• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

ARE YOU HYPED?????

• Total voters

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
This game is something that I wasn't expecting at all.
It's so open ended, kinda like Xenoblade Chronicles world but with that Zelda touch and puzzles and adventures.
Thousands of ways to explore the vast world.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Actually Monolith is said to be assisting on the development of BotW, so the Xenoblade expertise in open worlds is very literally being applied. Also, FWIW, Monolith is owned by Nintendo but was formed by a group of devs that left Squaresoft who were key figures in the old Final Fantasy games. So, yeah, BoTW is the combined dev talent of the core Zelda team and a good junk of the core old-school FF team . What's not to be hyped about? :)

It reminds me of a lot of things. 8-bit Zelda, Morrowind (or Elder Scrolls in general), Myst/Riven/or more particularly Uru, it's a lot of things all at once. I think Splatoon is going to become VERY unpopular when that game launches :P

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
And here I was expecting the game to be a full disappointment... it's got my full support. Now the only question is, do I get it for my Wii U or my eventual NX?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
And here I was expecting the game to be a full disappointment... it's got my full support. Now the only question is, do I get it for my Wii U or my eventual NX?
There's the big question. WHAT will NX be? And will it be like Twilight Princess where getting it on the new console yields the inferior version of the game? (I so regretted not getting the GCN version up until TP:HD came out.)

Will BotW have even MORE stunning graphics on NX? If so, it would be so fleek that I literally couldn't even!

Or will NX be the fabled hybrid handheld which seems ever more possible? Does that mean you can run that massive zelda game on a portable device in your POCKET? That would be far too amazing to pass up. Vita pledged to be a PS3 in your pocket and became a PS1 in your pocket. What if NX is literally a WiiU in your pocket? Launching with open world zelda? Would Project Scorpio even be remembered?

Or will the NX version feature inverted dungeons and controls that make you stomp your feet and blink rapidly to the rhythm to make Link swing his sword?

Either way rumor strongly suggests that your choice WILL be between an optical disc and a cartridge. If the cartridge is gold, my path is already chosen for me. Even if I have to stomp my feet and blink to the rhythm.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I keep calling this game "Breath of the Wind" and I know I'm not the only one.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Jeez, I'd thought a whole lot more people would've posted here...

Anyway: Now I know that the game being extremely open-ended means there's no real "wrong" way to play the game. Nevertheless, seeing as I not only ran into a Lynel (which kicked my *** repeatedly) and a Blue Hinox (which thrice flattened me) on the way to Akkala, but also found the 600 Rupee treasure that said Lynel was guarding before eyeing the beast itself, I feel like I may have made a bit of a navigational error here & there.

I kinda feel a bit lost, but I'm not so far gone as to go hunt down a walkthrough just yet. Although I would like to know if there's any way I can get swords 'n' such without resorting to beating down wild Moblins 'n' such... and if there are any Heart Containers out in the wild like in the other games...

Maave

Inkling Commander
lol I would've posted here but I was too lazy to search for it.

I haven't found any surefire way to get weapons aside from enemies. Perhaps mark an area on your map where the mobs have good weapons, then travel there after the blood moon.

Haven't found any wild heart containers either, it's all from the prayer statues and bosses (moreso the statues).

Sidenode, multiple users on the Switch was handled very well. My roommate and I have been alternating playing all weekend - he plays during the day and I play at night. Start game, select user, done. Or go to home, hit switch user, select new user. Very easy.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I didn't see this thread till now.
Just wondering if I'm the only one.
Anyone else having difficulty getting the motion controlled puzzles due to Akward Camera angles. I have done 3 different shrines like that and been frustrated (I beat all of them)

But other than some minor blemishes on an otherwise excellent game.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I did the ball rolling motion puzzle. I didn't have much issue with the camera but the motion smoothing made it difficult. I really wish there was an option for that

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I did the ball rolling motion puzzle. I didn't have much issue with the camera but the motion smoothing made it difficult. I really wish there was an option for that
I see what they are going for with it but I feel like I have no idea where level is ( solved it by flipping the board completely upside down)

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Aww dang, I just made a thread about this game a little ago in a different spot.. I didn't see this one. Jeeze, oh well.

It's a pretty good game though. I like it more than I was epecting to, but still not as a much as everyone else seems too. I don't doubt that this will be one of the more influential games from Nintendo going forward.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
I mean, I don't know why it's in this particular section, but there is a place to discuss other games. Generally restricting a place to "Talk about this and only this one thing!" is a fantastic way to ensure people leave when they want to talk about something else and forget to come back.

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I have been playing very wrong...
That looks super hard to pull off I'm going to try fighting one... But when you get the Arrows latter they do insane damage.
An easy way to pull it off is to watch for their eye to flash blue which is right before they fire their laser. Keep it in mind it'll work or not depending on near or far you are away from them.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
An easy way to pull it off is to watch for their eye to flash blue which is right before they fire their laser. Keep it in mind it'll work or not depending on near or far you are away from them.
Update I have roasted every sheild on one shot... Clearly I need better gear...
But the anti guardian gear is awesome. (No spoilers)

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Update I have roasted every shield on one shot... Clearly I need better gear...
It doesn't matter on how strong your shield is. Any one can work, including the Pot Lid. You just need the correct timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom