• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Journey: A Splatoon FanFic

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I wake up and look at my SquidPhone. July 9th. Finally, my 16th birthday has arrived! I raced downstairs with my pajamas still on, to see my parents at the table, with waffles, my favorite breakfast food, on the table stacked high.

"Happy birthday, honey!", my mom said. I noticed a few wrapped gifts on the table, where I normally sit. I opened up the one, and it was Squid Racer. Yes! I had wanted to get that game so bad. I notice the other one is a bit oddly shaped, almost like a CD case. I opened it and it was the newest Squid Sisters album, with a music player to go along with it! I opened up the CD case to find a small slip of paper. "Son, for your 16th birthday, you can start heading to Inkopolis to start playing Ink Battles, and possibly even get a new job," the note read.

"What!? I can finally go into Inkopolis?" I asked.

"Yup," my dad said, "We think you can handle yourself now that you are 16."

"Thank you!!!!!" I exclaimed with joy, hugging my parents at the same time.

"Your beginner's gear is on your dresser, along with your Splattershot Jr.," my mom said. God! I can't wait!

I didn't straight away to go Inkopolis though, I went to a short training session on the basics of playing turf war and the other gamemodes. After that I finally got to Inkopolis. I noticed that the screen in the plaza was starting to turn on. Was there something weird happening? I was definitely intriuged. I looked at it a bit longer, then I saw the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie, pop up on the screen, and they announced the current stage rotation. Blackbelly Skatepark and Bluefin Depot for turf wars, and Kelp Dome and Arowana Mall for ranked, and the mode was Rainmaker. After that , they finished brodcasting. I headed off to Inkopolis Tower to que up for a match, and got into one almost immedietly. We headed off to Blackbelly Skatepark, which I had been to before, because I skateboarded. I saw that on my team we had a Splatterscope, .96 Gal Deco, and a Hydra Splatling, as well as my Splattershot Jr. I decided to try to rush to the giant tower in mid, to get the high ground. Once I got up there though, I found an enemy wielding a Tentatek Splattershot. I quickly turned into squid mode, which I had learned to do by practicing in my room, in order to escape the foe. I found a path that led straight into the enemy's base, so I decided to go for it. I saw some enemy ink on the ground, so I tried to cover it up with mine. But from the ink came an enemy with a .52 Gal, and he splatted me, which was slightly painful, and I exploded in his color ink. After a few seconds though, I respawned at my base, and noticed an enemy coming into our base. I went up to him at shot him with my Splattershot Jr, splatting him. I headed off to the area he inked, and slowly covered it all up. After that, we only had 30 seconds left to play, so I decided to try to cover up all of the enemy ink possible. I heard the final whistle blow, signaling the end of the match. We sat around for a few moments while Judd counted up the turf. He ended up saying that we won by quite a bit. I was pleasantly suprised that I had won my first ever turf wars match. I exited back out into the plaza, and noticed a strange old man peeking out of a squid hole. As I approched him, he went back down, so I decided that he was pretty shy, so I decided not to bother him.

I noticed a couple of other Inklings walking around the plaza in very different gear than the other Inklings had on. They almosted seemed to be patroling the area, looking for criminals. I decided to walk up to one of them to find out what they were doing.

"Uh... Hi. Just wondering what you were doing. Are you looking out for criminals or...?"
"Yes, I'm patroling the plaza for trouble makers of any type. I'm Agent 1 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. Nice to meet you. What's your name?" The guard asked.

"Alpha," I replied.

"Pretty fresh name you have there, Alpha," the guard said. I could tell that the voice was female, so I at least that about this mysterious Agent 1 person. A heard a voice coming over her com.

"Sorry, I have to go to another area to patrol," she said, “Maybe I'll see you around here again." Was she trying make friends with me? If she was it was working.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you around...." I said cautiously. Could I trust her?

Last edited:

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I headed home after meeting Agent 1, figuring that it would just be in my best favor to head home, even though I had only been there for three hours. I walked in the front door and saw a note saying that my parents had headed off to work for the day. I decided to make myself a bit of lunch, because it was only 2pm. I decided to watch the news, because there was nothing else on TV at the time. There were some advertisements about a new movie coming out, something called Squidinator Genesis, I didn't feel like seeing it though, I'm not one of those people that will go out to see a sci-fi movie or whatever type of movie that is. My parents and I had pizza that night for dinner, because it was birthday.

I woke up the next morning very early to head off to Inkopolis so I could play as many times as possibly before I had to be home. Once I got to Inkopolis, I watched the announcements by the Squid Sisters for the current map rotation. Piranha Pit and Urchin Underpass for Turf Wars. After the stages, though, they announced that they would be having a givaway. If you played at least one game that day, you would be entered into a raffle to meet them. A chance that meet the Squid Sisters? Um, yes, I want to get a chance! I headed out to play a turf war, and after the game, which we won, I ranked up to level 4, so I could finally get more gear from the shops. After that, I headed back to the plaza, where I saw the old man who I saw yesterday. I decided to follow him after he went back to where he was. I went through the tunnel, came out and saw that the area looked like a giant training area. I also saw the old man, along with a four other Inklings with the same gear on that Agent 1 had on when I saw her in the plaza. He noticed me and started talking to me.

"Hello there young sir, what is your name?" He asked me.

"Alpha," I responded.

"Nice to meet you Alpha," he said," I'm Cap'n Cuttlefish, leader of the New Squidbeak Splatoon." Then he pointed to each of Inklings as he said their names. "That's Agent Blue", pointing towards the one on the left, then going on order to left to right, "Then you have Agent 2, Agent Orange, then Agent 1."

Agent 1 seemed slightly shocked when she saw me, probably not expecting to see me again. To be honest, I was also slightly shocked.

"So Alpha, would you like to become an agent?" the Cap'n asked me.

"Sign me up!" I replied.

I changed into my hero gear that the Cap'n have to me, as well as getting the Hero Shot to use. Cuttlefish's first task for me was to run through an obstacle course and splat targets along the way. What he didn't tell me was that there were traps hidden along the course. I fell for the first one and got splatted, and went to the respawn pad.

"You told me it was an obstacle course, but you didn't tell me there were hidden traps. Really?" I said, with a bit of frustration in my voice.

"You have to be ready for anything when you're out paroling. You never know what will happen, if it happens at all," the Cap'n said.

"Good enough," I replied.I ran through the course again and again, not stopping until I successfully cleared the course. It took me around 20 tries, but I finally got it down."God, that felt like it took forever," I said.

"It was actually only an hour," Agent 1 explained.

"One hour. That's it?" I asked.

"Yup. Only around an hour," confirmed Agent Blue.

"Jeez. Please tell me that's all of the training for the day," I said.

"Nope. You still have four more training drills to go through today," the Cap'n told me. The other four drills took me around three hours to complete all of them.

"Well, just looking at what you've done today, I think we can officially call you Agent Alpha of the New Squidbeak Splatoon," Cuttlefish said. All of the agents nodded their heads in agreement.

"Anyway, I need to head home, my parents would probably get mad at me if I got home late......." I said, "I hope I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"See you later Alpha!" Agent 1 told me.

I woke up early the next morning to head off to training, and left a note on the table telling my parents them that I was going to be in Inkopolis for quite a while. Once I got there, I headed off to the hero training facility.

"Ah, Alpha, you're here!" the Cap'n said.

"Yup, I decided to come back," I said, "Figured it would be good for me to help you guys out."

"Yeah, we could use some help," Agent Blue said.

"Anyway, Alpha, can you keep a secret?" the Cap'n asked me.

"Yeah, I mean, I haven't told my parents that I'm an Agent so....." I said, wondering what he was going to tell me.

"Good, because there's something we need to tell you. Or rather, show you, " said the Cap'n.

"W-what is it?" I asked.

"Agents 1 and 2, take off your hats," Cuttlefish said. They took off their hats and I noticed that one had black tentacles with pink at the end and the other had light gray tentacles with green at the end.

"Callie and Marie?" I asked slightly in shock. They nodded, so my thoughts were confirmed.

"You're kidding right?" I asked, still in disbelief.

"Nope," Callie said, "We are actually the Squid Sisters."

"Excuse me for a moment," I said. I walked over to another area and sat down. How could I possibly kept myself from freaking out and hyperventilating? I couldn't. I went back over to where they were and started talking again.

"Sorry about that," I said, "It's just that I'm really a really big fan so........"

"It's ok," Marie assured me, "When we first recruited Orange and Blue here, that had the same reaction you had."

"Don't remind me......." Blue mumbled.

"But here's the thing," Callie said, "You can't tell anyone about this. None of your friends, your parents, Judd, no one. It's just for your own good. Unless you somehow have to rescue or save us, this is confidential."

"I understand. Besides, I don't think I'll ever need to save you guys."

"Hey, you never know," Callie said.

"Anyway, back to training!" the Cap'n said, and we did obstical courses for the day. Each one took me around ten tries to complete. They were tough, but I kept at it. We finished up the first half of training at around 2pm.

"Need me to go get some lunch for us?" Orange asked.

"That would be nice," Cuttlefish replied.

Orange came back with some burgers for the agents, and crab cakes for the Cap'n. We all ate out lunches in peace, discussing how we had done in the first half of the day.

Author's Note: I am going to try to get at least 3 chapters out every other day, but on the weekends I will try to go get three chapters out each day.

Last edited:

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
After about a week or so, I was allowed to go out on my first patrol. Naturally, Cuttlefish decided it would be best if I went with Callie.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked the Cap'n.

"Yup. If there's one thing I know, is that if you send someone with a celebrity on a mission, in this case Callie, they are less likely to mess up," he answered.

"Okay then, let me just get my gear on and then I'll be ready," I said.

Callie and I first headed off to the docks to inspect incoming ships for anything illegal on board.

"This one looks clear," Callie shouted to me.

"Hey, uh, I think you need to come over here," I responded, "I'm not sure if this stuff is legal...." I said, holding up some sort of strange plant.

"Hm... let me to check with the skipper of this boat," Callie stated as she was walking towards the skipper. I noticed that the skipper had what looked like a Splattershot Pro...so I went to get to Callie as fast as possible.

"Listen, he has a Splattershot Pro behind him," I whispered to Callie, "If he tries to pull it on you, just give me signal. A flick of the hand, a quick nod, anything except your "Stay Fresh" pose. Okay?"

"Why not the pose?" she asked me.

I shot her a look that said, "If you do that, he'll know you're a Squid Sister and have an even greater insentive to hurt you."

"Fine," she said, a bit annoyed. She started talking to the skipper when I saw her give a quick nod, signaling that I needed to go help her.

I rushed in, pinning him on the ground, but not before he could get two shots off at Callie. They both got her, and she didn't seek to be okay.

"This is Agent Alpha, I need reinforcements at the dock, as Agent 1 is injured." I said into my com.

"This is Agent Blue, I'm on the way." I heard back. A few moments after that, Blue showed up, and was able to get the skipper in handcuff and into the police's custody while I treated Callie's injuries. She had been hit in the abdomen twice, and she had a few wounds. I was able to get some gauze from the medic bag that Blue brought with him to cover up Callie's wounds.

"Thanks Alpha, a lot. If it weren't for you, I'm not sure I would still be here, being able to talk to you now." Callie said, with some thanks in her voice.

"It wasn't just me Callie, Blue helped, only a little bit though, it was still mainly me," I said.

"DON'T THINK I DIDN'T HEAR THAT!" yelled Blue from quite afar.
"Is he always that annoying?" I asked Callie.

"Yup. Always."

I headed home after helping Callie get back to the Camp, where she could get healed up better by Cuttlefish. Once I got home, I turned on the news, to see that the top story was about what had happened earlier. Just as the story was coming on, my dad walked in, and saw the story title at the bottom of the TV screen.

"Hm...'Agent helps save another Agent from attack', eh?" My dad asked.

"Yup," I replied.

"Agent Alpha of the New Squidbeak Splatoon helped out Agent 1 after she was hit by a few shots by a boat skipper," the news anchor said.

"Agent Alpha, that's pretty darn similar name to your's, Alpha." my dad said, "Do you know anything about this?" he asked me.

"Listen, there's something I haven't been telling you guys," I told my dad, "When I've been going out to Inkopolis, most of the time I'm there, I'm training with Cap'n Cuttlefish, a war veteran of the Great Turf War, to become an agent. And just a few days ago, I was named Agent Alpha of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. So, in other words, I'm Agent Alpha."

My dad suddenly got a shocked look on his face, and then hugged me, and thanking me for joining them, because he knew I was helping make Inkopolis safer. "T-thank you for telling me, son." he said, a bit choked up, "Also, do you know who Agent 1 is?" he asked me.

"Yes, I do. It's Callie from the Squid Sisters....." I said, a bit nervous that he wouldn't approve.

"Are you joking? Tell me if you're lying, son." he said.

"I'm not lying! Agents 1and 2 are Callie and Marie, respectivly!" I responded, and slightly mad because he thought I was lying. "I'll bring proof home tommorow, okay? I'm not lying." I told him.

Shortly after that, my mom got home and my dad talked to my mom about what I had told him. After dinner, my mom called me up to my room to talk with her.

"Is this about the Agent thing?" I asked her.

"Yes, it is." she responded, "Listen, what you did at the dock today convinced your dad and I to allow you to keep being an Agent."

I hugged her, thanking her for letting be stay an agent.

"Also, until you can consistently afford it, we are going to pay for the apartment we got you."

"You guys got me an apartment?" I asked.

My mom nodded.

"Thank you!!!" I exclaimed.

"In fact, the apartment is ready for you to move into right now. All you have to do is clean up all of your valuables and stuff you like. You can leave the bed because we're using this room as a guest room now." my mom said.

"Trust me. I'll be out of here by tommorow night." I promised.

I texted Orange to let her that I was moving into my apartment the next day, and that I would be late to training the next day. I headed off to bed that night, happy that I was going to finally be living by myself. The next morning I packed up my room with all of my posters, gear, and other stuff I had gotten over the years. The apartment building I was going to be living in was in Inkopolis, just not in the plaza, so I didn't have to worry about taking the train to the plaza. I arrived at the building at around 10am, so I knew I could go get food for my fridge and all. I headed to my new apartment, which was in the 3rd floor, and when I opened the door, the Agents suprised me and I almost fainted.

"How did you guys know I was going to live here?" I asked, while still in shock.

"We just asked what room you were in." Callie said.

"And we had Orange's help because you texted her with the building you were gonna be in." Blue added.

"Oh, and we already stocked the pantry and fridge, so you don't have to do that." Marie told me.

"You guys know you didn't have to do this, right?" I asked.

"We know. We just felt like it. Its what we do, because you're a fellow Agent." Orange replied.

"And you do have a poster of us, right Alpha?" Callie asked.

"Yeah..... what do you ask?" I responded.

"Could you get it for us?" Marie asked.

"Sure, I guess." I dug around the few boxes that I had and the poster of the Squid Sisters and handed it to Callie. "You better not ruin it, or I will turn you into calamari." I said, being sarcastic.

"Oh, I think we'll increase the value of it." Marie said, with a small grin on her face.

Callie took out a marker and started writing on the poster. Marie did the same. They handed the poster back to me, and noticed that had autographed the poster.

"Okay, now you guys are just spoiling me." I said, with a small smirk on my face. "Oh and uh, could I get a selfie with you guys before you leave?" I asked Callie and Marie, "My dad doesn't believe I actually work with you guys."

"Sure, just get your hero gear on and then we can do it." Marie responded. I want ahead and took the selfie with Callie and Marie in their hero gear, because they were in it when I arrived, just for saftey.

"Now I can finally get this the way I want it. So please, leave no offense to you guys, I just need to, uh, how do I say this, make this place my own, I guess? I'll be at the training facility by 1pm, latest. If I need your help, I'll call over the com. Okay?" I said.

"Got it." they all said at once. They left my room and I was able to make it the way I wanted.

After about 30 minutes though, I heard a banging at the door.

I grabbed my Hero Shot, just in case. As I approched the door, it was burst down, and someone came in. It wasn't any of the Agents, my parents, or the Cap'n. It was a robber. I shot at him with my Hero Shot, but missed both times.

I dropped the Hero Shot and went into hand to hand combat with the robber. It was pretty easy to kick out his legs underneath him, as he didn't know any hand to hand combat skills. I pinned him down, and talked into my com.

"This is Agent Alpha, I need someone to get the police to my house, there is an intruder." I said franticly.

"Agent 1 here, contacting police now."

A few minutes later, the police showed up at my apartment, and arrested the robber.

"That's why you don't try to invade an Agent's home, especially when they're there," I told the robber. "Agent Alpha here, robber is in police custody now." I said through my com. It was 11:40am by the time that was over, so I headed out to get a new apartment door. The apartment building callers me and told me that they would replace the door, so I was happy about that. By the time I got home, they had already replaced the door. I headed into my room to change into my hero gear and headed out to train some more.

Last edited:

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
After about a week or so, I was allowed to go out on my first patrol. Naturally, Cuttlefish decided it would be best if I went with Callie. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked the Cap'n. "Yup. If there's one thing I know, is that if you send someone with a celebrity on a mission, I'm this case Callie, they are less likely to mess up," he answered. "Okay then, let me just get my gear on and then I'll be ready," I said.

Callie and I first headed off to the docks to inspect incoming ships for anything illegal on board. "This one looks clear," Callie shouted to me. "Hey, uh, I think you need to come over here," I responded, "I'm not sure if this stuff is legal...." I said, holding up some sort of strange plant. "Hm... let me to check with the skipper of this boat," Callie stated as she was walking towards the skipper. I noticed that the skipper had what looked like a Splattershot Pro...so I went to get to Callie as fast as possible. "Listen, he has a Splattershot Pro behind him," I whispered to Callie, "If he tries to pull it on you, just give me signal. A flick of the hand, a quick nod, anything except your "Stay Fresh" pose. Okay?" "Why not the pose?" She asked me. I shot her a look that said, "If you do that, he'll know you're a Squid Sister and have an even greater insentive to hurt you." "Fine," she said, a bit annoyed. She started talking to the skipper when I saw her give a quick nod, signaling that I needed to go help her. I rushed in, pinning him on the ground, but not before he could get two shots off at Callie. They both got her, and she didn't seek to be okay. "This is Agent Alpha, I need reinforcements at the dock, as Agent 1 is injured." I said into my com. "This is Agent Blue, I'm on the way." I heard back. A few moments after that, Blue showed up, and was able to get the skipper in handcuff and into the police's custody while I treated Callie's injuries. She had been hit in the abdomen twice, and she had a few wounds. I was able to get some gauze from the medic bag that Blue brought with him to cover up Callie's wounds. "Thanks Alpha, a lot. If it weren't for you, I'm not sure I would still be here, being able to talk to you now." Callie said, with some thanks in her voice. "It wasn't just me Callie, Blue helped, only a little bit though, it was still mainly me," I said. "DON'T THINK I DIDN'T HEAR THAT!" yelled Blue from quite afar. "Is he always that annoying?" I asked Callie. "Yup. Always."

I headed home after helping Callie get back to the Camp, where she could get healed up better by Cuttlefish. Once I got home, I turned on the news, to see that the top story was about what had happened earlier. Just as the story was coming on, my dad walked in, and saw the story title at the bottom of the TV screen. "Hm...'Agent helps save another Agent from attack', eh?" My dad asked. "Yup," I replied. "Agent Alpha of the New Squidbeak Splatoon helped out Agent 1 after she was hit by a few shots by a boat skipper," the news anchor said. "Agent Alpha, that's pretty darn similar name to your's, Alpha." my dad said, "Do you know anything about this?" he asked me. "Listen, there's something I haven't been telling you guys," I told my dad, "When I've been going out to Inkopolis, most of the time I'm there, I'm training with Cap'n Cuttlefish, a war veteran of the Great Turf War, to become an agent. And just a few days ago, I was named Agent Alpha of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. So, in other words, I'm Agent Alpha." My dad suddenly got a shocked look on his face, and then hugged me, and thanking me for joining them, because he knew I was helping make Inkopolis safer. "T-thank you for telling me, son." he said, a bit choked up, "Also, do you know who Agent 1 is?" he asked me. "Yes, I do. It's Callie from the Squid Sisters....." I said, a bit nervous that he wouldn't approve. "Are you joking? Tell me if you're lying, son." he said. "I'm not lying! Agents 1and 2 are Callie and Marie, respectivly!" I responded, and slightly mad because he thought I was lying. "I'll bring proof home tommorow, okay? I'm not lying." I told him. Shortly after that, my mom got home and my dad talked to my mom about what I had told him. After dinner, my mom called me up to my room to talk with her. "Is this about the Agent thing?" I asked her. "Yes, it is." she responded, "Listen, what you did at the dock today convinced your dad and I to allow you to keep being an Agent." I hugged her, thanking her for letting be stay an agent. "Also, until you can consistently afford it, we are going to pay for the apartment we got you." "You guys for me an apartment?" I asked. My mom nodded. "Thank you!!!" I exclaimed. "In fact, the apartment is ready for you to move into right now. All you have to do is clean up all of your valuables and stuff you like. You can leave the bed because we're using this room as a guest room now." my mom said. "Trust me. I'll be out of here by tommorow night." I promised.

I texted Orange to let her that I was moving into my apartment the next day, and that I would be late to training the next day. I headed off to bed that night, happy that I was going to finally be living by myself. The next morning I packed up my room with all of my posters, gear, and other stuff I had gotten over the years. The apartment building I was going to be living in was in Inkopolis, just not in the plaza, so I didn't have to worry about taking the train to the plaza. I arrived at the building at around 10am, so I knew I could go get food for my fridge and all. I headed to my new apartment, which was in the 3rd floor, and when I opened the door, the Agents suprised me and I almost fainted. "How did you guys know I was going to live here?" I asked, while still in shock. "We just asked what room you were in." Callie said. "And we had Orange's help because you texted her with the building you were gonna be in." Blue added."Oh, and we already stocked the pantry and fridge, so you don't have to do that." Marie told me. "You guys know you didn't have to do this, right?" I asked. "We know. We just felt like it. Its what we do, because you're a fellow Agent." Orange replied. "And you do have a poster of us, right Alpha?" Callie asked "Yeah..... what do you ask?" I responded. "Could you get it for us?" Marie asked. "Sure, I guess." I dug around the few boxes that I had and the poster of the Squid Sisters and handed it to Callie. "You better not ruin it, or I will turn you into calamari." I said, being sarcastic. "Oh, I think we'll increase the value of it." Marie said, with a small grin on her face. Callie took out a marker and started writing on the poster. Marie did the same. They handed the poster back to me, and noticed that had autographed the poster. "Okay, now you guys are just spoiling me." I said, with a small smirk on my face. "Oh and uh, could I get a selfie with you guys before you leave?" I asked Callie and Marie, "My dad doesn't believe I actually work with you guys." "Sure, just get your hero gear on and then we can do it." Marie responded. I want ahead and took the selfie with Callie and Marie in their hero gear, because they were in it when I arrived, just for saftey. "Now I can finally get this the way I want it. So please, leave no offense to you guys, I just need to, uh, how do I say this, make this place my own, I guess? I'll be at the training facility by 1pm, latest. If I need your help, I'll call over the com. Okay?" I said. "Got it." they all said at once. They left my room and I was able to make it the way I wanted. After about 30 minutes though, I heard a banging at the door. I grabbed my Hero Shot, just in case. As I approched the door, it was burst down, and someone came in. It wasn't any of the Agents, my parents, or the Cap'n. It was a robber. I shot at him with my Hero Shot, but missed both times. I dropped the Hero Shot and went into hand to hand combat with the robber. It was pretty easy to kick out his legs underneath him, as he didn't know any hand to hand combat skills. I pinned him down, and talked into my com. "This is Agent Alpha, I need someone to get the police to my house, there is an intruder." I said franticly. "Agent 1 here, contacting police now." A few minutes later, the police showed up at my apartment, and arrested the robber. "That's why you don't try to invade an Agent's home, especially when they're there," I told the robber. "Agent Alpha here, robber is in police custody now." I said through my com. It was 11:40am by the time that was over, so I headed out to get a new apartment door. The apartment building callers me and told me that they would replace the door, so I was happy about that. By the time I got home, they had already replaced the door. I headed into my room to change into my hero gear and headed out to train some more.

Author's Note: Talked with Hank (aka Nintendome) duris his livestream today, Feb. 29th, and he said he was reding this #subtlebrag

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I sent my dad the selfie I took with the Squid Sisters, and he believed me.

"I doubted you at first, but I believe you now," he texted back.

I headed off to training, and they had just stopped for lunch.

"Finally, you're here," Blue said, "We were starting to wonder where you were."

"Shut up Blue. Anyway, that was pretty crazy with the robber and all," I said.

"So how exactly did you pin him to the ground?" Callie asked me.

"He threw a punch at me, I dodged in by rotating around and ducking, and then I kicked out his legs from underneath him." I bragged.

"Dang. And yet you somehow missed two shots on him?" Orange asked.

"I don't want to talk about that." I said, slightly ticked that she brought that up.

"Okay, this is a question for Callie and Marie," I said, "Where did you get the idea for Calamari Inkantation?"

"We actually sang it it a singing competition when we were, what, 7?" Callie asked Marie.

"Yeah, it was when were 7, and once we became popular, we decided to put a new twist on it." Marie responded.

"Never would've thought that was why - OH ****." I was rudely cut off by a group of around 20 Inklings and Octolings surrounding us five.

"Surrender yourselves and no one will get hurt." the head Octoling said.

"This is bad....." Blue said, very worried.

"You think?" Callie responded, also worried.

"We won't hurt you, we just need to take you as prisoners, considering what you've done to some of our members in the past." the head Inkling said.

Orange and I looked at each other, and nodded, and we tried to get some of the members on the ground, but we were pinned on the ground, hard, and I blacked out.

I woke up in a cell, alone, and on the floor. I had no idea where I was, or why I was here, until I saw the Octoling guard walk by cell.

I looked around for the other Agents, but I couldn't see any of them. I took a look around my cell and saw Callie lying on the ground, limp.

"C'mon Cal- I mean Agent 1, wake up!" I said, while shaking her.

"Oh god... oh, Alpha, thank god you're here. What happened? Why are we here?" Callie asked me, after she woke up.

"Listen, we were captured by a group of Inklings and Octolings working together, and now were're prisoners." I told her. "We need to find the others, and get out of here, fast."

She nodded, and we asked the guard if they knew the other Agents were.

"Yes, I do, and I will help you get to them. Here's the thing, I'm working against the group that captured you guys, and when I saw that they had captured you, I signed up for a guard position. I will help you guys get out, I just need to do it late at night." he told us.

"Thank you so much," Callie told the guard. We waited until that night, and the same guard showed up.

"Listen, I need you to be extremely quiet, any noise could be inferior to what I'm trying to do to help you guys." the guard told us.

We went to go get Orange, Blue and Marie who were in a cell together. We got them out, and we started heading towards the exit, and as we neared the exit, the guard spoke to us.

"Listen, I brought a van that can carry the six of us, so when we get outside, sprint after me."

I gave him the "OK" sign, and we snuck out the exit, and to the van.

"Also, you need to duck down, I cant let you guys be seen until we get back to Inkopolis." he told us.

When we got to the gate, however, one of the other guards spotted me, and he called for assistance.

"We've been spotted" I told the group. "We need to fight our way through all of the guards, as best as we can."

The Agents and I hopped out of the van waiting for the enemies to arrive. After that all arrived, it was around 30 of them versus five of us. They had weapons, we didn't.

"We are screwed....." Blue said.

"Hey, don't give up on us that easily." I snapped, "They probably only know how to use their weapons, and don't know any hand to hand combat."

"He's got a point." said Marie.

"So if we can just get their weapons out of their hands, we'll be fine." I told the group.

I went after a few and knocked their weapons away from them. I grabbed the Splattershot Pro that one in them had, and shot each one with it.

After I got the last one with a shot though, I heard a bang and felt something hit my leg. I had been shot with an actual bullet. At about the same time, I saw Callie fall to the ground.

"Oh, god..... Orange! Tell the others that they need to get the rest of the enemies out! Callie was shot in the abdomen!" I yelled, "I'm taking her the nearest hospital."

I put Callie in the back of the van, laying down. I hopped in the driver's seat, turned on the GPS, and found the nearest hospital.

"Please let there be no traffic." I thought to myself.

I got to the hospital fast, grabbed Callie, and ran inside.

"I need a doctor quick! This Agent has been shot!"

They got Callie into a strecher and into the operating room to get to remove the bullet. As I raced along, I remembered the bullet that had lodged itself in my leg.

"Also, I need a doctor, I was shot in the leg." I said, grimacing as the wound hurt more and more. The gave me some anesthesia and took me into the operating room.

I woke up with an IV in my arm, and Callie in a bad next to me.

"Oh thank God you're awake," Callie said.

"Listen," a doctor came over to talk to me, "Your rush to get this Agent here did in fact save her life, but it left your leg in terrible condition. We have two options. Have you stay in a wheelchair for around four months for your leg to heal, or we can amputate your leg and get you a prosthetic. The choice is yours." he told me.

Oh god. Do I go inactive for around four months and not be able to do anything, or do I get a prosthetic and get back in around fifteen days?

"Question. Is there a way that you could get a brace for me to wear, so that I can still play?" I asked the doctor.

"I think we could arrange for that." he told me. "Thank you so much." I responded.

I got my brace the next day, and was back to playing regular games in around three days.

Last edited:

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
After a week of just playing regular turf wars, waiting for my leg to heal, I headed back to the hero training grounds.

When I arrived, I noticed that there was one extra Agent then normal. I didn't think I could trust him, so I pulled out my hero shot at him.

"Alpha, this is Hunter Williston, he's just another agent, just like the rest of us." Orange told me,"He's a new Agent that we recruited while you were out waiting for your leg to heal."

"Okay, listen," I told the group, "I honestly thought Hunter was going to hurt you guys." I want over to talk to Hunter.

"Are you the same guy that won the giveaway to meet the Squid Sisters?" I asked Hunter.

"Yes, I am that guy. And I am also that guy who saved Marie from the Pro-Inkling bots."

"Okay, no need to brag or anything, but I saved Callie from dying from a bullet shot to the abdomen." I told Hunter.

"So we've both saved one of the Squid Sisters before. Hmph." Hunter replied.

"Anywho, back to training." Cuttlefish said.

We did some 1v1s in a tournament style, and, of course, Agents 1 and 2 got a first round bye because they had been Agents for the longest. The First round was Orange vs. Blue, and Orange sniped Blue from quite a distance, giving her the win.

Then it was me vs. Hunter, given that we were the two newest agents. He was using a charger, so I knew I had to sneak around him to splat him.

Cuttlefish blew the wistle and we started the 1v1. I inked the area around me, then noticed Hunter up on a perch. He didn't see me, so I snuck around him to sneak up onto his perch. I inked the side of the wall to climb up to the perch. He turned around and saw me, but it was too late for him.

"Surprise." I said, smirking, then it was game over. I had won.

"Well crap. I almost never lose." Hunter said, "You're pretty good, Alpha."

"I try my best." I responded.

Then I had to face Marie in the semi-finals. She was also using a charger, but I knew that she had seen my strategy in my match against Hunter, so I knew not to use the same strategy.

I decided to try to go full melee, because a charger is terrible at short range. I notice that Marie was still trying to make a path for herself, so I went into the corridor parallel to hers. As soon as she passed the connecting hallway I snuck behind her. She didn't notice me, so I got close enough to splat her, then shot. She turned around to see me shoot at her, but she couldn't get off a shot.

Alpha 2, Opponents 0.

I watched the next match, which was between Callie and Orange. Orange still had her charger, while Callie was using a roller. Callie went to one of the flanks, while Orange went to the center. I saw Callie go behind Orange, and she was catching up to Orange very quickly. Instead of trying to roll over her, she used the roller's main attack, the flick, to splat Orange.

Well, it was me vs Callie in the finals. I headed off to my starting platform, and the match started. I noticed Callie coming down the same passageway that I was going down, so I inked behind a container and waited for her. One she got to where I was hiding, she took a turn to where I was. I swam away, but she saw my trail and followed me. I tried to swim away, but she kept getting closer.

I finally decided to try to attack her, but she had gotten too close to me, and she splatted me for the win.

I kicked myself for being stupid during the duel.

"I tried to be sneaky, and my plan backfired." I said.

"I didn't know you were there, I guess I got lucky." Callie replied.

During our lunch break, I pulled out my SquidPhone and pulled up Calamari Inkantation. I had posted a cover of it online, and it went viral. I was pretty psyched when it happened. I started singing along. I had just passed the second verse when Callie walked into the tent I was in.

"Hey, Alpha." Callie said, "Was that you singing?"

"Yeah, I was singing along to Calamari Inkantation." I replied.

"I thought I recognized your voice," she replied, "Did you do a cover of it online?" she asked.

"Yeah, and I was happy when it went viral." I replied.

"Yeah, 'cause Marie and I saw that, because so many people said we should listen to it."

"Am I obliged to say thank you, or am I allowed to freak out just like the smaller Alphas are doing in my head right now?" I asked.

"I don't care, I just wanted to tell you that you can sing very well." she replied, "Also, have you thought about recording covers of pop songs and actually putting them on the radio? And maybe even making original songs?"

"So, in other words, try to become famous?" I replied.

"Yup. Besides, you can still be an Agent, kinda like how Marie and I are still Agents, even though we are still technically pop stars." Callie replied.

"I'll give it a thought," I replied, "Just wondering, have you seen the trailers for that new movie called...what was it...uh... "Squidinator Genisis"... yeah, that was it."

"Yeah, I've seen them," Callie replied, "In fact, I'm going to go see the premier of it later tonight with Marie."

"Got it. Even though I haven't seen the first ones, it sounds somewhat interesting," I replied, not suprised that she was going to the premier, considering she was a Squid Sister.

"Alpha! Callie! We got to get back to training!" Cuttlefish yelled at us.

"You got to go ruin the conversation." I said.

Callie giggled.

Callie texted me that night, telling me that Marie had brought along Hunter for a date to see Squidinator Genisis. I swear I was getting more and more jealous of Hunter by the minute. First he one-ups me when we're talking, then he gets to go on a date with Marie? MARIE? He is the luckiest squid ever.

I had a patrol that night, so I couldn't stay with Blue, Orange, and Cuttlefish. I was out on patrol in the plaza when I was cornered by three guys who all had guns.

"Well well well, if it isn't an Agent, out on patrol alone." the head thug said with a smirk. I didn't think to bring my hero shot, not thinking I'd need it. I had to try to do somthing, but I wasn't sure what. I tried to knock their weapons out of their hands, but the all shot me in the abdomen and ran off. I barely had any time to call for help through my com.

"This...is...Agent Alpha...I need help...I'm shot...I'm in the alley next to where Spyke normally is..." Then I blacked out.

I found myself in what appeared to be a prison cell, but I couldn't feel anything. The bars were so close together, that I couldn't squid through them like I normally could. That is, if I was able to turn into my squid form, because I couldn't seem to. I saw what looked like two Octolings guarding my cell door, to make sure I didn't get out. I started to feel a slight burning feeling in my feet. The feeling started going up into my legs, then I looked down. They were starting to fill the room with water.

"Oh no no no no no," I thought, knowing that I was dead.

The water started pouring faster, and soon it was up to my chest.

I woke up on a hospital bed in a cold sweat.

"Wh- oh! Alpha!" Callie said. She was right next to me.

"God, what happened and what time is it?" I asked. "I know I was shot, but what happened after that?"

"So Blue was the only one able to hear your call for help, and he relayed the info to Orange and Cuttlefish, and they were able to get you here, and then Orange texted Marie, and then we came here while you were still in surgery. Also, it's 5pm, and you were out for around three days." she replied.

I tried to sit up, but my abdomen started to hurt badly.

"Please tell me you guys were able to catch the people who shot me." I said.

"Yeah, we did, because the door outside our studio has a security camera on it, and it caught the faces of the people." Callie told me.

"Thank god." I said, releived.

AN: Two things. 1. I was grounded. That's why there havn't been any chapters out since the 2nd.
2. The character Hunter Williston is the OC of @Zerul and all credits for Hunter go to him. He let me use him in this story, but I had to ask him.

EDIT: If you could give me any feedback via replying to this thread or sending me a conversation mesaage, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

UBERU-5

Senpai in the sheets ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NNID
SgtUBERUU
wow these are interesting owo

and nice and short, i prob wouldn't want to read longs paragraphs owo

kinda makes me want to draw some of your chapters, just cause of the nice simple layout ^^

i'll read the rest right now >w<

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Hehe, thanks for the positive reveiw!!

EDITS: I would love to see the scene where Alpha learns that Agents 1 and 2 are Callie and Marie in a comic XD

Last edited:

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I'm not joking when I say this, I just lost all of my progress on chapters 16 and 17, due to a glitch that sometimes happens for me. So, more waiting for you guys, more writing for me >.<

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
i use it and its really good and keeping saves of your document. i have a document for each fanfic. and i make the chapters inside that one doc and clear it once i post it.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I'm not joking when I say this, I just lost all of my progress on chapters 16 and 17, due to a glitch that sometimes happens for me. So, more waiting for you guys, more writing for me >.<
Did you have any backups? Or does the glitch apply to those too?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Aight, well that sucks. What program have you been using?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@AlphaOmegaSplatter

I'm going to hop on the Docs bandwagon here.
Dude, you should use it. It's a fantastic thing and it'll surely help you alot with that problem of yours. You can make folders to hide it away from people and keep it neat and uncluttered, while also simultaneously making a Doc file for each chapter. Making sure you got a backup each and every time. Heck, if your computer has the capabilities then it'll autocorrect for you. And then if you're uncertain about grammar errors, you could just go onto Word again (if your computer has that capability like mine. Typewriter laptops 4 lyfe!). And if that wasn't enough, if you manage to get someone to proofread your stuff, it also has it's own editing thing.

To sum it all up (TL;DR) Docs is a magnificent thing and will make your life writing new chapters that much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom