• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The funny thing about this forum

-*-

Full Squid
so
No team is sponsored outside of Japan except for one
And their sponsorship is from a gaming company I never heard of

Why do so many of you act so snobby in the recruitment process?
Like even if you assemble the best team to ever play splatoon wtf is your prize? $700 bucks each at the biggest contest in splatoon ?

Some of you need to be more open minded because some of you teams have been at this since splatoon 1 and have no major accolades under your belt . Take a chance on players because you never know who the next star can be. Stop with this bullshit of “oh you can join if your x rank but you have to have this power level” power level don’t mean **** I’ve seen the best players in lan contests never pay too much mind to that.

Anyways. Unless you have 10,000 twitter followers or at least earn $1 from a professional sponsorship company stop pretending you have either and be open minded

Really. The game needs new blood. This competitive scene is dying. Even the top players don’t take this seriously

Even penguitt doesn’t think the game is worth it

That will only change if you ******* recruiters are willing to teach because the only thing more odd than a team with high standards is a team that never reaches the top

Only backsquids, whafs left of stdx, gg boys, and ya nah are entitled to that kind of snobbieness

I’ve seen some of you teams go nowhere with your recruiting process. Stop acting like you have a gold medal

And like I said. Even if you’re the best team ever. This scene has no future in sponsorship so chill tf out . It’s a little cult of gamers, know your audience

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Competitive teams are just like Skyscrapers.
You build them from the ground and up.
Having a team only accepting top players, is like building a Skyscraper on top of another Skyscraper.
The chances of it crumbling before its finished is much more likely than from the ground and up.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You have the right of it. There's what, a maximum of 50,000 players in rank X? For a game that requires 8 players to start a match, that doesn't make for a sustainable competitive scene. Much less a competitive scene where "Must be X rank 2400+ only" or "Looking for a div 1 team" are incredibly common among both teams and free agents.

Players at the top, and that includes me and my friends, have a skewed view of things. Are players of lower rank that bad, or are we just used to seeing better? I'm sure the very thought will cause some "pros" to scream but competitive play should include folks through S and maybe even A ranks. That's the only way there will ever be enough players, in raw quantity, for the scene to take off.

Vertigo95

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JRex95
Switch Friend Code
SW-3028-4629-7889
Someone has to put in the effort of training less skilled players so they are able to compete with players of a higher caliber, which is my goal for Technical Machine
Not really sure what else I can say about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom