were a relatively peaceful species, went to war against the Crimson Octarians to be able to keep their lands, as a result, the Ringed Octarians became an endangered species, now they rely on their Octolings to save the species from extinction.

A Ringed Octoling and a Ringed Octotrooper barely escaped being caught, as did a lot of others of their species.

Clam: We almost got captured. *holding a map of Octo Valley's underground network in his tentacle.*

Coral: I still can't believe this happened, we lost our homes... *gripping his Octo Shot for any Crimson Octarians they might encounter on the way to a safe spot.*

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Running along the rocky surface of the canyon was no easy feat but Silas could traverse preety fairly considering that it had rained recently (if the rain is godmoding I will remove). He saw a couple of crimsons guarding the checkpoint up ahead. Stopping around the corner of a rock that was jutting out, he slung his backpack off and unzipped it.
The backpack contained many useful items, such as bandages, extra 30 caliber cartridges of ink for his charger, and rations. It also contained personal items too like a picture of his friends and Medal of Honor. He sighed when spotting things wishing to go back to those days. He ruffeled around for a few seconds and found what he was looking for: a pair of battered stealth goggles, his stealth charger, and his sound box(a odd relic he picked up. Seems to be something very old tech from thousands of years ago. He had gotten it working again and enjoyed listening to the strange sounds.). He was ready.
Setting up the supports, Silas surveyed the scene again. 2 up top, 2 at the door, not much. He was about to take a shot when he noticed a pair of ringed octolings going to a path on a path further down. He had just cleaned the area earlier and hidden the bodies halfhazardly. "Hope they don't notice..." he mumbles to himself, turning his attention back to the gate.

(LOL hopes that not godmoding or too long for you to read.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

While Clam and Coral escaped, they saw a female Ringed Octoling who is surrounded by Crimson Octarians, she fought them desperately with her Carbon Roller but she ran low on ink before the numbers became so few, she yelled for help in a panic.

Coral: She needs our help!

Clam: We take them on from opposite sides!

As Clam and Coral split up to take on the Crimson Octarians from opposite sides, they become careful not to slip. Slipping wouldn't allow them to decrease the number of Crimson Octarians before the inevitable battle starts.

(Ringed Octolings, not Inklings, just to clear up the confusion there)

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Oops lol mistype I knew it was octolings)
Silas pulled the trigger releasing a powerful burst of ink, exploding the octoling without a sound. Startled, his partner turns to see nothing except for a puddle of ink. He is about to yell but get sniped too. "Hey everything down there?" One says looking over the edge. "Oh sh-" he says before explosion too. One more. The last one turns the corner and sees the scene and stops dead. He turns and runs back into the base just as I take the shot. "Dang it" I say quickly disassembling. "Gotta get there before he sounds the alarm."
He shoots to the door hoping he's not too late. Hes just about to slam through the door when a blaring alarm blasts through the air. "Aw carp." Silas dives over the railing and skids down the side of the checkpoint, bouncing off when he shoots down to the two ringed octolings because he has no where else to go. Landing he pulls out his two dualies and points toward the crimson octolings. "What the heck is going on here?"

Cephalobro

Coral and Clam each take out the some of the Crimsons, the first Crimson Octoling exploding due to her not noticing a surprise attack by Coral and his Octo Shot. Clam, being an Octotrooper with a great attention span, then saw a particular Crimson Octoling wielding Dualies landing at the scene.

Clam: This one is different, Coral go help the Ringed Octoling in need, I'll buy some time for you to rescue her.

Coral: Okay, be careful *splatting the rest of the Crimsons as he says that*

The Ringed Octoling then saw a lot of the area around her being covered by yellow ink, then she talked to Coral, seemingly not taking her eyes off him. She then introduces herself.

Kelp: H-hello, my name is Kelp. *developing an interest on Coral*

Coral: I'm Coral, I heard you cry for help so my brother and I came to your rescue.

Kelp: Th-thank you. *blushes*

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"Hm." Silas says putting his backpack down once more. "Any of you get hurt? He says pulling out his charger again and putting in a clip. "No time for much formal introductions right now, we got trouble coming around the corner at any moment" he says pointing to checkpoint above. "I'm Silas by the way, since we're introducing ourselves."

Cephalobro

Clam is relieved to know that this one is friendly, Coral and Kelp meets up with Clam and Silas.

Clam: I'm Clam by the way, we aren't hurt thankfully.

Coral: We need to find a way forward.

Kelp: But where do we go?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"I have no clue honestly. Never really had a place to call home and settle down." He said shaking his head. "I've been running from place to place, grabbing necessary supplies, then moving again. You got any ideas?"

Cephalobro

Clam: We were thinking of grabbing one of those buses or trailers that has a Spawn Point installed inside them and make that our base.

Coral: Hey, isn't General Anemone looking for one of those?

Kelp: I do recall that he is trying to obtain one to make it a safer base for the Ringed Octarians.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"Other ringed octarians?" Silas asks confused. "General Anenome? Wha- who- How far away is this place? And why would this "general Anenome" need to have a bus or something with a spawn point in it?"

Cephalobro

Clam: It's not the usual bus that you think of, as the one he's looking for has more features like its ability to attach to other buses to become living quarters.

Coral: That's Octarian tech making it possible.

Kelp: From what I remember, it has a rainbow Spawn Point, making it possible for any Octoling regardless of ink color to respawn in that same Spawn Point, it's useful as a nomadic base.

Clam then puts down the map to examine.

Clam: *Pointing to an abandoned garage marked on the map* This is where General Anemone told us to go.

Coral: So far, there aren't many Ringed Octarians in that camp, so this is a good start.

Kelp: I hope they are still okay when we arrive.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas raised a eyebrow. "Sounds like this is a really expensive and complicated bus. How do we know that they aren't going to ambush us on the way back? As you said, it would be really useful to you so that must mean that it would also be useful to them." Causally, he shrugs. "Who cares, I know their tactics anyway. Now, where's this bus?"

Cephalobro

Clam: There should be an abandoned garage somewhere in a nearby ghost town.

Coral: We just have to keep our guard up when we get there.

Kelp: I'm a little scared to go there *holds Coral's arm*

Coral: *Looks at Kelp suddenly grabbing his arm* Okay, you don't need to suddenly grab my arm like that, but we will be fine. It isn't like one of those zombie apocalypse movies, so don't worry about that.

Clam: Worst case scenario will be encountering the Crimsons there.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"Heh. Let em' come." He says hefting his sniper up to his shoulder. "Besides, they need to pay for their crimes." Flashing a grin, he waves them along. "Cmon we should get a move on, you never know what's around here."

Cephalobro

Clam grabs the map and starts heading to the ghost town. Coral and Kelp walk alongside each other while following Clam.

Clam: We should be there in 15 minutes by foot.

Coral: Alright, we will finally have a safe place to stay!

Kelp: Yay!

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
i decide to question what happened and where we are going (i know common english so i speak in that)

me: "hey... uh... where are we going currently"

Cephalobro

Clam turns around to see a half human, half bird creature, taken by surprise, he answers the question.

Clam: We are going to this abandoned garage in a ghost town, we are searching for a mobile base.

Coral: It's so that the Crimson Octarians won't be able to capture us.

Kelp: This base will be a safe place for us to come up with a strategy to escape without being invaded.

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
me : " ok. thank you"

i go back to my corner and wait for us to get there.
i then turn around and ask
me : "how did you know my language? if you are squid... things, then who is your teacher?"

Cephalobro

Clam: Well, I'm just an octopus tentacle called an Octotrooper, tentacles cut by Octolings able to have a life of their own, Octolings don't start out as a tentacle themselves.

Coral: Kelp and I are Octolings, we are basically the same as Inklings, but being an octopus instead of squid.

Kelp: But as you see there are two distinct species of Octarians, our being Ringed and Silas being Crimson. Some Crimson Octarians rebelled against their own army.

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
me : "ok... its just i have not had anyone to talk to because i am a experiment, an experiment of my own enemy. humankind. ima spare you the backstory, but keep in mind that im a very lonely mess"
i turn back to face the corner waiting for our destination

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom