• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Funny Moments Thread

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
We've got one for lag moments, but I figured one for humorous things that happen from actual gameplay would be good.

I had one in Mahi-Mahi in which I took on a gal without filling up enough ink. I figured I might as well go down swinging (literally), so I managed what tiny flicks I could at the guy. He apparently thought I was up for more of a fight, and trying some pretty nice strafing, but with all of that, he didn't land enough shots on me. He did, however, land in the water.

Determination: All you really need to splat someone.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Once, I encountered a Splat Charger with my Dynamo at close range. I thought it would be an easy kill, but I flung ink at them three times and they somehow miraculously dodged the waves and finished me off.

Also, it's pretty fun leading enemy Krakens to their doom by running up gates.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Got one..
I really wish I had this recorded because it's just funny as all hell, even though it's not a good thing for me.
On this one tur wars match, I walk right into a Charger's shot..Like I saw the dang thread, and for reason didn't think "Yea, don't walk into that, you'll get shot" and what do I do? I walk RIGHT into it and die..I KNEW it was the enemy too, cuz we didn't have any Chargers on our team..lol

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Turf War at Arowana mall. I'm just goofing around at mid, as the enemy team isn't that skilled. A Roller tries to ambush me, but misses. Said roller retreats up their wall and hides right around the corner and just stands there. With their roller clipping through the wall. "Are they going to Jump home? Are they waiting for me to walk by for a sneak attack?" I ink the rest of the path so they can't quickly escape and wait fort he sign of someone jumping to happen.

I stood there for about 10 seconds with nothing happening before tossing a Suction Bomb and watching them turn to look at in what I imagine to be a "I have made a horrible mistake" moment.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
The tower was at 1 when literally everyone got splatted. it was pretty hilarious to have such an intense moment end in something almost peaceful.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I once had a moment when there were two krakens were chasing me so I went on a crate and then they both jumped straight through the crate! Those people better have learned their lesson!:cool:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Earlier today I was playing with a friend on Port Mackerel turf, and well, karma happened.

Me: SURPRISE! *sets up killer wail*
Friend: WAIT NO *he and an ally splat*
Me: Ha ha ha OH CRAP *immediately splatted by counter-wail*

That caused some laughter!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Two funny moments recently-
Great lead on our side, we had the RM in the last seconds but got splatted. We're kind of just keeping them away from and hoping the clock

Tried to get up that one platform in Flounder just above the grate, but I didn't have enough ink on the walls to swim all the way up. Wouldn't be a problem, except for the bomb that was also on that platform. Up, up, just a little more, please- *splat* Camera pans over, an inkling has possibly seen the entire thing, and decides to squidbag. ZL ZL-*splat*

Man, I wanted to get her back, but I never did. The spite helped me get six splats, though, included a double with the 'Zooka!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Oh my gosh I just realized I never finished my last post before posting it. Sorry for the double-post, but I don't think anyone would notice it if I edited it back in!

Great lead on our side, we had the RM in the last seconds but got splatted. We're kind of just keeping them away from and hoping the clock will run out, but it goes into overtime. The shield gets popped, and while we're all trying to hold them off and wait it out, I eventually decide to just grab it and get it over with. "Gosh, I hate how long overtime takes sometimes."
Right after I grab the RM, I realize I'm not the only one who was going for it-Someone on the other team was just a few feet away. And if our inklings showed our expressions right then, I think it would have been both hilarious and really upsetting: One inkling dashing madly for it, hoping to make the one move that might give them a chance at winning, when it's suddenly casually picked up by a squid who just looks mildly put off that he has to do so.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Oh my gosh I just realized I never finished my last post before posting it. Sorry for the double-post, but I don't think anyone would notice it if I edited it back in!

Great lead on our side, we had the RM in the last seconds but got splatted. We're kind of just keeping them away from and hoping the clock will run out, but it goes into overtime. The shield gets popped, and while we're all trying to hold them off and wait it out, I eventually decide to just grab it and get it over with. "Gosh, I hate how long overtime takes sometimes."
Right after I grab the RM, I realize I'm not the only one who was going for it-Someone on the other team was just a few feet away. And if our inklings showed our expressions right then, I think it would have been both hilarious and really upsetting: One inkling dashing madly for it, hoping to make the one move that might give them a chance at winning, when it's suddenly casually picked up by a squid who just looks mildly put off that he has to do so.
I once got a similar thing on Kelp Tower Control.
Everybody was waiting for a wipe from either side before they wanted to ride the tower, so it was 100-100 for a very long time.
I was pretty annoyed at that so I just jumped on the tower and pulled it to the 60-mark.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(I get the feeling this might be more of a brag-worthy moment, but it was certainly hilarious.)

In the last 10 seconds of a match on Kelp Dome, I decided to go full-on roller noob and roll right through the enemy team's base. As I expected, one of my opponents gave chase after me... and another... and a third. All these squiddos chasing after me (one tossing Burst Bombs my way, the other trying to steamroll me with a :wst_roller_compact00:), and yet somehow they couldn't catch me.

Off go I over their right-side ramp, when I hear the *Shching!* of my special gauge maxing out. Squidiot that I am, I whipped out a Killer Wail and fired it right behind me, soon realizing my mistake and expecting them to take me out. But alas, it managed to splat all three of them in one go. just as the bell rings.

I for one thought it quite amusing that I managed to outrun certain death while rolling with the Vanilla Roller. Like dogs on a treadmill trying to grab the treat dangling in front of them; so persistent in going after something they could never hope to touch.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Mahi-Mahi Resort, Turf War, Tempered Dynamo. I was trying to run away from a Kraken. We were in mid, near the end of the enemy side’s long, straight path, and the water had already rose. I wanted to jump over to the enemy base, but the wall was the wrong color, so my poor squid helplessly plummeted into the water.

And now for an old one. On Moray Towers, I tried to pull out an Inkzooka inside the wall leading up to the main enemy sniper perch. Little did I know, the animation forces you out of your ink. And into the pit. I just wanted to surprise them by popping out with my Inkzooka ready. :p

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
This isn't really that funny, but I bet it pissed off the other team.
They had the tower and took it to 1. My teammates and I splatted all of them, got on the tower, and rode it back all the way to 0, claiming our victory.

...It was great.
Actually, I thought it was pretty funny. ;) Of course I wasn't on the other team...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I'm now climbing up in Ranked on my second alt. The first time round, I sailed through the lower ranks like an icebreaker (with various blasters); this time, I felt a little remorseful so decided to perform just about well enough to ensure victory. Normally, that means getting a moderate push and then turfing and lazing about until my team needs help in defence.

However... sometimes it becomes clear that I'm not the only alt in the room. Just having reached C+, I've already encountered a handful of players who blatantly have a lot more experience than a 'real' C ranker. And I've honestly found these situations more amusing than anything else, because it becomes a clash of the titans (as we always seem to be on opposing teams): six players in the room are virtually irrelevant while the alt opponent tears through my team and I try to protect them like a mother bear wielding a sniper rifle.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Double post because I don't want to leave this and forget about it.

B+ TC on Walleye; I'm wielding the Custom E-Litre. We get the Tower to the first vertical rise on their side and I pop my Kraken to ensure that we break their record. Splat two opponents, get back onto the Tower and it's now ascended the rise. The opposing E-Litre is stood pretty much next to the Tower on the top level, so I shrug and use the Tower's height to jump on them as well... and because of slight lag, the game both registers that I got them and that they hit me (still Kraken) with a fully-charged shot. This means that I effectively bounce off them without even touching the ground and land back on the Tower. Thanks, that E-Litre!

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
A couple nights ago playing Rm on flounder heights the opposing team had a small lead and runs backwards deep into their level to a spot near their spawn point with about 8 seconds left. I was closest and I was up on the building and it was 4 vs 1. Games over and I know it. Theyre all in the distance squidbagging in celebration and then three of them set off killer wails into the sky at the same time in celebration. KInda cool to watch even tho I was on the losing side of it.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
While on the topic of funny moments (and please dont take this the wrong way) but why do the females of two different species creatures descended from mollusks have secondary gender specific characteristics only found on mammals?

Are we to understand that as Mollusks (or at least Cephlapods) became land dwelling they eventually began developing the ability to nurse their young? Why the wider hips? Are they able to have live births as opposed to laying eggs?

That being said, most squid and Octopi usually die shortly after reproduction which could explain why you dont see many inkling parents and adults in the game. Perhaps Captain Cuttlefish is more of an adoptive grandfather or an anomolously old inkling who outlived his children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom