• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The most in-depth study into Splatoon mechanics so far

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
A group of Japanese Splatoon players have effectively reverse-engineered the entire game. Every weapon's damage and every ability's effects have been deconstructed and displayed in lovely graphs and tables so you can know exactly how it all works.

The catch, of course, is that it's all in Japanese.
HERE ARE THEIR FINDINGS!

You can decipher most of it in Google Translate, with the exception of the images. Fortunately, most of the weapon names are the same as in English, just written in Japanese katakana characters (eg ラピッドブラスター = rapiddo burasutaa = Rapid Blaster) so maybe if you arm yourself with a katakana table you can work out what all the lines mean.

Regardless, this is an impressive achievement and I hope you find it interesting. :)

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Wow, this looks really accurate. Good thing I know a little japanese and can decipher the one or another thing.
Also it looks like Box was very close to the actual algorithms with his formula in the other thread.

So we basically found out, that most of the stuff listed in this thread http://squidboards.com/threads/hard-data-gear-abilities-percentual-effects.2904/ is wrong? Some loadouts need a little rework now I guess :D

It also confirms Ink Recovery Up as god tier ability. Just look how steep this graph goes until around 20 :scared: (the first chart with one single black graph)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom