• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Inkling Barber Shop (What hairstyle will you use?)

Which hairstyle?

• Total voters

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
As the title says, with the addition of varying hairstyles between the Inkling genders, what hairstyle will you be using for your Inkling in Splatoon 2?

Female:
Classic: Splatoon 1 long tentacle hair.
Bob Cut: The new shorter girl hair, that the lead cover art female Inkling has.
Knot: The new hairstyle with the Inkling tying her tentacles into a vertical knot.
Comb Over: The new left side comb over with a long wavy tentacle.

Male:
Classic: Splatoon 1 ponytail.
Spiked: The new spiky comb back hair, that the lead cover art male Inkling has.
Comb Over: The new comb over hairstyle with a ponytail with a tentacle hanging on the Inkling's right side.
Buzz Cut: A full buzz cut with what appears to be scar marks. Completely absent of tentacles.

Back view of all of the new ones.

I'm probably going to go with the Male Comb Over. I like the side tentacle and it works well with hats.

Last edited:

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Buzzcut, or the comb over. Kinda like the style, and shape of them. Of course there is spiked...Too many to choose...

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Honestly. Quite a few of people didn't like the inkling boy's haircut in the first game, but i grew very fond of it. I'm gonna be rocking it more than the newer ones.

Last edited:

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I'm gonna have to wait and see how they all look in game, but for now the M comb over looks cool.
I might use all of them at one point or another.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wait! Where's the beehive do? I must have my beehive! DX

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'll be sticking with the Classic Male style. But occasionally I'll dip into the Spiked Tentacle style.

I personally wish there were a few more hairstyles that involved the Classic tied up tentacles with alterations....Oh well. Maybe in future Updates/DLC.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wait! Where's the beehive do? I must have my beehive! DX
I believe thats the knot, it just doesn;t look too beehivey from the back or sides.

And surprisingly, this is the cut I thought I would like the least... but it actually looks pretty good.
When I use the girl inkling model I'ma give it a go first.

When I use the boy octoling all the way I mean uh... the spike hair probably ^_^;

Mob

Inkling
Probably the female comb over, if not then the short hair

Last edited:

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Seeing as how the male inkling comb over isn't an option for me, I will likely be using the female comb over. I may however just play a boy inkling.

I like comb overs I guess.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Bob because I have short hair in reality and too don't care. If I want to play the male then I think I will use comb over. I don't know but I like the opposite of traditional hair lengths. Female combover is pretty neat too. Might change it if I got more gem gear.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Surprised nobody has yet to say they're sticking with the OG Inkling Girl hair.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I'm surprised about that too XD I'm sure there are plenty of people that will, they just haven't stumbled upon this yet.

Buzz Cut, I'll probably be wearing a hat 90% of the time anyways, and the way I look IRL I wouldn't have any hair sticking out. I also really like the neat little cross that it comes with, gives it that little piece of personality to it that I enjoy.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Something I've just noticed about the above image...
The 3-4 little tentacles on the Inkling's nape?
That's now a female-only thing.
(guessing so males and females can still be told apart?)

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Something I've just noticed about the above image...
The 3-4 little tentacles on the Inkling's nape?
That's now a female-only thing.
(guessing so males and females can still be told apart?)
Maybe it's just me, but I always could tell them apart just by looking at their eyebrows (Males have thicker, longer ones. Females, short and smaller).

That is a interesting observation though. Probably does help tell them apart a little better when your looking from behind- with the exception of the classic styles which remain obvious.

Energyblade7

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Energyblade
Maybe it's just me, but I always could tell them apart just by looking at their eyebrows (Males have thicker, longer ones. Females, short and smaller).

That is a interesting observation though. Probably does help tell them apart a little better when your looking from behind- with the exception of the classic styles which remain obvious.
I believe that's just the way the hairstyles are, Inklings in kid form have a maximum of six tentacles so technically only one of the male hairstyles use all six (the combover only uses 3 tentacles) if you only count the blown up tentacles

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I believe that's just the way the hairstyles are, Inklings in kid form have a maximum of six tentacles so technically only one of the male hairstyles use all six (the combover only uses 3 tentacles) if you only count the blown up tentacles
Actually the only haircut up to this point that doesn't have six tentacles is the Buzz Cut.
Spiked has all 6 combed back. M Comb Over has 3 hardly visible ones combed over (they are still there), the one in front and the two for his pony tail.
Bob Cut is pretty obvious. F Comb Over has 5 in the back 4 small, 1 larger, and the long one in front. Then Knot has 2 in front, two small ones in the back, and the 2 large ones knotted.

So yah, the only hairstyle up to this point that doesn't adhere to the 6 tentacle rule is the Buzz Cut, having 0 tentacles.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can swear I see a seventh tentacle underneath the three on the back, for the male combover.

Which would put that particular squid at 11 tentacles *gasp*

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
The female comb over hairstyle looks pretty. It stands out more than the other ones. Wavy tentacle is quite stylish. My 2nd choice would be the female Knot. It's like a big bun! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom