• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Inkwell: A Social Thread for Competitive Inklings

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Originally posted in SquidBoards BETA, this thread is meant to house competitive discussion regarding Splatoon Meta, weapon builds and gear, and the development of teams and crews, while also being an all-around place to socialize amongst other competitors.

The Splatoon community is growing fast, and I'm sure many of you will want to partner up with some friends from the site to play competitively.

Hope to see you all on the battlefield!

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think that may just be the purpose of the entirety of Competitive Discussion, but having a Social Thread for it is neat!

What does everyone here think of the potential legality of Gear with stats on it in tournaments?

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
I think the gear should at least be experimented with before being disposed of to see if it's truly broken or not. Since different weapons provide different roles, stat layouts will likewise be beneficial for certain roles.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I think the gear should at least be experimented with before being disposed of to see if it's truly broken or not. Since different weapons provide different roles, stat layouts will likewise be beneficial for certain roles.
I doubt any would be game breaking, and rumor has it that online the gear doesn't have an effect
Originally posted in SquidBoards BETA, this thread is meant to house competitive discussion regarding Splatoon Meta, weapon builds and gear, and the development of teams and crews.

The Splatoon community is growing fast, and I'm sure many of you will want to partner up with some friends from the site to play competitively.

Hope to see you all on the battlefield!
I think each of the 3 you listed would perhaps be better as threads themselves that perhaps even deserve to be stickied in the future, as all those topics are massive (or at least they will be upon the games release). and holding all of it in one thread wouldn't be that great?

I kind of agree with @TeddyBearYoshi The Inkwell Social would be good.

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
This is going to be so good, I can feel it! I've already joined a group of people on the Splatoon GameFAQs board. Maybe I can redirect some of them here eventually.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
It's very catchy.

Does anyone else here really like the idea of the paintbrush? It's reminiscent of Epic Mickey and it just sounds like it'll be fun, although it may be hard to control.
I like it but I don't see being useful lol. At least not at a high level, when ppl have great reflexes.
But if its a one hit kill like the roller.. that actually might be scary x)

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I like it but I don't see being useful lol. At least not at a high level, when ppl have great reflexes.
But if its a one hit kill like the roller.. that actually might be scary x)
The secondary attack of the Brush (the quick horizontal flick) seems like it'd be great for close-mid range attacks. Along with its speed, I'd be interested to see how players use this weapon effectively.

Setu

I think that may just be the purpose of the entirety of Competitive Discussion, but having a Social Thread for it is neat!

What does everyone here think of the potential legality of Gear with stats on it in tournaments?
Once again, this is not smash bros, and nothing needs to be banned thus far. Its quite obvious that this idea is coming from the banning of equipment in the customization aspect of smash bros.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Epic Mickey
*shudders*

Originally posted in SquidBoards BETA, this thread is meant to house competitive discussion regarding Splatoon Meta, weapon builds and gear, and the development of teams and crews, while also being an all-around place to socialize amongst other competitors.
I'm reviving/restarting my old clan, and will be looking for semi-casual players with perhaps an inkling of competitive ambition to have a laid back, smaller community with membership based on applications. Currently working on the website and plan on having it up within a month or so.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Once again, this is not smash bros, and nothing needs to be banned thus far. Its quite obvious that this idea is coming from the banning of equipment in the customization aspect of smash bros.
Virtually every competitive console games bans things, it is by no means just a Smash thing.

Setu

Virtually every competitive console games bans things, it is by no means just a Smash thing.
I was replying to the idea of banning clothing perks. And not every competitive console game bans things, you can't use that logic.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
I was replying to the idea of banning clothing perks. And not every competitive console game bans things, you can't use that logic.
Almost every single competitive console title, bans things in some shape or for, some more than others. Games like CoD and Smash for example which are originally designed for a super casual audience ban a lot more than others.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
If they turn out to be imbalanced, then they will get banned. I'm hoping they wont be, but the question is up in the air until we get our hands on the game.

littlehero6

Inkling
What about this game do you think will make it competitively viable? I personally think it is the team work and coordination that it takes to win a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom